Kimi to Boku.

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by greyweather, Oct 10, 2011.

1. greyweather

greyweather Member

Kimi to Boku[sadhl=4233]kimi-to-boku[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Episode one impressions: instead of a boring all-girl slice of life, we have a boring all-guy slice of life. Not an improvement IMHO.

2. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Oct 11, 2011
    Re: Kimi to Boku

Episode 2 was less horribly boring but still manages to make me eager enough to drop it on a whim.

and that's coming from someone who generally doesn't hate slice of life anime.

3. Ryukl

Ryukl Member

Posted by Ryukl on Oct 11, 2011

^ same, I'm gonna see if after they introduce the blonde kid if it gets any better, if it doesn't I'm dropping it.

4. Reat

Reat Member

Posted by Reat on Oct 11, 2011

Naw, it's totally drop-worthy. It's like they took 5 minutes worth of jokes and drama, and stretched out over 20 minutes... mostly filled with random cats and flashback to kinder garden that no one cares about. And how episode 2 resolved the bully-girl was eye roll inducing.

5. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Oct 11, 2011

Yep, it's sad that bully-girl was the most likeable character in the show at this point. :|

6. Bakumatsu

Bakumatsu Member

I think it could become good, it's kinda boring to me right now... But it could get better.. I'm wondering who the blond hair'd kid is also.. I'll probably stick with it for the sake of having something else to watch when I can't watch anything else from watching everything else. :D

7. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Oct 12, 2011

cute boys doing cute things

Hnnnnggggggg

also

cats <3

8. kawainu

kawainu Member

I partially agree with u. It looks like they are stretching over 20 minutes something that should be a 5 or 10 minutes episode. As for the kinder garden flashbacks, I think they have a purpose. At some point in the anime, those flashbacks will actually play an important role or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I know most people with disagree with me on this but I love the random cats showing up all the time in this show =^.^=

9. Albernand

Albernand New Member

I like this anime. It's refreshing to watch an all boy anime that isn't BL.

sanane likes this.
  10. greyweather

greyweather Member

Episode 3:
    Here's hoping Chizuru can put some life into this walking corpse.

11. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Oct 24, 2011

Kimi to Boku Episode 4

Less horrible than most episodes, still not worth going through episode 1 for though.
    this anime, can't seem to redeem itself.

12. kawainu

kawainu Member

Ep 5:
    Nice... they introduced 2 new characters and we don't know who they are. They didn't say what kind of relationship they have with the guys (Kaname seems to know them though) and they only mentioned the name of 1 of the new characters.

13. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

^
    They're Kaname's neighbours. One was introduced during the sick episode while the other was just shown in a photo during the same episode.

Ep 5:

First ep that I can that I can say that I enjoyed.

14. Bakumatsu

Bakumatsu Member

Dunno why byut the intro makes me feel like this is a tragedy type anime... lol, just the feel the song gives me.

15. greyweather

greyweather Member

Maybe not a tragedy, but definitely the kind of OP I would associate with a drama rather than a slice-of-life comedy.

16. greyweather

greyweather Member

To me it just felt like it was dragging on forever.
    Plus that old guy running the shooting booth was an ass.

17. BGMaxie

BGMaxie Active Member

Don't like it at all. It is just 4 or 5 guys who just don't care about nothing. Boring and unappealing.....

18. kawainu

kawainu Member

Well it's a slice of life anime. U can't expect much from it.
    You say it's boring and unappealing but if you have been working all day or you have watched too much shounen (or you just finished watching the newest episode of mirai nikki), Kimi to boku is just what you need: calm, quiet, slow, etc.

sanane likes this.
  19. BGMaxie

BGMaxie Active Member

Not really, there are slice of life things that are more comical or more active, this one is WAY too passive buddy. So much that I'd rather sleep, no kidding, warm weather here sucks that sleeping is more enjoyable than some calm, slow thing. When you make a series you need to appeal the audience, make it engaging and attractive, but calm, quite, slow, no thanks.......not what any series should be like, music yes.

20. greyweather

greyweather Member

Episode 6:
    I actually kind of enjoyed this one. I think it might actually have been because Chizuru was mostly absent. I ended up getting tired of him as a character rather quickly.