Aria the Animation - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
LadyArtemis
Narumon Z

Default Aria the Animation

Aria the Animation

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Checked out ep1 and I can't say whether I like it or not at this point. It seems like one of those slow paced animes with nice art, and will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling at the end. I guess maybe like Ah My Goddess in that sense, but without the love drama. Don't expect it to be as good as AMG though, but I think it'll turn out to be an enjoyable show as long as you're in the mood for the slow paced, sweet type anime.

The only thing that really bothers me is the weird cat... those eyes are freaky! (wasn't even sure they were eyes at first)

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 01:09 AM.
LadyArtemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
Aydan
Otaku

Default Re: Aria the Animation

Yeah that cat really weird although s/he makes the cutest pet sounds. Everything I wanted to say about this show has already been said by LadyArtemis slow paced show with nice art and nice mood.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
runpsicat

Mrh, manga>>>anime (yes, I know it's a cliche statement). Having read the manga beforehand and imagined up what the characters sound like, Akari/Aria's voices are just ugh ugh ugh. >_< I think the manga lets you enjoy the narrative at your own pace (since you can sort of control how fast you read), whereas it gets pretty torturous in the anime at times (especially when Akari/Aria are vocalizing -_-").
Old 01-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
Stain

I gotta admit I got tired of Aria, but Akari's voice actor did a great job. It really worked IMO.
If you want really _wrong_ voicing, listen to the DramaCDs =) imagine Female Ranma's voice for Aika. >_<
Old 01-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
LadyArtemis
Narumon Z

well I think the key is to watch it when you're in the mood for something calm, slow, and possibly boring XD

but I actually kinda like it... there are funny moments, though I'm hoping that there is a teeny bit more of plot progression of sorts

~Arty-chan~
LadyArtemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
blue001

one of the best anime so far, IMO. I hope it stays like this :)
Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
riotranger
Anime Fan in Training

Would have been perfect if at the end of Aria the Origination

riotranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
Viduus
Otaku

I sat through 3 episodes of this at a con this year, and I wanted to stab my brain to make the pain stop. Seriously, this was perhaps the most boring show I've ever seen. There's an amusing part here and there, yes, but it's waaaay too slow paced to make up for it. Even the opening puts me to sleep.
You know what my days used to be like? I just tested. Nobody murdered me. Or put me in a potato. Or fed me to birds. I had a pretty good life. And then you showed up. You dangerous mute lunatic. So you know what? Just... go. It's been fun. Don't come back.

Viduus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
lostinagoodbook
Narumon Z

I love Aria (if you couldn't tell by my signature). One reviewer hit it right on the head when he called it a "prose poem". It's all about mood. The surroundings, a celebration of day to day life and appreciation of the beauty of life. Where else does a really good baked potato get the props it deserves? ;) I love this show, and when I have a really stressful day, I watch it right before I go to bed and it completely winds me down.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
lostinagoodbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
Funkgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinagoodbook View Post
I love Aria (if you couldn't tell by my signature). One reviewer hit it right on the head when he called it a "prose poem". It's all about mood. The surroundings, a celebration of day to day life and appreciation of the beauty of life. Where else does a really good baked potato get the props it deserves? ;) I love this show, and when I have a really stressful day, I watch it right before I go to bed and it completely winds me down.
President!
Did you also read the manga?

I liked it's odd pace.
Not-for-everyone that is for sure. Yeah when there you have to try the potato!

For me, this anime was so chill, it was massage therapy.