Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

S

Shinji103

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

This show gave ame a feeling of Saikano, but with better looking character designs, a cuter main character ( :love: :love: :love: ), and a slower pace. Instead of being thrown into a war, we are giving headway into the story first. I'd say that this could be just as good as Saikano as long as they do it right, despite the fact that this willl only be 6 episodes since it's an OVA.

The first thing I thought when I saw it was an OVA was "CRAP!!! LONG-@$$ EPISODE WAITING TIME!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: " Fortunately it won't be as bad as Akane Maniax. :balloon: Episode 2 comes out on MArch 25th according to the main page, episode 3 on Arpil 29th, 4 on May 27th, 5 on June 24th, and 6 on July 29th.

Looking forward to episode 2! :balloon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm with you on that... This OVA series is shaping up to be great.

The time periods between each OVA release aren't bad at all :smile:

Animeyuki & Lunar released the first episode

Lunar Version 3 -_- :...:

basically what happened is I was dumb and did some settings wrong. I am still relatively new to encoding dvds and I didnt quite grasp aspect ratios correctly (if anyone ever really understands them). So thats why there was a v3. I reencoded it as it should be and learned my lesson. We have also had our fair share of problems with this project. Every thing from random lines dissapearing during encode to (what happened in v1) the signs flat didnt show up and some how we missed them. We caught it about 15 min after release. It would have stayed at v2 if it wasnt for my aspect ratio mess up. We were not happy about having to do a v3 because we know that looks bad, but we would rather have the best version we could do, out because we care about our quality. Thats what basically happened. :drinking:

Lucky said:
Errare humanum est. Not much else to say.

I understood that one =p

Anyways, this character is seriously hot, anyone have wallpapers? :love:

the story looks promising! first ep and its already attracting my attention! less fighting, more story developing =]

the op song is really beautiful too. oh the girl, iriya kana is very pretty!

Wow, the post counts for the people in this topic are messed up :S

Shame it seems no-one ever watched this or is talking about it, it was definitely a nice series.

Two things bothered me though:
Why the hell did he kill Enomoto? He was dripping with coolness and did nothing but help him and point him in the right direction. He only pointed a gun at Asaba because Asaba was basically juggling that machine gun. I'm sure I'd have done the same if an over emotional teenager was about to shoot me.

Kana's ending...? What happened to her then? Just gone, yay. Non-ending >:(

An 7/10. could easily have been an 8 if the ending was better and the characters were developed/explained better. Kana's back-story definitely shouldn't have been the last thing to be heard.

What the hell is going on in episode 3?

a) the animation took an absolute SWAN DIVE into blurry MESS and why is it so dark?

episode 1 vs episode 3 comparatively - same quality, same subgroup, same filesize:

819201.jpg

d64565.jpg

08a776.jpg

40a772.jpg

b) why are kids getting drunk at their school festival?

c) Asaba's sound of music "the hills are alive..." moment at the end (?!)

d) what exactly is this anime about again?

lol, I think the 2nd screen was drastically changed because they wanted to portray that it wasn't current time.

Middle schoolers can party it up like that in some parts of Europe so why not in Japan? xD

Other than that, this is only a 6 episode series. However only like the 1st 2 and last 2 are actually plot related. 3 and 4 could mostly be thrown out and parts of the other 4 could also.

Well, I just watched episode 4 and it was quite awesome. Genuinely, episode 3 threw me a bit, how worthless that was! I don't even get it. If it wasn't current time what was it portraying, I thought only the first few mins of the ep were a flashback?

Sorry I didn't mean the whole episode, the really dark fuzy stuff from the 2nd screen was a flashback the rest was actual time. The entire point is to watch 30 minutes to confirm:
Kana is the pilot of the black manta

Episode 4 was probably my favorite out of all 6 though. Warning: Episode 5 is rough.

This was a disappointment. Too many cliches, especially in the main characters. Ugh. I guess the eating contest alone is worth one point. Episode 4 in general was the highlight, and episode 5 was almost going somewhere, maintained my interest at least. The first two eps were very average, and episode 3 I'd rather have not even watched. The last ep had no elements of a good ending...

3/5, 2.5/5 if it weren't for the eating contest

Sorry this is a shitty summary as I am about to sleep.

This was a disappointment. Too many cliches, especially in the main characters. Ugh. I guess the eating contest alone is worth one point. Episode 4 in general was the highlight, and episode 5 was almost going somewhere, maintained my interest at least. The first two eps were very average, and episode 3 I'd rather have not even watched. The last ep had no elements of a good ending...

3/5, 2.5/5 if it weren't for the eating contest

Sorry this is a shitty summary as I am about to sleep.

lol, actually you got it pretty spot on. The eating contest saved the day, Episode 4 made it seem like it was going somewhere. Episode 5 even more... and then it didn't really go anywhere. Whether showing a big focus on the past when Iriya had more comrades alive or big focus on her fighting in the black manta... but nope.

Back