The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls

The Idolm@ster returns.

Bradalee beat me to making the topic because I suck.

Looking forward to it.

Whilst i look forward to it... i wont deny im not confident this will be as good, honestly i don't have high expectations for it... but i will be watching, and if im wrong (lets hope i am) it will mean only that i enjoy it more so.

Whilst i look forward to it... i wont deny im not confident this will be as good, honestly i don't have high expectations for it... but i will be watching, and if im wrong (lets hope i am) it will mean only that i enjoy it more so.

It has a girl that pretends to be a cat, if anything Bradalee will enjoy it secretly while all he does is deny his feelings on the forum, the damn tsundere.

I wonder what he will say about the girl that pretends to be an alien? Probably the same....

well of course the real reason we all want to see this is for Bradalee's tsundere responses (i agree, he clearly loves them in real life but has to deny them on the forum for his public image, he can't let people know of his monitor hugging sessions).

Wait... so the alien pretending girl was for real? i thought i was being trolled.... ...
(This series got more 'appealing(?)'.. probably)

Wait... so the alien pretending girl was for real? i thought i was being trolled.... ...
(This series got more 'appealing(?)'.. probably)

The Alien girl, named Abe Nana will only appear as a side-character as she isn't among the main-characters that are advertised:

2gvlve1.jpg

From the (official) wiki:

Main Characters
The following characters have been confirmed as the primary cast of the anime. The anime will feature heavily around these 14 girls.

Cute Idols
Cool Idols
Passion Idols

Side Characters
The following idols are seen to show up in the anime, albeit in a limited capacity.

Cute Idols
Cool Idols
( none currently )​
Passion Idols

Last edited:
Episode 1

Unlike The Idolm@ster this anime seems to take the new ordinary approach of first letting us see them recruiting the members one by one. The episode itself wasn't bad and actually held my interest despite the plot being generic. Part of the reason is that the producer is a quite unique interesting person himself. In the end the anime felt like it did nothing special but all of it was well executed enough and interesting enough to actually grab my attention and keep me interested. We will see how it goes from here. Honestly I'm most intrerested in Ranko and the Miku because they are really quirky compared to these more normal Girls, Albeit Rin's personality wasn't stale either.

So we now have:
1 cute idol ( Uzuki Shimamura )
1 cool idol ( Rin Shibuya )
1 passion idol ( Mio Honda )

If I look at the list I posted earlier they are all at the bottom of their pool....

Random guess:

Next episode:
1 cute idol: Miku Maekawa ( i.e. Neko-fan )
1 cool idol: Minami Nitta, ( The lady ace )
1 passion idol: Miria Akagi ( 11 year old )

Last edited:
^well i would hope/imagine first episode was more enjoyable than IDOLM@STER's was as honestly ep 1 for that rather had me worried what i was in for.
Well i full comment later, will watch this tomorrow night as i didn't realise it came out today and yeah i prefer to avoid watching stuff at gone 1am xD

Episode 01
i liked it, it was simple enough but oddly enjoyable, the producer is a great character, he kind of makes me hope he will have good screen time xD
I prefer the whole "recruiting" thing over last time "interview/introduction" thing as a whole. In all i think it was a good start, especially for a sceptical me :)

Episode 2

Compared to the first episode this was a bit too little too much. Most of the episode is inconsequential and doesn't do a really good job of introducing more of Mio's personality. The other idols are thrown in there with their names popping on the screen without much thrill toward the end of the episode. When we hear the first three get their first performance so soon after it just feels rather out there though I'm certain their first performance will not be up to par with their expectations of themselves it just feels a little too convenient in terms of progress as it lifts the feeling of struggle of getting into idolhood that was the focus of the prior episode. The fact that the rest of the idols were introduced so quickly without exploring them properly feels poor as well as the focus surely won't be on them the next episode leaving them as background pieces for now despite the anticipation of their appearance by their fans.

