Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
(a.k.a. Tsukihime, Shingetsutan Tsukihime)
Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations
Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.
just finished the series, and i have a few questions:
1. how did shiki (the "fake" one) get the power to see the lines, if he isnt actually a member of the tohno family? if he got it from the sister's blood, why doesnt she have the ability to see the lines too? i recall the scene where blood drips in his eye, but still dont remember why that massacre happened, who the person was, and/or if it was related.
2. who was the red haired woman who gave him the glasses? where the hell did she come from, what does she have to do with anything, etc
3. did arcuied actually die?
i didnt like the ending.
1. I don't remember why the massacre happened, and the blood was just from a random dead person, I dont think that has anything to do with it. The real son killed the adopted, and the father stabed the real son and locked him in that cell to punish him. It says that the sister gave some of her life to the adopted son, so I asume that means some of her blood, but she didn't drink his, because he is not a turned. But it was just enough to have the effect of giving him death's eye, but it's not the same as what the real son can see.
2. as far as I understood she's just a random sorceress, that's really all the part she has in the story. She appears by chance once to give Shiki his glasses and "set him on the path" so to speak, and then after he's done what he's destined to she appears again to tell him her name
3. I suppose you could read it many different ways, but IMO, yes, she's dead.
The ending was ok, I could have done with the series being a tad longer, but I suppose it's better they end it rather than dragging it out till it's dead and stinking
Okay, my main source is going to be what I know from a few people that played japanese tsukihime h-game. It's plot was very similar to anime, but it had much more story paths, exploring much more of the background stories.
1. Perhaps this ability was a native one to him and got triggered by Shiki posessed by Roa killing him, or Akiha sharing her life force with him? After all he was the only survivor of the demon slayer clan, and they were people with ability to kill demons, much more powerful then they themselves were. Note that what Shiki posessed by Roa and Shiki from the demon slayer clan saw are completely different lines. Game explained that during Shiki's battle with Nero. What Shiki posessed by Roa saw, was the lines that showed "weak points", the parts where victim was weak against physical attack. What Shiki saw was "absolute death", that had nothing to do with physical weak points - and everything to do with metaphysical sence of "death". Every object animate or inanimate has a "death" fated for it, and what he saw were the patterns that lead to the death. The big fat red points in the lines where the parts striking into which led to the "absolute death" giving Shiki the ability to completely destroy anything. HIs strikes and the following death had nothing to do with physical damage. Roa was completely destroyed with Shiki's strike, and he will not reanimate again.
2. Neither anime nor game ever explored her character.
3. When vampire truly dies, his/her body is decomposed into the ash. That is what happened to Aruceid. So yes, she has died. Apparently (I'm not 100% sure) this followed the "true ending" of Aruceid's path in the game. There was also a "good ending" for Aruceid path, but I'm not sure if she survives in it or not.
Note that all above is second hand info - the guys I talked to could have been wrong or simply expressing their views of what happened.
The ending was truly sad, yet it was very fitting imo. I would've loved to see an english version of the game though, to see more of what was behind the characters.
P.S. Akiha is NOT a vampire. She drank Kohaku's blood not to feed on it, like vampires do, but because it requires "exchange of fluids" to tap into Kohaku's and Hisui's powers. Akiha, like everyone in Tohno family, has a mix of human and demonic blood in her veins, and if the demonic aspect is allowed to fully take over (she turned into her demonic aspect when her hair became red) she apparently would go mad and start killing people at random. Both Hisui and Kohaku have the power to subdue demoic blood by "exchanging fluids" with the person that has demonic blood.
well is fluid exchange is all that was needed they should just have had lesbian sex.
from the peanut gallery...
1: ever since he 'died' he's had the ability.. I seem to recall it being told that he died, but remains cause he's got something left to do... and the eye-thing was just an extension of that. since he's dead, he can see the death of everyone and everything else too.
though as always, I may be massively WRONG in this... *shrugs* don't bother pointing out how to me.
2: yeah, just a random character.. the hentai game has her in a few positions (if I mean sexual ones, or positions in the script, I'll let you decide on your own *grins*)
3: since she came back after Shiki killed her, supposedly in much the same way Roa did, I suppose it's possible that she's not dead.
and she didn't turn to ash so much as she simply faded.
course, so did Roa.. and Roa had to reincarnate everytime that happened to him... and the way they talk about it, that was something special to him.
though... frankly... and for me this is the bottom-line, when she returns to say 'bai bai' to Shiki, it doesn't feel like your ordinary dream-sequence... but as if she's really there. so I'd say, she's alive... but doing her own thing.
though... yeah... they could've come up with a slightly better ending.
though^2: Shiki, you da man! ... that's all.
@rsg: yeah, like father like daughter... NOT. Kohaku was repeatedly raped by Akiho's father when she was about 10 to achieve that "fluid exchange". When Akiho found out, she "dealt with it". So I don't think she'd choose to walk the same path her father did after that.
@reckless: she won't reincarnate :crying:. In prologue when Shiki killed Arcueid, she's shown cut in pieces in a puddle of blood, which is why she was able to reincarnate. After being killed by Roa, she crumpled into ash/dust, which is a true death for a vampire.
sorry to say.. but look at the way she died again.
she doesn't crumble to dust like the vampires she and shiki killed earlier.. or the way that the Nero died either. (course, Nero and the others weren't shinso, so we wont know).
she fades, she doesn't crumble.. also, she becomes quite luminenscent as Shiki carries her away from Roa and lays her down again.
as such... we can't really say she died, and we can't really say she doesn't either. face that one.
Interesting... I didn't look that closely at her death scene and it seems that you are right. Indeed she seems to slowly vanish, leaving her clothes behind. Then again, she was the last of the progenitor vampires, so I'd expect her death to be quite different from the death of minions of normal vampires.
And Nero wasn't a vampire at all. His body was made entirely from the animals that he could summon, and he didn't suck blood, he fed by letting the beasts that he consisted of devour human bodies.
wait, who is kohaku?
rape? is that in the game and not the series?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0