Izetta: The Last Witch

Episode 4
I'm curious as to what or how the United States of Atlanta is organized. However, I am also relieved that Izetta has limitations on her powers because of Ley lines and so forth. Thats actually pretty cool.

Episode 4
And I think we finally have the full backstory. Although, the actual perp behind the barn burnin' will probably remain a mystery...

Fanservice picked up. I preferred the subtle butt-shots to blatant boob molesting. At least the boob-groping lead to a really cute outfit?

And the explanation on how her magic works explains a lot. Just make sure all of her battles are somewhere she can go full out, and war solved...

Episode 3 had some pretty good war scenes, and Izetta was awesome again, but I don't think 2 or 3 have lived up to the promise of the first episode yet, the animation quality has taken a noticeable dive too. Having said that, it's not a bad watch by any means.

Episode 5:
Yeah Jonas is gonna be all disillusioned now that he knows Izetta's secret and will fuck everything up especially with that spy looking for him. To be honest, I found the last few scenes pretty dumb and contrived. Why would Sieg and that general guy discuss such important secrets out in the open like that for everyone to see and hear? It's their fault everything got leaked. Yeah I enjoyed the episode except for that part.

^ In their defense, it was in the middle of a forest where it could reasonably be assumed no one was around.

^ In their defense, it was in the middle of a forest where it could reasonably be assumed no one was around.

I don't think it's that much of a defense, because they shouldn't be discussing a major state secret out in the open at all. It ruins all the work that's been put into hiding
Izetta's limits just for the sake of moving the plot. It's a case of poor writing. These guys are in the middle of a warzone and they're seasoned veterans they should definitely know there's always a risk of spies listening in.

I've been enjoying this, but I do agree with people saying that it hasn't really lived up to the promise of that first episode. The fanservice can get distracting at times. It's also a bit too heavy on action and too light on plot. I do like how they're
using Izetta for propaganda and smartly using the threat she poses in more than just the obvious way. Unfortunately, if word gets out about her limits then it'll make the allies reluctant to join them.

Episode 5.
Romulus? I knew those dirty Germanians were conspiring with the Romulans!
And now Private Pinhead there is gonna blab to someone, most likely Squinty McSpyface over there. Maybe if these pickleheads weren't discussing important military shit out in the open like that...

The fake powers performance was pretty neat, though.

Ep 5 was decent I think. The episode before that gave us some important info but was otherwise just ok.
Episode 5:
Yeah Jonas is gonna be all disillusioned now that he knows Izetta's secret and will fuck everything up especially with that spy looking for him. To be honest, I found the last few scenes pretty dumb and contrived. Why would Sieg and that general guy discuss such important secrets out in the open like that for everyone to see and hear? It's their fault everything got leaked. Yeah I enjoyed the episode except for that part.
I found that to be just a way of forcing tension. Have two important characters talk about very classified information where any grunt could stumble upon them and listen in. It certainly was a bit contrived. I imagine the spy will end up catching wind when Jonas goes back.

I don't think it's that much of a defense, because they shouldn't be discussing a major state secret out in the open at all. It ruins all the work that's been put into hiding
Izetta's limits just for the sake of moving the plot. It's a case of poor writing. These guys are in the middle of a warzone and they're seasoned veterans they should definitely know there's always a risk of spies listening in.
Oh; I'm not saying it's not bad writing at all. It's an absolute shite writing technique any 5th grader could pull off, and was a copout.
...eh; in hindsight it's hard to justify what happened that episode at the end.

ep 5 was all really good until that final scene... as stated above, that is just bad writing.

Also, I never really noticed until now how nice that ED actually is. Odd...

And the PV for next ep promises too much fanservice again. Urgh

Agree with a little of what was said here, I liked ep 5 until the last scene, not only was it pretty plot convenient writing, but it's made the next few episodes massively predictable.

EP 6
OO - oo
^everyone"s boobs vs Fine's boobs :p
A bit too much fanservice again for my tastes, and lots of pointless stuff to show that Fine is still a nice ruler... as if we didn't get that already. That reveal with the falling cake was stupid and still annoys me to no end, especially since they're disguises were already at "Jessie and James" level...

Then there's the stuff with Jonas... and I didn't expect that it would turn out like that, especially after the first scene. Not that it's a bad thing: I'm quite happy that he didn't just spill the beans to further the plot, although it makes me wonder about the general purpose of having Jonas get some spotlight and find out about Izetta's secret...

I'm quite happy that he didn't just spill the beans to further the plot, although it makes me wonder about the general purpose of having Jonas get some spotlight and find out about Izetta's secret...

A subtle message!
"Even good guys did bad things to good people in war."
#WeAreEdgy #Edgelord #DeepAsFuck

But seriously, it's trying to make the setting seem darker to establish itself more as a mature work rather than a common feel good shounen or something like that. Of course the fanservice totally undermines that for the most part and this was about as on the nose as it gets but then again this is written by you know who you remember already. Therefore this is just what we could have expected to begin with.

Episode 6.
"Sorry, kid. You have to die cause we were stupid and talked about super important military stuff in the open."

Talk about a raw deal for Private Chucklenuts there. Dead cause Bishie Boy and Major Mustache are morons.

And we get it already. Fine is super nice and relates to the common folk. Maybe try one episode without bringing it up again...

Episode 6:
Aw man poor Jonas. Well at least Izetta's secret is safe. I didn't find the cafe scene that much annoying but yeah it was pretty pointless. Though it made me crave some pie. Meh episode overall and the only bit I like was the Division 9 thing. Some serious Wolfenstein vibes there.

Episode 6 had a lot of pointlessness in it.
Finé went all food wars there at one point
EP 6
OO - oo
^everyone"s boobs vs Fine's boobs :p
I'm quite happy that he didn't just spill the beans to further the plot, although it makes me wonder about the general purpose of having Jonas get some spotlight and find out about Izetta's secret...
I would say that it could maybe have been used to show how ruthless higher ups can be when it comes to very important, classified information. They are not above murdering one of their own if they deem it absolutely necessary. A bit of a bum deal for poor Jonas, he should never have said anything about what he heard, especially seeing as he didn't elaborate any further.

Episode 6
Joans got the short end of the stick because people cant learn to not talk in the open about super secret, country ending things. Also, shooting on the run, c'mon now, if your that close, stop, aim, then shoot. Aggh..

Episode 6

For being a filler episode it sure advanced the plot a bit (I mean, the end card of the previous episode screamed "INCOMING FILLER EPISODE").
Jonas' death didn't surprise me much though. Sieg has been reminding me of Kiritsugu for a while, and I knew Jonas had no chance to survive once I saw Sieg coming to his rescue.

Episode 7.
Did the animation seem choppy this episode, or was it just me?

Anyway...
This Gorman guy is totally gonna turn out to be another spy. It just seems too obvious. What was also obvious, is how the plan was gonna fail cause they explained it. If you explain the plan, it fails. Anime 101. Still, the dogfight and subsequent blowing shit up was pretty good.

And Nazi Glasses done caught on to her weakness...and has his own witch. That could prove entertaining.

Back