Ginga e Kickoff!!

Reat

Ginga e Kickoff!!

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Four episodes in and there isn't even a thread for this anime? I've really been enjoying it so far, although I'm not surprised it's not very popular. I think if people gave it a chance, they'd realize it's not a soccer anime, but an anime about kids playing soccer, if that makes sense.

Then don't even bother posting that simple.

The reason no one most likely made a forum post about this until now was that it the first 3 episode web ripped were not even subbed. It wasn't untill a few weeks ago when a brand new sub group picked up the show and were releasing slowly to start due to rl problems. So alot of people might not even be watching due to the subs coming out extremely late.

Ep5
This was a fun episode, and they really did a lot of work to establish the coach character. I hope they touch on his issues again in a later episode, considering how important they are to his character. Having Shou be the team captain was predictable, but it and the whole galaxy thing were pretty cute. This must be the only sports anime I've seen where the main character isn't the ace, but is team heart instead. The three twins are less bratty, or maybe I'm just warming up to their egos. I'm really digging the fact that this anime can keep me entertained even when there's no game going on.

I'm the only one heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well, maybe not. Still, episode 6 and 7 was good.
Reika (the fat chick) joining the team was pretty funny, especially everyone's reactions. She's really giving to her all though, and I could of sworn I've seen a thin girl who looks just like her in the opening. The other dudes who joined the team haven't been developed at all, but it's still early. Or maybe they're going to leave the team soon (again).
One of the one-bit jokes in ep6 took me for surprise. It was a joke about how Shou and Erika are lovebirds or something like that. I wasn't expecting any romance in this kind of anime, and I still don't. I think I'm just surprised the anime recognized it at all.

more people need to be watching this show. i'm not even a huge fan of soccer let alone KIDS. but holy cow everything is just great. the subs are all caught up now and come out every week so there should be no problems there anymore :)

i'm amazed that i'm so moved by the characters. they make you root for them no matter if they are little assholes or not. i dunno how it's possible but i'm completely hooked and every episode just gets better one after the other. i always think they can't top this and SOMEHOW they do.

amazing

kids wise Reika is my favourite. i'm interested to see her loose the weight or if they'll even attempt to bother with it haha. the triplets are next kid wise cause they are just so amusing to watch. love their asshole behaviour very much too for some reason. the coach is by far my favourite overall. he is just pure awesomeness even if a little cliche.

show needs more love!

more people need to be watching this show. i'm not even a huge fan of soccer let alone KIDS. but holy cow everything is just great. the subs are all caught up now and come out every week so there should be no problems there anymore :)

i'm amazed that i'm so moved by the characters. they make you root for them no matter if they are little assholes or not. i dunno how it's possible but i'm completely hooked and every episode just gets better one after the other. i always think they can't top this and SOMEHOW they do.

amazing

kids wise Reika is my favourite. i'm interested to see her loose the weight or if they'll even attempt to bother with it haha. the triplets are next kid wise cause they are just so amusing to watch. love their asshole behaviour very much too for some reason. the coach is by far my favourite overall. he is just pure awesomeness even if a little cliche.

show needs more love!

Agreed. I think it may be the simplistic art or the fact that the kids are in 6th grade instead of 9th so they're not all half-developed and horny. No appeal to the masses, and no panty shots from the chicks (I would cry if that happened).

The last episode (14) really made the coach my favorite character
He just has a lot of depth, dealing with quitting soccer professionally, and how he coached that poor blind kid. I think it's interesting that even after all those experiences what he told the assholiest of asshole triplet was to keep playing how he was playing. I mean I get that he's playing in way that he has fun with, but I just wasn't expecting a family unfriendly Aesop there.

Other than the coach, my favorite is Erika, she's really good at poking fun at Shou. She got a lot of emphasis early on but ever since the triplets and the coach became full time members shes mostly been in the background. I hope she gets another story arc.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Reika
will be losing weight as some point. She's not in the opener but a suspiciously similar thin girl is there instead.

yes i completely agree with everything you said about the coach. i like how he just didn't instantly get over his shit and is still totally struggling with his issues. i hope he keeps on struggling as evil as that sounds LOL

Erika's totally going to come forward once more. i mean we're only 14 eps in so yeah some of the others needed some development. seriously that Reika is just amazing though. totally know she's gonna loose that weight but i'm very interested in HOW they're gonna do it.

I wonder if there's going to be a timeskip at some point? Reika has looked the same since she was introduced, so she can't magically appear thin in an episode.

that would be the simple way to do it. i'm kinda hoping she'll just gradually get thinner each episode. there's only so long you can run around playing soccer and not loose some pounds and she does a lot to stay on that team.

Been a long time since an episode came out...

Episode Sixteen
First episode that ever felt weak. Actually, it felt like filler. Those three dudes just aren't important at all, and we've barely seen them say boo before. Overall pretty meh. Hope the reverse triangle move comes into play at some point.

I wonder if there's going to be a timeskip at some point? Reika has looked the same since she was introduced, so she can't magically appear thin in an episode.

Well it should be after the city tournament, where Aoto and his basketball friend joins the team. (Clearly seen from the op)

Back