Fate/stay night - Page 11 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite class?
Rider 11 9.09%
Lancer 6 4.96%
Caster 8 6.61%
Archer 40 33.06%
Berserker 5 4.13%
Saber 41 33.88%
Assassin 10 8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 04:25 AM   #101
Duomaxwe
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Duomaxwe Send a message via MSN to Duomaxwe
Default Re: Fate/stay night

Oh... I assumed you'd watched it all already, telling you that Archer was actually Shiro was probably quite a spoiler lol

Just keep watching, we can't really say anything without spoiling it for you.

It is not foolish to have a dream, but mad to have only a dream. Unfortunately this world is full of dreamers - Lord Il Palazzo
Duomaxwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #102
Xaravir
Narumon Z

That's what she said.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #103
Xennon
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duomaxwe View Post
Oh... I assumed you'd watched it all already, telling you that Archer was actually Shiro was probably quite a spoiler lol

Just keep watching, we can't really say anything without spoiling it for you.

"I've found out in life that you can't live in the past... or the future, or the present." - Al Bundy
Xennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #104
Xaravir
Narumon Z

Okay, so I finally forced myself to finish off this series.

Last edited by Xaravir; 05-24-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Xaravir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #105
Duomaxwe
Experienced Anime Fan

Shiro never traced Avalon, Avalon was inside his body. (He did trace Caliburn though, to destroy Hercules).

Shiro is Archer, Shiro was accepted into the Tavern of Heroes for being a Hero of Justice, the Tavern of Heroes of course existing outside of time, so even though Shrio hadn't became a Hero yet, his Heroic Spirit was still able to be summoned in the fifth Holy Grail War. It was actually Shiro who went back in time, and manipulated events to ensure that Rin summoned Archer for reasons I won't say.

All this is explained in the visual novel, however I've never actually read the Visual Novel (yet) I've read it from other sources and heard it from people.

Caster's master was "strong" because Caster cast strength enhancing spells upon him.

Saber was lying on a tree at the end of the series, because that was clearly after the battle with her son where she had been dealt a fatal blow and was dying. (King Arthur) The general reason for not explaining it is for people to find out on their own, King Arthur's legend is a separate entity to FS/N altogether. Besides, it most likely is expanded upon in the visual novel.

So overall I have to say, this is a great anime, that WILL require hours of thought provoking questions, research, and eventually advancement onto the visual novel to even break the surface of this mind boggling, epically created anime feat, 9/10.

It is not foolish to have a dream, but mad to have only a dream. Unfortunately this world is full of dreamers - Lord Il Palazzo
Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #106
Xaravir
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duomaxwe View Post
Shiro never traced Avalon, Avalon was inside his body. (He did trace Caliburn though, to destroy Hercules).

Shiro is Archer, Shiro was accepted into the Tavern of Heroes for being a Hero of Justice, the Tavern of Heroes of course existing outside of time, so even though Shrio hadn't became a Hero yet, his Heroic Spirit was still able to be summoned in the fifth Holy Grail War. It was actually Shiro who went back in time, and manipulated events to ensure that Rin summoned Archer for reasons I won't say.

All this is explained in the visual novel, however I've never actually read the Visual Novel (yet) I've read it from other sources and heard it from people.

Caster's master was "strong" because Caster cast strength enhancing spells upon him.

Saber was lying on a tree at the end of the series, because that was clearly after the battle with her son where she had been dealt a fatal blow and was dying. (King Arthur) The general reason for not explaining it is for people to find out on their own, King Arthur's legend is a separate entity to FS/N altogether. Besides, it most likely is expanded upon in the visual novel.

So overall I have to say, this is a great anime, that WILL require hours of thought provoking questions, research, and eventually advancement onto the visual novel to even break the surface of this mind boggling, epically created anime feat, 9/10.

An anime shouldn't rely on other sources to explain important plot sequences in the series. It should be a stand-alone guide to itself. I don't think the anime forcing you to read about the legend of King Arthur is thought-provoking at all. It just makes it confusing as to what the hell is going on. The characters are hugely dull, static, and one-dimensional. I know how some anime (the most recent being Code Geass, where the Tower of Babel is destroyed by Zero) employ certain names or symbols that mean something else, but the anime runs just as smoothly if you do not understand the meaning behind those names or symbols. That's what an anime should do; it should make connections to literature, history, philosophy, etc without sacrificing the comprehension of a storyline. Luckily for me, I had to study the legend of King Arthur in its entirety in a first-year English course, but I can't help but wonder how other people manage to get through this anime without knowing about the legend and still praising it. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Evidently, they left a lot of stuff out in the anime that may be found in the visual novel, but for a person who just wants to watch an anime, that's not acceptable. There are many questions left unanswered, but these are not thought-provoking questions, they're plotholes. I guess we have different ideas on what an anime should be.

Also, does not Shirou escape the sludge ball thing by tracing Avalon? That's how I saw it.

Last edited by Xaravir; 05-24-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Xaravir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #107
Duomaxwe
Experienced Anime Fan

Yeah well, I don't wanna get into a debate.

Though anyone I know, myself included, who have seen this anime have only praised it, and while it leaves many things unanswered I found it enjoyable to research them on my own.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #108
Xennon
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

"I've found out in life that you can't live in the past... or the future, or the present." - Al Bundy
Xennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #109
Duomaxwe
Experienced Anime Fan

^ They're two different Holy Grails, I think it actually even said in the anime that it wasn't Jesus' Holy Grail.

I've had the visual novel on my computer for months, but it's a bitch to get to work, so I decided to wait until I finished college to start.

Which I have done now, I'll probably start reading it in a few days.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #110
itsudatte18
Narumon Z

Uhmmm...

I have a question "what happened when saber and assasin fought?"i happened to miss the fight...
itsudatte18 is offline   Reply With Quote