Baby Steps

This may be irrational, but i already kind of hate this show simply because of the MC's stupid haircut. I mean just look at the pictures below...

rQ74qRG.jpg

C1dhZER.jpg

mcCrzwU.jpg

Just look at it! Hair doesn't work that way. He looks like such a fool with that weird spikey mohawk thing he has going on.

Is this what it feels like to be RR? I need a cold shower...

I've seen worse MC haircuts.

That is indeed one mighty stupid hairstyle. And is it just me, or is that other guy on the cover just Kagami from Kuroko, but with a different hairstyle?

As for the anime, eeeeeeh, I might pick it up if I hear good things about it, but I think the Ping Pong anime will satisfy all of my racket-related anime needs for this season.

I'm optimistic about this series. The manga has a pretty decent rating it would seem, and I've heard a lot of good about this series.
I'm a bit put off by the designs as well, but so is the case for when I first saw the Yowamushi Pedal art.
Boy was I wrong about that one!
:smile:

This series is apparently going to have some more romcom elements to it, though.
Just so no one is caught unaware.

This one is infinitely low on my priority list. I'll have you guys be the guinea pigs as usual, then decide.

Still need to get to Yowamushi one of these days too... That thing sounds awesome.

This one goes into the wait and see pile for me. I've already got the Volleyball anime and Ping Ping to look forward to, plus another full cour of Yowamushi Pedal so my sports anime dance card is already pretty full. At best taking the wait and see approach will just yield another awesome surprise like Yowamushi and at worst I'll just be passing on something mediocre/bad.

Still need to get to Yowamushi one of these days too... That thing sounds awesome.

One of the best things to come out of 2013, and it still has over a whole cour left to go, so if you start it now you'll be getting to see everything right up to the juicy bits that have started recently.
Gonna have to go prepare the new episode, by the way...

I think what is so hideous at first sight is the horrendous art style. I saw some pictures of the manga and it wasn't anything special, but Pierrot took it and made it so genericly and hideously forgettable that I can't be close to that.

It's incredible how Pierrot can take everything and washing it with pure genericity to the point nothing about their shows looks at least attractive. Even other anime released this season (Soderemo blah blah) didn't look that bad but Pierrot's style just desmotivated me, even if the original source has no fault, but... I just hate that generic style that Pierrot throws to its shows.

Yeah,this looks pretty plain to me.Not sure what to expect so I am pretty neutral with this one.The synopsis sounds simple but I'll still give this a shot.

Episode 1
Well, that wasn't bad.
The guy, who doesn't start out being into sports, decided on his own to seek out a sport to play. That's kind of unusual, particularly for this character archetype, but I like it.
The ending of the episode was kind of... not sure how to put it. It just doesn't seem like the sort of place you'd end it. Kinda awkward.
And yeah, that one guy does look like Kagami from KnB. Then again, the Baby Steps manga is older, so it would technically be the other way around.
Nothing to squeal in joy for, but it could get interesting once we get to the actual tennis stuff.
I hope it does turn out well, as having three good sports series for the coming cour would be neat.

ep 1

Well it wasnt bad, The MC is cool guy ,nothing there yet to hate him and ususally these types are forced to take sports, but he took one itself so thats better.

Female lead is fun character aswell.

Looking forward to nextt ep

and lookie lookie
The MC guy is perfect match of Sadaharu INUI from Prince of tennis ,overly attached to notes xD
Also BB, which one is 3rd?
Haikyuu,Baby steps and?

Yowamushi Pedal. One of the definite best shows to come out of 2013, and it is 38 episodes so it still has over a whole cour left.

Episode 1:

Haven't seen character designs this ugly since Kaiji. And they charmed the pants off me. Hurrah! What a perfect accompaniment to the pretty Production IG boys of Haikyu.

It's looking like it'll be a mixed bag show. The OP is awesome, but the comedy is mediocre. That mohawk fringe is disgusting, but the tennis action could be stunning. We'll see.

Episode 1

Actually enjoyed it, aside from the fastforward at the start to what's about... a few dozen chapters into the manga, give or take a dozen or two as I have no clue- it's really faithful to it. And forewarning, there's a 85% chance of it being slow-paced as people who lack stamina need training.

Probably helps that I read the manga a bit beforehand and that mohawk vibe he has going is pretty odd. That kind o' cowlick wouldn't settle down with mere gel.

And them tennis sounds, that was authentic.

This may be irrational, but i already kind of hate this show simply because of the MC's stupid haircut. I mean just look at the pictures below...

rQ74qRG.jpg

C1dhZER.jpg

mcCrzwU.jpg

Just look at it! Hair doesn't work that way. He looks like such a fool with that weird spikey mohawk thing he has going on.

Is this what it feels like to be RR? I need a cold shower...

You're worse.

And you will never wash away the sin.

Back