Shuffle! - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Aydan
Otaku

Default Shuffle!

Shuffle!

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

New harem show. Setup is, male lead lives with childhood friend of the same age, his parents and her mom died in the same accident. Of course she cook, cleans, is in love with him although he doesn't know it yet, go to school together and the father is gone on a long long business trip from which he'll probably never return. Ah well, at least the male lead isn't a loser... >.> There's more though, seems that this is a world where gods and demons have come to the human world from their seal up magical worlds. Well they gave it a good twist, I like it.
Note that the demons and gods look just like human with elven ears.

Well this show isn't half bad for a harem show. I'll be looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 06-21-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Edited to use newer header format.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

My 6th sense for anime based on H-games went off big time on this one. I was right... ;) (WARNING: That link is to a site for an H-game and might possibly contain some cartoon nudity or something, although I don't think it does)

Anywho, after the first ep, I'm not sure whether I want to see more or not. I hope they do something interesting with the god/devil premise, otherwise I can see this being pretty bland...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
Mercurial Morpheus
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via MSN to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via Yahoo to Mercurial Morpheus

I've only watched the prologue, and it seems interesting. I have a high tolerence for harem shows, as long as they're entertaining.

I agree with MechaTama, hopefully they'll put the setup to good use.

"There is a real world; just nobody lives there", Baycon 03
The Haisho, A Place to Call 'Home'
Mercurial Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
Reckless Angel
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via ICQ to Reckless Angel
Default Re: Shuffle!

this was the first I'd heard of the show, but I've got something of a high tolerance for harem shows too, if they're good. (mahoraba and futakoi (original) went a bit too far, so I stopped watching after I think third or fourth ep).
aaaaanyway, back on topic.

I like the setup, and the art-style and most of the humour. ;)
my guess is that there is of course something more than meets the eye with this Rin-character... (speaking of which, anyone else notice how Rin dresses almost identically to the male lead of Green Green TV?)
I only really saw *one* person with an exagerated breast-size.. the teacher, but she's got a personailty-disorder to match ;-)
(that is a good thing)
Old 07-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
Aydan
Otaku

We all love that kind of teacher now don't we. ;)
At least she doesn't want to get in the pants of the male lead, like in other series....
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 AM   #6
Mercurial Morpheus
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via MSN to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via Yahoo to Mercurial Morpheus

Shame you gave up on Mahoraba Reckless Angel, I think it's among the better recent shows. It's not even a harem show really.

I'll probably watch the first episode tonight. I've been looking for something to watch.

"There is a real world; just nobody lives there", Baycon 03
The Haisho, A Place to Call 'Home'
Mercurial Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
Reckless Angel
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via ICQ to Reckless Angel

sorry... my bad. I was actually thinking of Maburaho... not Mahoraba, which is *excellent*.
you may flay me later, if you wish ;-)
Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
HellaSueV
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to HellaSueV Send a message via MSN to HellaSueV Send a message via Yahoo to HellaSueV

just saw the 1st 2 eps of the show and I gotta say Im pretty interested in this show. althought its another Harem show but Im a sucker for this kind of show :P
Old 07-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #9
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

I was going to flay you, but now that you've corrected yourself... *sigh* Missed my chance... Anywho, I thought Maburaho was pretty decent up until episode 12 (which was a freakin' awesome episode). The, umm... "new direction" the story took at episode 13 really pissed me off, especially with how well done episode 12 was. It almost sort of halfway nearly redeemed itself by the end, but episode 13 is still about the greatest disappointment I've had in my years of anime viewing.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
HellaSueV
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to HellaSueV Send a message via MSN to HellaSueV Send a message via Yahoo to HellaSueV

I still havent finish Maburaho yet :P I stopped on ep like 14 or 15 when Lunar stopped subbing it. Is it worth finishing tho?