In the end this episode was rather needlessly disappointing spending more time on random things than the idols themselves. It showed of a bunch of supporting characters who also have a nice fanbase outside of the selected main characters but it felt rather forced.

ep 2
it doesn't surely expect to remember them all right?
seriously it just introduced everyone in the time frame of about 60 seconds, now i don't even remember any of them aside the the two from last episode and Mio, though it could surely spent some more time on her right?
i felt it was moving us too quickly along trying to throw everyone at us, now I'm sitting here not knowing no one...
Well i remember a kind of small blonde type girl who reminded me of Miki... not her name, just she reminds me of Miki :3
seriously though too much to quick, im confused x__x i think we should return to the 'Lessons' again now! (to give me some time to comprehend a list of names bigger than i need it to be in such a short period of time)

Also im having troubles, i think i heard a Rin in there... but someone else likes to Nya, I'm going to unconsciously keep calling madam Nya by Rin because Love Live. Also, a Rin and im sure there was a Riina as well (unless this was the same person and i misheard), this is confusing

Episode 3

Well the episode was surprising in some ways and felt rather genuine and thankfully most of the episode was actually about idols doing idol things instead of whatever episode 2 was doing with it's airing time.

At least Miku's name is carved into our brain, didn't know she was this competitive, then again this sort of mirror another animal quirky idol, beloved Ganaha Hibiki but more-so her in game than in the prior anime, I think in anime terms miku is more like miki as she was toward the end of the idolmasters anime, which is amusing since their names only differ one noun.

Was Miku funny, however? No, she wasn't, but at least she was memorable this time around. ( Kirara of course being gigantic is hard to overlook despite her limited screentime )

Still waiting for more of the new idols to take the foreground, having each of them get 2 lines every episode is going to be weird.

Episode 3

Still waiting for more of the new idols to take the foreground, having each of them get 2 lines every episode is going to be weird.

i have no issues with this whilst i try to learn names xD
Bring them into the foreground slowly so i can learn who is who. The original was a little easier as they all had distinctive traits and aside ami/mami non really resembled one another, this one i have troubles learning the current 3 >.<
Anyway i guess i learned Miku, i liked the performance, a little on the short side (one series which i don't mind spending a good 5mins on a song should it be so long) but still good, i was kind of cheering them in my head not to mess the entrance up, i knew it wouldn't and if it did i would probably laughed but i guess it's the natural thing to want to cheer them on.

I thought it was good anyway, idols doing idol related things is enjoyable and seeing the nervousness and uneasiness when the time comes to go on stage and how it really sinks in, it's one thing to be hyped and all before but when the day arrives it would be nerve racking and i think they did a good job showing that (over confidence i usually find to be unrealistic and rather too far).

Episode 4

This episode felt like a more filler like one with most characters receiving some extra characterization out of it. The episode was fairly tame with no revolutionary idea's implemented much. It was pretty much just a showcase of the characters so that they had proper introductions unlike how they were introduced in episode 2.

The ending however lands a bombshell that main heroine + anastatia and Minami ... and a few others I cannot remember who it all was get a performance or something. I cannot really say much about what they are going to do because it's not been said yet.

Miku however seems to be in a spot to be this seasons ''girl who woe's'' or ''unfortunate rival'' perhaps they will make give her an arc in which she's depressed about not being chosen over and over, or perhaps not, time will tell. She certainly seems to be the most driven to get out there. Though, Rock girl certainly doesn't lack in will to be an Idol Miku seems to throw a lot of energy at it.

I have to say, I do like Ranko with her ridiculousness. Anyu is pretty much one note, but a cute one-note character.

Anastatia has a interesting design but Minami, lacrosse girl doesn't really stand out for me, at all. Shieri, the girl with Kanako seems to be a Yukiko/Yukiho clone with her nervousness... albeit a bit less ''i'm going to burry myself!''

Kirara was ridiculous, her whole character is ridiculous. She's not my thing but she certainly stands out from the crowd. Ranko is ridiculous too, but she's a type of character that was popularized in a certain Kyoani anime so we are used to her type.

Kanako... well... food, eh.

Also, I finally noted that they do actually have the ability to make idols have different heights, Miku, Rika and a few other characters actually stopped being equal height with the main characters most of the episode considering they are shorter than Ganaha Hibiki according the the Idolmaster Wikia this will appease the fans.

( of course Anyu probably should be considered the cutest for now? ... I dunno, sleepy/unmotivated moe, heh. )

^Is it a problem i have no idea who is who there? seriously this series isn't making me remember anyone, the only troubles i had in the original was which was which out of Ami Mami but that was easy learned and minor.

