La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Funari

[sadht](La Storia Della) Arcana Famiglia[/sadht][sadhl=Arcana Famiglia]la-storia-della-arcana-famiglia[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Trailer
Another PV, albeit a short one (thanks, fumze)

Wanted to make a topic for at least one of these... so, it's starting today. I think there's potential for quite decent drama here, but the previews make it seem like there'll be some comedic parts added in, too. That's also fine to a certain degree since it does help with creating a more "family" - like atmosphere, but I'm hoping they'll keep things mostly serious. And that Felicita won't be a shitty tsun. She doesn't seem like one based on previews, but since this is J.C.Staff, I'm still somewhat worried.

Anyone else watching this?

Re: Arcana Famiglia

It's a shoujo... And seeing that the cast consists of a bunch of guys and a girl, it's also reverse harem-esque and with BL potential. Of course I'm watching it. In fact, I'm sure it will be my favorite of the season.

I like the girl too, she's not a typical weakling. Aaand instant crush on Jolly.
Pretty interesting concept too, this ought to be a dynamic show.

First episode was pretty meh to me. The comedy seems pretty juvenile (slapstick, woo), the fighting lacked tension because there was no danger of anyone getting hurt (not even the bad guys), but the characters seem pretty interesting. I think I'll like it if it focuses on the characters more than the fighting, but it's too early to say which way it'll go.

I think I'll like it if it focuses on the characters more than the fighting, but it's too early to say which way it'll go.

Since it's an otome game adaptation, I'm guessing it will focus on the characters (and potentional romances) more.

I'm getting a bit frustrated at this and other anime, too much use of the same seiyu that while not bad can get very old. Heck even one seiyu in particular that should be getting more roles is inactive, wtf?

I like the girl too, she's not a typical weakling. Aaand instant crush on Jolly.

Wouldn't say that just yet, she can kick the guys (or at least the two comedic ones) around all right, but seeing as chances are overwhelmingly in favor of them losing a whole lot more than just their heads if they as much as touched her, it's not exactly a testament to her strength. Until the tournament kicks around, wouldn't say much of anything just yet.

And my thoughts upon seeing Jolly were just "hoooo, boy, we've found the resident creep". Goes to show you how opinions can differ, eh...

First episode was pretty meh to me. The comedy seems pretty juvenile (slapstick, woo), the fighting lacked tension because there was no danger of anyone getting hurt (not even the bad guys), but the characters seem pretty interesting. I think I'll like it if it focuses on the characters more than the fighting, but it's too early to say which way it'll go.

This is odd, I'm agreeing with Reat... slapstick's not really something I like and while I don't really mind deathless fighting, was expecting this series to be a bit darker. Can live with this, but it'll take a bit of adjusting. However, they managed to characterize everyone in the first episode quite well, as long as this isn't all there is to them this series should be quite strong on the character front.

Also, Tarot cards. Instant liking. I thought the "Arcana" was just an italization of "arcane", but nope. Hopefully they'll give some kind of explanation as to what kind of powers these are and where they're from, though.

I just watched the first ep and it's looking good for now. The arcana powers are quite interesting. Makes me wonder how on earth is Felicita going to use her powers in a battle.
And I'm guessing Liberta's arcana (the fool) is the ability to negate the effect of other arcana powers. That would turn him into a Kamijou Touma (from Index) with a curved sword :P
Since this is a reverse harem, the "first girls wins" rule does not apply. Instead, we have the "first boy wins" because I'm sure she is gonna end up with Liberta (the blonde guy) or, in the worst case scenario, with Nova (blue haired arrogant bastard).
Quoting Katsuragi Keima from "The World God Only Knows": "I can see the ending"

This seems good so far. I'm liking the characters at least, so lots of different interactions should make for some good entertainment.

Yay I hope Pace gets more screentime. Any character with Gintoki's VA is music to my ears.

another site described this as what bleach would be if it was any good...we shall see...

People still read Sankaku? It's usually rehashed information with tons of false added into it.

That girl does not fit with the lovers arcana... Though no one else there would either... The blue haired guy's one of those always serious annoying guys, the blonde one is just an idiot... or fool. Pace and that assistant are ok so far though. Humor's a bit dull and the action wasn't that great either... I'll keep watching cuz that duel thing got me interested

I like the eyepatch guy, and the cueball with the bazooka. Seems like an entertaining show, so I'll watch it. Blue haired guy kinda looks like an older version of Ciel from Black Butler, minus the eyepatch.

Wouldn't say that just yet, she can kick the guys (or at least the two comedic ones) around all right, but seeing as chances are overwhelmingly in favor of them losing a whole lot more than just their heads if they as much as touched her, it's not exactly a testament to her strength. Until the tournament kicks around, wouldn't say much of anything just yet.

And my thoughts upon seeing Jolly were just "hoooo, boy, we've found the resident creep". Goes to show you how opinions can differ, eh...

I didn't mean weak physically. I meant, weak as in useless, like most of the reverse-harem girls. The goody-good type who everyone wants to protect. There is also a chance that she will stray that way too, but I have my fingers crossed that won't happen.
And yes, Jolly is a creep, probably a rapist too. Which is why he's my current favorite.

I tried to like this show but it simply has not much of a hook. Which one of these generic archetypes is going to marry a generic tsundere? BOOORING! The action is also goofy and everybody is a caricature. Not going to follow this.

ROFL I'm liking this series. Somehow I don't buy the voice cast listed, most of them don't sound IN NOTHING to what pages say "Luca = Yuichi Nakamura"?, "Liberta = Jun Fukuyama"? WTF?

Anyway character-wise and voice-match wise I like Debito (tanned guy) I like how he talks, his voice fits him and he's funny.

Dante (Bald guy) is funny too, and his joke reminds me of a "rule" my brother and I created while watching the 24 (american series) "Bald equals bitch", and he seems to follow that rule to a degree.

Well certainly, for being an "otome" game originally, this one has an interesting setting. I'll look forward to it.

Back