Moyashimon

v16

Moyashimon
(a.k.a. Tales of Agriculture)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

So. About a student agronomer who can see bacteria. Got recced at a newsgroup. Since the premise is so insane, I can't figure out - is it funny or just retarded?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Moyashimon. Retarded or funny?

Someone just recommended that to me I will def. have my eye on this thread to get some consensus on it...

It is the kind of show which can be retarded and funny , but for the moment its mostly retarded ...

Funny! It's brilliant. That bit with the seal made me laugh out loud so hard. It's just the weirdest premise ever. It can it easily becoming retarded, but on the other hand, it could be a surprise genius show.

I pray it's the latter, since it's one of only two I'll be following this season.

Last edited:

Those microbes are so adorable! They remind me of that PSP game, where you move these yellow blobs around a course by tilting the console. Hee hee! I wonder if there'll be evil microbes.

PS. Episode 3 and 4 made me chuckle more than stare blankly, which is a good sign.

Last edited:

So. About a student agronomer who can see bacteria. Got recced at a newsgroup. Since the premise is so insane, I can't figure out - is it funny or just retarded?

That little description makes me think of Mushishi (a great show). Don't think it's like it though . . .

Having only seen the first episode, it could go either way, I think. It's certainly different though, and it'll probably pick up fans because of that.

Well if someone finishes the show, please tell me how it was, because i was going to watch it.

To me, the whole premise was interesting but kinda fell out. The humor was scarce and didn't really do it for me.

It is suppose to be ongoing and has not finished although I am not sure if it is still ongoing as I don't know when WIKI last was updated.

Ive only seen the first episode so far, but it wasnt bad. The whole sucking bird anus thing was funny and the microbes make me laugh. Ecspecially when they showed the Japanese ones and they were bowing to each other. It made me chuckle.

I thought it was a really nice and charming show. Didn't really have an ending which annoyed me.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with the above that it had some good original ideas, and it even made me laugh out loud on several occasions. For my full opinion, you can always read the site review.

The friends of mine who have completed the show said the last couple eps are the funniest. I'm enjoying it in small sips because I'm not always in the mood for just that kind of funny.

Oh, and in answer to the title question: Yes. It is both retarded and funny. Who told you there was a mutual exclusion?

I thought it was funny, well it appealed to me. And all the little microbes were just so cute! It's best not to go into this sort of anime expecting huge things, just take it as it is - a bit of silly fun!

I thought it was a really nice and charming show. Didn't really have an ending which annoyed me.

Just finished it. Nice and charming definitely. I thought the ending was fine, everyone had learnt a little about themselves, and there didn't need to be some huge problem or drama.
I thought it was a great kids show, the design and animation was great, everyone's proportions were good and the whole production was very warm. The two-part festival episodes was a bit too out there though. The characters looked good and all had pretty strong and different personalities (didn't like the professors design though). It was a cute, harmless, informative show.

Of course the microbes were fantastic, adorable and funny, wish we saw more of them, but they definitely kept them from becoming boring, or too much of an overwhelming gimmick. I'd love to see a second season eventually (doubt it). The microbe theater ending was cute, too.

A few high points ;)
implications.jpg

yuri.jpg

Not to mention the great drunk-Hasegawa scene.

And of course...

trapmeanytime.jpg

But it occurs, perhaps he was gone for so long because he was getting the unholy snip. :nervous:

And I'm still asking, angrily, what happened to this?
dissapointment.jpg

We'll brew you!
orizee.jpg

I loved the series to death. It ranged from warm and subtle to absolutely hilarious. Of course, I'm a little biased, having spent a few years in a tiny agricultural college in the middle of nowhere studying microbiology. :P

Back