Servamp

Episode 1

I can't say I can be the best judge since I am watching Endride, one of the worst anime ever made beside this but that wasn't as fujoshi bait as I feared. The first episode while it was practically only men was quite okay but very shounen-trope following ( other than having no female love interest anywhere around. ) A simple plot set up in a simple way with a main character getting involved in a battle he doesn't want to and pokemon like vampires who become stronger when bound to humans. It was very silly but not the worst.

watching this cos its my mission to watch every vampire anime ever made

Episodes 1 & 2
I started this on a whim and because Chuck Huber is the voice behind the one main character, but it surprised me. While it's incredibly silly and tries to be darker than what it really is, there's enough going on to keep it entertaining. The music is good, the characters are cheesy with plenty of flair, and thankfully, the main character isn't a drag. He came off as the generic, clueless teenage guy suddenly thrown into the world of the supernatural, but he's able to hold his own and doesn't take shit from anyone, so he gets a few points from me. He might not be anything great, but he's not annoying and that's good enough for me.

I strongly dislike the whole "dangerous vampire turning into a cutesy chibi animal" thing that's going on, though that's basically the only major issue I have with the show so far. That, and these things are barely even vampires. They suck blood and that's about it. It doesn't matter to me much, but like I said, it's silly. I'm watching the English dub and it's pretty damn good. Chuck Huber is in it and that's always a plus, but the rest of the cast is spectacular. Some of the name pronunciations are off and inconsistent, but it's only here and there.

Not sure how the rest of the show will go, but for now I'm okay with it. It isn't serious in the slightest, but it occasionally thinks it is, and I'm worried that later on it might truly try to go down that route even farther. At the same time, it can take a joke. I like the MC's reaction to the kid who suddenly showed up sitting in his own chair. It might not be too bad, but again... vampires turning into cutesy chibi things. It doesn't mesh well. That, and the antagonist is crazy for the sake of being crazy. It's not going to work.

I've not enjoyed this one in the slightest. but i'm no fan of vampire stuff to begin with even if they turn into cute cats.

Episode 3
What.

I changed my mind. One episode, and this became dumb. Immensely dumb.
I figured Sakuya had something going on with him, but it definitely wasn't this. I don't understand a single thing he said. Is there something more behind his actions? I'm assuming so, because of the ghosty girl who popped up for a second, but I'm not even sure if that will save all the poorly executed angst that just happened. I hope it will be explained and make some sense, because right now it only sounds dumb as hell. And a broom? Of all things? He looks like a stereotypical witch with Kuro by his side, and I'm honestly not sure if that was the intention or not. The fact that he's a seriously making someone bleed by hitting them in the face with a broom blows me away. All of this, taken in a serious manner. I don't understand.

I like Misono, though. He's cute. The friendship talk was hard to listen to, but because he's a massive dork I'll allow him to get away with it. :laugh:

Last edited:
Episode 12 [final]

Well, that was a convenient ending. This anime totally happened people.
I'm sure I'll remember it next week and the week after maybe, very memorable for two weeks at best.

I'm pretty sure this was a thing.

1.5/5 ( Extremely forgettable )

The English dubbed episodes air later, so it looks like I won't be finishing this until October 4th. I'll just wait until then and finish the remaining episodes in one go since I'm on episode 8.

I'm honestly not sure what I think about this show. It's dumb and completely silly, but somehow I'm enjoying it. I guess it's an entertaining type of dumb.

Episode 9:
I'm not sure what I just watched, but I feel like a show about an angsty vampire that can turn into a chibi cat so they can sit on their teenage owner's shoulder shouldn't be filling up the screen with quotes from Shakespeare, all while dramatic, classical music plays in the background. It's so wrong, it's hilarious.

I hate that I enjoy this show.

Episode 10:
Now we're adding Mozart into the mix. Why not.
I don't appreciate all the sudden backstory behind thrown in my face, but I guess they had to fit it in somewhere. Could definitely tone down the dramatics, though. They're desperately trying for something like a "gothic theater" vibe, but it's more so coming off as an emo 16-year-old's attempt at being "deep" in the poetry they wrote at eleven o'clock at night on a school night.

