Fate/Zero 2

captaincrunch

Fate/Zero 2

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Well, Season 2 started this morning and there's no thread for it, so here's one now.

Subs are out already, but I'm waiting for UTW. Can't wait to pick up where S1 left off. Judging by the trailer, we get two major battles to start things off :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fate/Zero II

Yeah, I hadn't gotten around to making this yet.
It was simulcast a couple of hours ago, but I haven't watched it since I'm trying to keep up with the AB con announcements.

Because of the gap between the seasons and the fact that the first season has already been moved out of currently airing I'd say that Fate/Zero II needs it's own thread.

Also, I am really looking forward to this.

Episode 14

You know, if I had been asked to predict what would happen in this episode
an aerial dogfight between Archer and Berserker would not have been on the list.

Ah that delightful arrogance of Gilgamesh, I missed it.
Those um... airplanes were pretty out of place though.

Loving the new OP and ED songs. Fate soundtracks are always amazing.

I expected a bit more in the first episode, but at least that means we'll get a lot of action next week. Can't wait for it!

Ep 14:

Flying servants!!!

Berserker and his brand new "bersaircraft".

VERSUS

Gil's "golden throne of flying arrogance".

Also, based on Kiritsugu's words I'm guessing lancer is gonna have to kill himself so he can release saber from the curse of his spear allowing her to use her anti-castle noble phantasm to destroy the tentacle grape monster before it "absorbs mana" from the citizens.

And for those who loved the new opening, here is the full version: Fate/Zero 2 - To The Beginning Full [HD] - YouTube

Episode 14.
Picking up where we left off. I thought there was plenty enough action to get started. Sayonara Ryuunosuke and bye bye Caster next episode I'd say, I enjoyed their insanity. Once Caster's out of the picture though things will really get moving for the Holy Grail war.
Also, based on Kiritsugu's words I'm guessing lancer is gonna have to kill himself so he can release saber from the curse of his spear allowing her to use her anti-castle noble phantasm to destroy the tentacle grape monster before it "absorbs mana" from the citizens.

And for those who loved the new opening, here is the full version: Fate/Zero 2 - To The Beginning Full [HD] - YouTube
Is Lancer killing himself the only way to release Saber from the curse?

This episode was just wtfpwnsome. The aerial fight between Archer and Berserker is hands down one of the best in this series and bound to be epic next episode.

Berserker is just so amazing here, he's much more versatile than the version in F/S Night. Because he can make anything his weapon, he can counter the strongest of servants.

It'll be interesting to see what Saber and Lancer drum up next episode.

Episode 14

You know, if I had been asked to predict what would happen in this episode
an aerial dogfight between Archer and Berserker would not have been on the list.

Lol
The ground is overrated. The next generation of Holy Grail battles is in the skies!

And
Caster's Master has already died first episode. Let the massacre begin!

Well that was a hell of an episode. Berserker is freaking awesome, it's too bad it doesn't look like his master will be around for very long. Archer's flying throne is a bit much though.

I'm pretty sure we are going to see Rider/Saber/Lancer teaming up against Archer for most of the rest of the anime (supposing Caster is taken out here).

It also seems like they are spoiling that something is going to happen to Irisviel in the OP/ED.

Berserker is just so amazing here, he's much more versatile than the version in F/S Night. Because he can make anything his weapon, he can counter the strongest of servants.

Well in F/SN he could be controlled. That's not the case here.
Kariya can't force him or tell him to do anything - and Berserker is slowly draining all of his mana/life-force in the process. What I'd like to know is how long Berserker would be able to last w/out a master. Some of the servants can last for days or weeks w/out a master.

Is Lancer killing himself the only way to release Saber from the curse?

Another way to do it would be to have another servant kill him. Also, and this is just a guess, they could just break the spear that placed the curse on saber's arm.

It also seems like they are spoiling that something is going to happen to Irisviel in the OP/ED.

I don't know the details but I'm sure she is going to die. The Einzbern family creates artificial beings (homunculus) to make them the vessels for the holy grail. If she doesn't get killed in battle (which is quite hard since she has excalibur's scabbard inside her body), then she is going to die when the holy grail materializes.

I don't know the details but I'm sure she is going to die. The Einzbern family creates artificial beings (homunculus) to make them the vessels for the holy grail. If she doesn't get killed in battle (which is quite hard since she has excalibur's scabbard inside her body), then she is going to die when the holy grail materializes.

(Fate/Stay Night spoilers)
Or, she actually becomes the Holy Grail, like her daughter in Fate/Stay Night

Edit: wait, is that what you meant by "Vessel"?

Last edited:
Back