Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Re: Code Geass

Is it me or does Code Geass reminds anyone of Gundam Seed? I mean you can pretty much link characters from both series. Suzaku <-> Kira, Lulu <-> Athrun, Epuehima <-> Lacus, Kallen <-> Cagalii and more but I dont have the time to write them all out (gotta head out to class). But like even the story is linkable between the two series as well :P I think I'll recommend the series when this series is added. ^^

Vivi's Queen said:
When I first watched it I thought it was a slightly lesser Gundam Seed. And there are elements that really cater to that genre.

HellaSueV said:
Is it me or does Code Geass reminds anyone of Gundam Seed? I mean you can pretty much link characters from both series. Suzaku <-> Kira, Lulu <-> Athrun, Epuehima <-> Lacus, Kallen <-> Cagalii and more but I dont have the time to write them all out (gotta head out to class).

That is what kept me away from this show, but if it doesn't go down the familiar root, I'll give it a go. Although I have to say that the "choosing a side" is not something I'm a big fan of, both sides can be wrong after all.

Vivi's Queen said:
For a sci-fi mecha anime, it is one of those rarities where the PEOPLE matter more than the machines.
This is good

Vivi's Queen said:
Yeah, you get some cool fighting, but the focus during the action scenes is on the DIALOGUE and the analytical THINKING of the people involved.
This is something that's very bad in my eyes, you don't try to convince someone of your views while you are on the battle field. My main problem with the mecha genre.

But I'll watch first, rip later. :D I really wonder how it will fit into my views. For example I agree with the overall message of Death Note - manga in it's entirety, loved the movies, but reject the elements that make it so popular to many.

Last edited:

WOW!!!!! Episode 22 is about as messed up and unpredictable as it gets.

WARNING ....DO NOT reveal the spoiler unless you truly want a massive,massive spoiler and a "Why Did I do That"

Accidentally Geassing Euphie into killing all Japanese and then Euphie goes genocidal and Rambo on the 11s ....Just WOW

I Love it.....I'm a twisted person

This season is not going to end well....

*sniff*

I am at home this Easter... which means no access to any downloading capabilities for a month!!! GOD I MISS ANIME ALREADY!

whoa, i haven't seen ep 22 out yet. i must go find it and watch it before it devours my soul from the inside for not watching it

*runs off screaming in agony and in search of ep 22*

HOLY!! JESUS!!!! like mkolstad mentioned ep 22 is SWEET!!!!! I love this twist ^^ Everyone who hasnt watched it yet go watch it NOW!!!

I'm definitely happy that this show isnt turning out to be like Gundam Seed right now ^^

OMG!!!! That was so unbelievable, what a messed up series in such an awesome way. This is way better than GS.

This pretty much sums it up nicely

Major spoiler alert..... Do not view untill ready
euphie.gif

That ep was so SWEET!!! I was almost able to predict what might happen if it continued the way it was....but now WOW I'm am speechless and this is gonna be awesome with the way its going right now. ^^

Ep 22 was a complete shocker. THat was COMPLETELY un-expected.:@_@:

I am DYING for Ep 23 now! Can't wait to see how this all works out.:sweat:

i think i had to rewatch that last bit of the episode a couple of times to believe it all actually happened.

did anyone notice that lelouche was crying at the end when he gave the order to kill Euphie, OMG that was so freaking sad. gods, this show just keeps getting better and better. it's so gut wrenching

i think i had to rewatch that last bit of the episode a couple of times to believe it all actually happened.

did anyone notice that lelouche was crying at the end when he gave the order to kill Euphie, OMG that was so freaking sad. gods, this show just keeps getting better and better. it's so gut wrenching

YES! Ahhh I am really excited to see how it all works out. I have no idea how this is gonna pan out. Great tv.

Downloading ep 23 right now and it seems like ep 23 is the Final Ep for this season. They have season 2 but I have no idea when that will be out, but hopefully ep 23 is not the final ep for season 1 :P this show is so SWEET!!!

Edit: ok just finished watching ep 23....well the next eps which are 24 & 25 will air summer 2007.......blah. But back to ep 23 omg....it it so amazing theres so many things I did not expect to happen at all. Now just gotta wait for summer

Last edited:

yeah, that was a great way to end the season. i can't wait till the next season and i wonder when they will get to C2s story and what the deal with her is :p.

Ya...and theres also the EU and the Chinese Federation I wonder what roles they will play later on as well. ^^

Just watched eps 21-23:
It's a real shame Lelouch's mission is no longer so just. And I hate the name 'United States of Japan'. Sounds crap unless you actually take over some states, damnit. Feel sorry for Euphie, detest Kururugi Suzaku even more, and feel a massive mix of emotions for Lelouch. I respect him for being intelligent enough to make use of his crazy mistake but at the same time it's callous and he's in a way become the CAUSE of the problem his trying to solve. Still, I want him to win. The Britannians weren't exactly nice and if his only real adversary is fucking Kururugi Sniffle-Pants Suzaku, then I wish Lelouch much luck.

PS. Love Lelouch's laugh. He was born to destroy.

Well, taking advantage of the mistake is the only thing Lelouch could do. If he does nothing, then Euphemia's death is completely meaningless. With the Special Zone done for, and all the Japanese galvanized against Britannia permanently, the callous path is the only one he has left to bring freedom to people.

You gotta feel for Lelouch though, his stomach must be wrenching at all the things he's having to say about Euphemia. And I can't see the Japanese inviting Britannians to their new country anytime soon ^_^;; I wonder what will happen to all his classmates. Even Kallen realizes that many of the Britannians are still good people, and don't deserve to die.

About the United States of Japan thing: You CAN translate it that way, but of course thats not the only way. The word he uses is "gassyouku" which can be used to mean "United States of America", but really it just means "federated states". So it could be translated "Federated States of Japan" as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back