New feature: see your own feed on your profile

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Jun 6, 2012.

1. sothis

sothis Overlord Staff Member

Posted by sothis on Jun 6, 2012
    When the activity feed was first launched, I assumed that people would care only about their own friend feed, and the user's personal feed would be useful probably for others visiting the profile. You could still access the personal feed, but to get to it, you'd have to click the feed tab, and then 'my feed'.

The best way I can tell when I'm wrong is when I start hunting for the same hard to get feature that I thought no one would want. ;) After a zillion times trying to get to my own feed to remind myself which ep I watched or what manga I just read, or, which person I just left a comment for, I realized it's time to add the personal feed to the profile.

So, you can now view your personal feed on your profile - it's listed right below the friend feed.

2. Zaig

Zaig Well-Known Member

Posted by Zaig on Jun 6, 2012
    Awesome! Now I can use the time gained to better stalk my friends' feed, now that I don't have to go through multiple steps to check my own feed.
  3. atsinganoi

atsinganoi New Member

Posted by atsinganoi on Jun 6, 2012
    Sweet! It'll help me to remind myself where I'm at with anime episodes. I should probably start commenting on stuff too...and make friends...I'll get on that.
  4. Kari5

Kari5 Active Member

Posted by Kari5 on Jun 6, 2012
    Haha, I check my own feed all the time too.
  5. ZoundX

ZoundX New Member

Posted by ZoundX on Jun 6, 2012
    Great feature saves alot of time :thumbsup:
  6. sothis

by the way, we do still plan on showing the date information in the feed - technically it's already saved with each feed item, we just dont display it because it would be automatically set to the timestamp of the server and that would likely confuse people. i just need to get a timezone setter thing set up so people can choose that, and then the dates will output
  7. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Awesome. Now I don't have to sign out to check my own feed. Sweet.
  8. sothis

technically you didnt need to do that before either - just click your 'feed' tab, and there's a link at the top for 'my feed'
  9. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

...I was not aware of that.
  10. TheCoffeeGod

TheCoffeeGod Active Member

I was hoping this feature would come back some day.
  11. Drahken

Drahken Cross-eyed Cyclops

Posted by Drahken on Jun 6, 2012
    When I saw this on my profile today, I thought it had always been there. Shows how little I visit my profile page. ;)
  12. Funari

Funari New Member

Posted by Funari on Jun 6, 2012
    Thanks, +1 person who thinks this is useful. Also a bit relieving to see I'm not the only one who regularly checks their own feed.
  13. Crimm

Crimm Administrator

Posted by Crimm on Jun 6, 2012
    This is great. One more request: Can we get it in RSS so we can auto share it on social networks, please? :)
  14. djcurry

djcurry New Member

Posted by djcurry on Jun 6, 2012
    Any chance we could get timestamps on the activity feed?

[​IMG] - anime | manga | reviews
  15. Drahken

Drahken Cross-eyed Cyclops

Posted by Drahken on Jun 6, 2012
    @djcurry: Read up a few posts, sothis already stated that timestamps are planned:

16. Thrawn

Posted by Thrawn on Jun 7, 2012
    A neato feature, I was always curious on what I most recently added.
  17. Doomoo

Doomoo New Member

Posted by Doomoo on Jun 7, 2012
    Now I can look at my own feed and feel like my life has meaning. e_e *sobs*
  18. Funkgun

Funkgun Moderator

Posted by Funkgun on Jun 9, 2012
    It does!

This was my life affirmation quote of the day.
  19. Jet

Jet New Member

Posted by Jet on Jun 12, 2012
    The only problem with this is that the page takes even longer to scroll down now. Would be nice if u combined the two of 'em instead.
  20. cbsgoju

cbsgoju Member

Posted by cbsgoju on Jun 19, 2012
    I don't know, I like the fact that the feeds are separate. Also I love all these new features, Thanks a lot.