Black Lagoon

I don't like how they speak English, it's stands out in an ulgy way considering the feeling of the series. And the whole deal with the gangs isn't very clear to me. Overall, I'm not impressed with the recent episodes.

Lol. What's keeping you?

Well I don't know, I come home and there are other things I want/have to spend time on. Watching anime just gets put on the list of things I want to do but never get to. I swear it's like there is less time in a day.

I am in love with this show. It started off much stronger than it is now. But it is still one of my all time favorites I have seen so far.

Episode 24 is out now and I don't agree with it getting weaker. You grow with the characters and the characters have very strong personalities and beliefs. It's definitely one of the best series I've seen. I love the plot, although some episodes are semi-stand-alone episodes or at least it seems that way but the plot is never non-linear. The fight scenes are also kick ass. There are so many great genres of anime, but if you're looking for a great action title, this would be it in my opinion.

i liked first 12 eps... byt after that it was not so good anymore... my english is not good enough to talk baaut it more detailed

Just got done watching 24. It didn't end at all like I was expecting. But I was pleasantly pleased with it. This is def my fav anime series I have watched yet even though I am a noob to anime.

I loved this show soo much. I didnt care about the ending, because this was more of a spur of the moment type show. And man, did it have great moments or what =D

the fav thing about this show was Revy. At first she seems like a total psycho, even by my standarts, but then she kinda grows on you, and by the end of the show i was totally in love with her character =)

Revy and Rock MAKE this series. But I must say I was disappointed with the choice of story arc on which to end the show. I learned so little in the end, I felt... a little lost.

I agree, Kerghan, some stunning moments in this show. I think the most amazing characterisation belonged to Balalaika. Found her fascinating. She brings a level of tension to any scene. I cheered inside every time she appeared on the screen.

Anyway, looking forward to the next series, but I'm not as rabid as I was at the beginning.

theres a 3rd series coming out? I hope there is because theres just some things I still don't know about.

There might be, I mean there is some manga material left unanimated, more characters to explore. Roberta's apprentice for one a.k.a baggy maid. :D

ps: I haven't even seen how season two ended, well I got to the middle and kinda lost interest. Note that baggy maid would catapult me into a marathon viewing of the rest of season 2 and the hypothetical season 3 with baggy maid.

Technically yes, but not by much, they mix the stories from the manga in the anime, changing the order and stuff like that. The last story in the manga up till now is El Baile de la muerte, which is the Lovelace family revisited.

can you please tell me what chapter or whatever from the manga starts after the last episode of season 2?

2005310797258297401_fs.jpg

full size: http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/41615/2005310797258297401_rs.jpg
(didn't want to post too big here.)
I saw this ref in Black Lagoon, only turns up 1 result in google. Assume it refers to some biblical tribe that got tormented, but can't verify.

Anyone know?

Last edited:
Re: Anyone know what 'Etimeshi' is a ref to?

It's probably some name they invented for a race.

It must be made up or terribly mispelled... since there is no mention to it anywhere.

Episode 16. (Greenback Jane) Which doesn't make sense unless it's a subbed Japanese rip? There is no USA 2nd Barrage release is there?

It's possible that it is a misspelling of "Emishi".

Looking up the word at dictionary.com led me to a page describing the Emishi. Considering the context of the scene in question, it could be referring to the outmoded and/or alien ideals of the outsiders as compared to the residents of Roanapur and how these outsiders will either be annihilated or forced to conform.

Of course, this is at best an educated guess so take the info as such.

Back