Idol Master Xenoglossia

Roxas

Idol Master Xenoglossia

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia is one of this season's two Sunrise works, as you can probably tell pretty quickly from the character designs (some look straight out of My-HiME). The premise of the story so far is pretty simple. It takes place in a future Earth in which the moon was somehow destroyed, obviously affecting the earth in a large number of ways. Every so often, a piece of debris in orbit around Earth large enough to penetrate the atmosphere breaks orbit and begins descent. That's where the iDOLs come in--they're basically mecha with the apparent sole purpose of popping these incoming meteors.

It seems like a simple enough premise, but there's already clearly more to it than meets the eye, as there have already been several instances of "shady" conversations.

I've already written some comments on the first, second, and third episodes, so I won't repeat them here. If you like sci-fi shows and aren't already overwhelmed by the number of them this season, I'd give this one a look. Its staff apparently heavily overlaps with that of My-HiME, which to me is a sign of potential quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back