Facebook/twitter auto posts: now with standalone options for episodes, rating!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Jan 11, 2014.

1. sothis

sothis Overlord Staff Member

Posted by sothis on Jan 11, 2014
    In case you aren't aware, you can link your Facebook and Twitter.

Many of you have asked for more granularity on what you share for anime and manga updates - previously, you'd opt in to auto-post everything (status, ratings, episodes [or ch/vols for manga]). We've now added that granularity. You can now opt-in to post status, ratings and episodes individually (or all of them if you want)

If you have previously opted in to 'anime updates' or 'manga updates', you've been auto opted-in to these new granular settings. If you haven't opted in to anime/manga updates, you'll now be able to set them individually.

To link your accounts, go to edit profile and click one of the buttons - once the acct is linked you'll see a table of settings below the buttons. You must opt in for any of the auto posting to occur

:drinking:

2. Kari5

Kari5 Active Member

Posted by Kari5 on Jan 11, 2014
    Yaaaay!
    Thank you so much! <3

3. Funkgun

Funkgun Moderator

Yes, this is much better.
    Kudos.

4. vernanonix

vernanonix Well-Known Member

Curiously, are you able to convince the posts to kind of merge together when marking multiple series? It seems like if I mark episodes within the same series, they merge to one post. But I just marked 4 series and they posted 4 times. I don't want to spam my poor facebook friends when I rapidfire mark stuff.

5. Kari5

Kari5 Active Member

Posted by Kari5 on Jan 18, 2014
    I think if there are a certain number of posts, facebook combines them automatically on your friends' feeds.

6. Funkgun

Funkgun Moderator

Unfortunately Twitter kinda spams. I am going to shut down auto on everything till I rate a show.

7. vernanonix

vernanonix Well-Known Member

I dunno. If it's the same show, it does that. But if it's separate ones, it keeps it separated. Looks like this:

[​IMG]

I get yelled at regularly by my girlfriend about it. Think auto truncating can be looked into?

8. sothis

sothis Overlord Staff Member

Posted by sothis on Jan 22, 2014
    no, there's no way to force facebook to group them as far as i know