That terrible anime list changing bug is fixed

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Aug 18, 2013.

1. sothis

sothis Overlord Staff Member

Posted by sothis on Aug 18, 2013
    Some of you may have encountered a rather nasty and insidious bug that was known to swap around anime list entries. We've known about it for a long, long time but were never able to reproduce the issue - most people reported it after it had been awhile, weren't sure of when it happened, and we never had a way to reproduce it. We knew it was something to do with caching but until now, we've had our hands tied.

Thankfully, mlemaudit reported a set of steps to reproduce the issue and we were FINALLY able to identify and fix the issue. Huge thanks as well to Drahken who helped come up with secondary steps to reproduce it, and to Xesxen who tracked down the buggy code and fixed it.

For those who are interested in knowing what was going on, it did indeed have to do with caching/session restore. We fixed some things on our end so it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks to everyone for your patience during this time, I know it was a hassle for anyone who ran into the bug and I'm glad we've finally be able to get it taken care of.
  2. r18

r18 Ojii-san

Posted by r18 on Aug 18, 2013
    you guys never cease to amaze me...all hail the goddess ...
  3. Kari5

Kari5 Active Member

Posted by Kari5 on Aug 18, 2013
    Awesome news :)
  4. al2551

al2551 Member

Posted by al2551 on Aug 18, 2013
    ...and all this time I thought it was me!
  5. meekish

meekish New Member

Posted by meekish on Aug 18, 2013
    Yay~ ^^
  6. Drahken

Drahken Cross-eyed Cyclops

Posted by Drahken on Aug 18, 2013
    It was. The fix was banning you from the site & deleting your acct.

*whistles innocently*
  7. arthyp

arthyp New Member

Posted by arthyp on Aug 19, 2013
    Hah, it's happend to me 2-3 times but I think it's my fault (missclick or smth).
    Good news.
  8. Sixpounder

Sixpounder Active Member

Posted by Sixpounder on Aug 20, 2013
    Great news, I experienced this bug few times and was god damn awful.
  9. Doomoo

Doomoo New Member

Posted by Doomoo on Aug 21, 2013
    I'm glad this was fixed, I thought maybe I was just forgetting about changing things or that I was misclicking.