Anyway, the episode was slightly down for me, as you say, it was a filler but i found myself tiring, could be because i watched it after work when i was tired but i didn't really get into it, i watched it and never felt entertained... didn't feel bored don't get me wrong but yeah no so interesting.
I feel they skipped helping us learn who is who and just throw random 2 minute segments at us hoping we can follow them. This is leading me to wish i had played the game just to learn names.
Anyway sounds like we getting somewhere with that ending,
realising a album? can't remember now, something like...

Episode 5

Called it, Miku's the most obsessed with becoming an idol and went up and tried hard till she cried.

This episode we got more of the characters, slowly we are getting to know them little by little mostly through repeated quirks. Today we were introduced by Ranko's actual shyness, Miku's obsessiveness and passion is further explored as well as her insecurity.

Kirari and Anzu do their usual stuff that they do.
Kanako is eating once again.
...Blone twintails ( looks up name: Rika ) is ... eh.
Chieri is being modest and insecure...
The kid... ( Miria ) is again being a positive kid.
Rock girl... ( Riina ) is being Rock girl again... rock

So, yes, this episode was Miku focussed, definitely, she got the most character exploration as the most competitive of the bunch it was only acceptable and logical.

Names remembered: Mio, Rin, Kanako, Miku, Kirari, Anzu, Anastasia, Minami
Names forgotten: Uzuki
Names to learn: Riina, Miria, Chieri, Rika

i found this episode a little meh, it was essentially them having a tantrum because they wasn't chosen as 'wave 1', which okay i grant to them they wasn't aware of but still, S1 we had ryuuguu komachi and people didn't cry over that.

All im saying is they are supposed to work for their position, not 'strike' it out because some stupid unhappy feeling.

I'm not saying the episode was bad but i didn't really take to it because the attitude just didn't work for me.

i found this episode a little meh, it was essentially them having a tantrum because they wasn't chosen as 'wave 1', which okay i grant to them they wasn't aware of but still, S1 we had ryuuguu komachi and people didn't cry over that.

All im saying is they are supposed to work for their position, not 'strike' it out because some stupid unhappy feeling.

I'm not saying the episode was bad but i didn't really take to it because the attitude just didn't work for me.

I think they were trying to go in a different direction that was realistic considering the differences in circumstances between the original idols and this new group. The fact that they are less informed and part of a massive company that spends less personal time with them and a producer that has less of a direct line of contact with his superiors all give the idols more uncertainty and less direct emotional support much like how in real life larger companies tend to be less involved with their workers up to extremes. Basically, it might not appeal to you but I am somewhat thankful that they didn't go out of their way to make it exactly the same situation as in the original Idolmaster which considering the different setting would seem more natural.

Another point is that Miku is still quite young ( 15 iirc ) and while a lot of of idols were younger than that in the prior anime it's not as if they weren't acting bothered by other idols getting their chance before them. They didn't cry about it but in fact, the first anime it was mostly received with mild-anger, I believe by a certain Iori and with jealousy from Miki and a few others. A lot of idols back then asked urgently when they would debute and the producer could show them that he was working hard on it. However the idols in the prior anime were reflecting upon it themselves and self-doubting at this point as well, albeit without crying and making it less central to the plot.

Miku might be taking it a little more emotional than idols in the prior anime as going as far as starting to cry but honestly there might be some reasons why she might be insecure or perhaps she's just a crybaby, nevertheless it's not unheard of. Yuhiko was a crybaby in the original series, Miku might just be a mix of her and Hibiki in terms of personality.

Overall, it's not like this is an unnatural response when someone young of mind and somewhat insecure remains in the dark about their future while having worked hard to an undetermined but supposedly long amount of time.

In terms of the former Idolmaster you could see this as sort of a condensed Final-Miki arc. But if we dive deeper into Miku's issues it might actually end up leading to a Chihaya arc, we will see.

I see it as mostly an episode of girls not knowing what to do and doing whatever they can to get to do something . While it lead up to that ending that ending was realistic even if it wasn't much fun. The episodes comedy wasn't good at all but honestly the concept behind the episode wasn't bad and I thought the ending was quite touching and realistic. While not unheard of in idolmaster (miki arc) it certainly wasn't a rehash and while not a great episode I thought it wasn't that bad. Episode 2 was far worse than this in my eyes since it wasted time doing nothing instead of characterizing characters and moving the plot.

Last edited:
Back