Koutetsu Sangokushi

S

Sovietace

Koutetsu Sangokushi

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

only 1 episode is out atm but it looks good other than that i cant really say anymore, to check it out go here

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4968

i would put the anime-planet one up but... they dont seem to this 1 on the site yet so :...:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sothis tends to add shows after several episodes are out because she 1) wants to have accurate descriptions and 2) needs more than 6 clean screen shots from the content of several different episodes.

I watched the first episode of this show and I guess I'll say that it made me nervous. It has potential but the main character presented as Super Wuss.

Is it really necessary for him to hang off "Fan-Guy" (as I shall call him) like some pathetic twit when he has powerful armor? I get that the enemy in question killed his father years ago, but he isn't without skills.

Anyway, I'm going to give the show a shot and see if it doesn't pull off a Blood+ style redemption or at least improvement over time.

ya it could really go either way, but if they do a good job i think it could go to the top of the charts. We can only hope ... :sweat: ( by the way how do u add the spoiler tag i have a comment on what u said but id like to not give anything away)

[.spoiler] [./spoiler] without the dots ^_^

..edit..

[noparse]
spoiler stuff
[/noparse]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks lol

theres only 1 ep so far so if we summed it up it might give some things away.

any1 know if this came from a manga?

i have a fealing he wont stay a wimp, i think there are trying to portray him as a chtr that is like going further into the darkness, so once he goes away from his master i think things could get good. i hope it turns into a drama if it doesnt all is lost.(you never know it could be like loveless and be yaoi that might explain the crying will huging part)

ep 2 is out but i have not watched it yet... we shall see.

I wouldn't care if the main character was interested (romantically) in his master or any such as the show seems to hint. The problem is that the hints could be interpreted in an entirely different manner as merely a sign of dependency. I seriously mind that absolute wussism that leaves a main character constantly asking everyone else what to do instead of making their own choices to the best of their abilities.

Last edited:
ya it was good lol. (but i wish they would get the release dates right T_T) any1 know the real release date for ep 3?

I may have to disagree with all of you. I think this anime is gonna be nonsense. I was so happy when I saw the animation, and I fell into The Trap. I equated animation with story. The main elements were all found lacking. Dialogue was badly-paced and contrived, character designs were a tad overblown, gimmicks such as windy pillars of light were just gaudy and misplaced in scenes, introductory plot was rushed, too many characters introduced at once so we couldn't identify with any of them... absolutely everything just makes it perfect as a kids TV show. I mean, what was with the crappy freeze-frame character introductions? Urgh.

I'm kinda annoyed that this anime has such beautiful characters, such beautiful backgrounds and scenery and yet cannot manage a half-decent fight-scene. Still shots? STILL SHOTS? I mean, sheesh, take us back ten years, why don't you? In a context of Seirei no Moribito, Heroic Age, Darker than Black and Claymore, this anime already comes across as having little else to offer. This is after having seen only one episode so I'll obviously give the second a chance. But overall, disappointing start.

The only thing worth watching was the opening theme.
I personally think it would make this story so much more interesting if the protag and his master were romantically involved.

Last edited:
Having just watched the first 2 episodes I tend to agree with Vivi. I'll likely watch this to episode 6 [maybe], but expectation would be to drop it from my watch list.

Also

I know that a lot of anime use women to do voice-overs for young men, but the heir apparent looks very feminine and the associated voice keep clashing in my head. I find it very hard to think of the young lord as a boy at all.

well i know what u guys are saying but i think it might turn out good but*ONLY* if this turns into a drama.(well if it turns out to be just an action anime then ya ill admit that it *WILL* die as a crappy anime)

ya i thought that the young lord was a girl untill they said he was going to be king lol.(wich kinda scared me at first lol)

Strangely enough I got into a really big discussion with Frost about that issue exactly. I think that BL potential is not increased by drawing girls and calling them boys. However, I will still give the show a few more trial episodes before I make my final decision.

Has anyone stuck with this show? If so, has it been worth watching? I gave up on it at episode 4.

I'm still watching the show (ep 7). It isn't "good" because it is apparently trying to be warrior-BL. It is failing miserably because the main characters are all wussy pathetic twits. I'm only watching it because I have some sort of macabre fascination with weak-willed behavior, and somehow I still have hope that main character might grow a spine and the ability to think at some point. I guess I'm watching for the same reason I watched Blood+. I kept hoping that she would accept reality and move forward. I was pleased with Blood+; so, maybe I will get lucky with this as well.

Koutetsu Sangokushi: IS IT ANY GOOD?

O.k, so a few months ago I started watching this anime called Koutetsu Sangokushi, but I dropped it after watching about a minute into the first episode. I forget why. Maybe because I wasn't ready to commit to it at the time and I just started it on a whim. I just have a few questions:

1) Did you/did you not enjoy KS?
2) Should I pick it up again?
3) Which aspects of the series did you like most?

Thank you very much!

Re: Koutetsu Sangokushi: IS IT ANY GOOD?

After reading the summary it seems promising, but looking at how many people watched it, its hard to tell if its bad, or if it's just not well known.

1 No, I dropped it
2 No
3 Lacks a solid storyline. It looked liked it had potential but lost me after 10mins

After reading the summary it seems promising, but looking at how many people watched it, its hard to tell if its bad, or if it's just not well known.

I don't think that it was the most popular of the anime that came out this spring. It was overshadowed by shows such as Lucky Star.

Erm ... isn't this Yaoi? I don't think that really requires much explanation as to why it got overshadowed by anything =|

Because for some odd reason ANN and Anidb list it as shounen, so I tried the first episode and *poof* within the first 5 seconds it becomes pretty obvious that's not true.

It is Yaoi, right? Because if it's just a little shounen-ai on the side like in Kyou Kara Mao, I'm fine with it, but if it's men jumping each other like the OP suggests ... *shudders*

Back