Sousei no Aquarion - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Aydan
Otaku

Default Sousei no Aquarion

Sousei no Aquarion
(a.k.a. Aquarion)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Well, well, what to make of this anime. It sure is pretty, the animated is good and the CG is nice. Story/Plot seems interesting for now. The mechas look good, I especially like the jet designs, the aerial fights are also good. The characters design is good, ranging from "ok" to "great". I have 2 little problems though, I don't like the main character type. I don't like some of the transformation things.

I'm not able to comment on the music, not yet anyway. The OP should be good.

Besides certain things that annoy me this is visually a very good show.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Mercurial Morpheus
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via MSN to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via Yahoo to Mercurial Morpheus

Sounds interesting. Since it's by Kawamori I'll check it out.

"There is a real world; just nobody lives there", Baycon 03
The Haisho, A Place to Call 'Home'
Mercurial Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #3
Filip

Kawamori for the win Mechas and CG is great in this show. What I really loved was the first scene with the magician, something original funny hehe.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
jhelpme

Anyway, I liked the show. It gives off a feel of a cross between Eva and sentai. I agree that the visuals are top notch and the 3d was great. Definately one of the beter shows this season.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
Crysla
Narumon Z

Interesting start to the story line too - even tho its a little "classic" ^_^

Hope it evolves well.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Aydan
Otaku

ep 02:

This show.... no...
Interesting concepts, but a terrible execution.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
TheFluff
Narumon Z

Agreed @ Aydan.

On a side notice: what's with the Transformers trend recently? Gundam SEED Destiny, Kannazuki no Miko, Sousei no Aquarion... they all have combining/splittable mechas.
"The other day a young lad was taken by his mother to the Temple at Wong Tai Sin. He shook the tsim and took the stick to the fortune teller, who said: 'You will have a long life, happiness... but not much money. You will have success... but nobody will know. You will create great things... but other people will get the credit. You will be beautiful in your heart... but not in your looks. I think you're going to be an engineer.'"
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #8
chrysantheum

Does anyone else think that this show's being 'bad' on purpose? At first, when Silvia's reaction to the unification happened, I laughed because it was so over-the-top gratuitous. But after watching a second episode and laughing even more (especially Silvia's obsession with her brother, the Ubiquitous Bishounen That Must Act As The Hero's Rival...good god, he not only has long hair but also admires roses, complains about 'unsightly' unification and fights by blowing kisses) I can't believe that this degree of absurdity was not actually intended by the creators for humor. (Silvia: "Next week, I will unify with Brother again!")

I'm not really into mecha, but I think this show is a hilarious parody. Long live the cheesiness!

(Alright, I do have to admit that even if this show were being totally serious I'd still watch it because the animation is just too good. I tend to care about visuals much more than story quality.)
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
BTime

I think the show IS attempting to be serious. The pacing is good and I like most of the character designs. Especially the girl in the wheelchair.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:53 PM   #10
dragonlord

all i could say about this is that i like the music... and their umm mecha transformation scenes really really turn me away from this...

though the music keeps me around... sad...