Episode 11:
lol Jekyll and Hyde... I actually liked that. Licht and Lawless are the two most ridiculous characters in the show to me, but I've grown to like them because of it. It might be the English dub, though; their banter is amusing and the fact that both of their personalities are borderline crazy makes it even better. I like Licht's abilities a lot, too. It's silly, but fun and unique. It's not every day you see someone killing vampires with a piano and a pair of boots.

Though I do like the English dub, I wish they would pronounce Tsubaki correctly. Or at least make an effort not to say it differently each time.

Last edited:
Episode 12:
wat.
A hug? A HUG? ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENS, AND THIS ASSHOLE QUITS DESTROYING THE WORLD BECAUSE OF A HUG? Wtf. WTF.

I'm somehow not surprised, but I'm honestly a little pissed. So much happened in these last few episodes and we just end it with a hug and act like everything is suddenly okay? What in the hell happened to Hugh? Why is Hyde not dead and what exactly happened to him? Did Tsubaki do all of this because he had daddy issues? Sakuya got his ass stabbed and Mahiru doesn't even give a damn. And everything goes back to normal, apparently.

This anime was stupid and I hate that I liked it.

Episode 12:
wat.
A hug? A HUG? ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENS, AND THIS ASSHOLE QUITS DESTROYING THE WORLD BECAUSE OF A HUG? Wtf. WTF.

I'm somehow not surprised, but I'm honestly a little pissed. So much happened in these last few episodes and we just end it with a hug and act like everything is suddenly okay? What in the hell happened to Hugh? Why is Hyde not dead and what exactly happened to him? Did Tsubaki do all of this because he had daddy issues? Sakuya got his ass stabbed and Mahiru doesn't even give a damn. And everything goes back to normal, apparently.

This anime was stupid and I hate that I liked it.

The ending of this anime made me drop it down to a 1.5/5 before that it was a meagre 2.5./5 despite my enjoyment due to it's flaws but that ending was just so generically implausible that I just couldn't.

In spite of cat-bois? I couldn't tolerate all the terrible issues with the show.
Its characters are horrible and ugly, unlikeable to the extreme. Everything about it was bad. The plot is 'empty' the art is average, the battles are silly yet offensive too. I somehow watched until the end, hoping for some redemption? Nope, none, it's just bad.

Here for a EDS and ABC Groupwatch.

I tend to be fond of vampire anime when they are not overly sexualized and this one was pretty good. I enjoyed how each of the Eves had their own relationship with their servamp and how they were not all cardboard cut outs. I will probably end up watching the specials and movies because I found this interesting enough to warrant adding a few more entries to my almost 1500 series want to watch list.

Servamp is a mixture of vampires that each symbolize a different sin - sloth (laziness), greed, gluttony, pride, envy, lust, wrath (anger). These vampires each have an animal form such as Sleepy Ash's cat / lion forms. <- Will include this in my review

Overall, my favorite character in Servamp is probably Mahiru because I like his innocent and trusting nature.

This post is for the Anime Bingo Challenge Group Watch.
Also, I noticed that one of the Servamps named World's End still doesn't have a character entry. So I will need to add it later.
I've always liked the ending song for Servamp because it sounds very cheerful and upbeat especially during a stressful day.

Here for an EDS and ABC groupwatch!

I really enjoyed watching Servamp - until the last episode. I feel like the conflict, at that stage, should have needed more than a hug to dissolve it. I'm unsure if this situation is continued in the other entries in the series and I do still want to give them watches to be sure. I just think it was a bit too quick a resolution. Especially since it came from a human and not the villain's family that he desperately wanted acceptance from. Otherwise, this is probably one of my favorite vampire anime. The characters all had fun designs or motivations (Lawless especially - loved that arc!) and it was nice to see them all work in their pairs. Everything was great up until those last 5 minutes. Heck, I'm a Disney kid, I'm all for clichés but I just wanted a bit more than that from the show I think.

Back