Attack on Titan: Junior High

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Bradalee, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Bradalee

Bradalee Well-Known Member

Posted by Bradalee on Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Nicknames

Nicknames Well-Known Member

Posted by Nicknames on Oct 5, 2015
    Episode 1

It was better than I expected and it was actually funny (I wouldn't be surprised if they admitted they were drunk when they came up with the idea of this anime xD)

3. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

Posted by tootalls on Oct 5, 2015
    2nded, I couldn't help but blurt out loud "this is.....AWESOME!" like half way through the episode.

4. chii

chii chii is chii

Posted by chii on Oct 5, 2015
    the OP really made me giggle

5. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by LinkSword on Oct 6, 2015
    I found that the effort they made to parody so much of the actual show's dialogue and events managed to be kind of amusing, but I doubt this'll be something that'll make me laugh out loud. In fact the novelty will probably wear thin fast and then it'll get painful to watch, but hey, it might stay mildly entertaining the whole way for all I know.

Also I'm not sure why I even picked it up. Also chibi Mikasa is adorable. Also maybe both are related.

P.S. The lack of Armin was a bit strange, although I do see him in the OP/ED. Connie even got some of his lines here. Maybe in this world he's some sort of advanced student in a grade above his own, with Levi and the bunch. EDIT - Never mind, I didn't watch the preview, heh.

6. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji ZAWA ZAWA

No matter how this turns out it will still be infinitely better than that piece of shit Before the Fall manga.

7. Damias

Damias Well-Known Member

Posted by Damias on Oct 6, 2015
    Is Before the Fall probably season 2? I guess I would call it interesting to see how they fucked up.

8. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by LinkSword on Oct 6, 2015
    Before the Fall is an utter piece of shit spin-off manga by an author different from the original creator, who clearly never read a single page of the story and was just in for some quick cash.

Nothing to do with a second season.

9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji ZAWA ZAWA

Episode 1:

This was cute and had a ton of amusing references to the main series, but what really struck me about this episode was the brilliant use of the first season's OST. The most amusing bits of this episode were when that super dramatic soundtrack started up while something really silly was happening. The episode also made me want to go back and listen to that amazing OST.

All in all it was a good start. The OP was brilliant too.

10. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Oct 7, 2015
    I didn't really know what to expect. I wasn't too keen on watching it when I saw the trailer, I just want season 2 of Attack on Titan. But after deciding to check out the first episode, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's actually pretty damn funny. A clever parody.

11. Shinayda

Shinayda New Member

Posted by Shinayda on Oct 8, 2015
    The ep 1 my impression was im laughing the entire episode well its a reverse where the wall became a school maneuvers became brooms and titans doesn't like to eat humans ( they like lunch box) ^-^ wohoo~

12. Kenikki

Kenikki New Member

Posted by Kenikki on Oct 8, 2015
    Well color me surprised. Thought I would hate it, but it's the opposite. I laughed out loud several times during episode 1.

13. saiyamar

saiyamar Member

Posted by saiyamar on Oct 10, 2015
    Laughed aloud several times and the parody to moments in the main series was done well. What really got me though was that they even parodied the OP.

To be honest it feels like this series grew from the chibi training corps shorts which came on the main series DVDs as specials.

14. saiyamar

saiyamar Member

Posted by saiyamar on Oct 10, 2015
    Laughed aloud several times and the parody to moments in the main series was done well. What really got me though was that they even parodied the OP.

To be honest it feels like this series grew from the chibi training corps shorts which came on the main series DVDs as specials.

15. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji ZAWA ZAWA

I'm really impressed with how clever this series is. It'd be pretty easy to make a half assed gag series just using the characters from AoT, but every episode has been packed to the gill with references and details to the main series. The in jokes have all been pretty damn amusing even if the series hasn't been laugh out loud funny. A lot of care and love has went into making this show and it's clear the creator has a real love for the parent series.

This might be the silliest of all the spinoff ideas, but it's also the one I'm finding most entertaining. I read a bit of the manga when it first started, but I think the voice acting and smart use of music add a lot of entertainment value as is usually the case with comedy adaptations. I was a bit skeptical when I saw this was going to be getting an anime, but after watching the first four episodes I am sold on the series as something solidly entertaining.

This episode came up with a pretty funny way to implementing the move gear into the school environment. It fits pretty naturally into the school setting, while keeping one of the coolest things to come out of AoT.

16. Quizap

Quizap Active Member

Posted by Quizap on Oct 24, 2015
    I haven't laughed this much for a series in awhile. (Even though I'm a good 3 years behind on 90% of the anime that has come out.)

17. Nicknames

Nicknames Well-Known Member

Posted by Nicknames on Oct 26, 2015
    At this rate this show is going to be the surprise of the season. It's way better than I expected.

Btw, can somebody tell me who's the girl on the left of this screenshot? I can tell she's from the main series but I don't know who she is =/

18. Shinayda

Shinayda New Member

Posted by Shinayda on Nov 10, 2015
    Ep 6
    pfft.. poor Jean when he thought his popular to girls it became a titan xD

19. Quizap

Quizap Active Member

Posted by Quizap on Nov 11, 2015
    She's the really tall girl that claims the blonde hair, blue eyed girl as her own in the original series. I can't remember their names but she's very protective over the blonde girl.

20. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Nov 11, 2015
    Ymir

The short blue eyed blonde haired girl is Christa.
    Not to be confused with the less short blond haired grey-ish blue eyed Annie.