Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2004, 12:07 PM   #21
Kagari

Lunamaria doesn't look too bad for one of the girl characters. Let's hope she's not a slut like Frey was. >>
Old 07-17-2004, 07:33 PM   #22
Zechleton

Oh man, i love gundam but i'm still trying to get all the original seed episodes! I can only find them on kazaa, and it takes forever on there. If anyone has torrents for it, or any other gundam series, i love you (preferably 10 or less eps per torrent if possible)
Old 07-17-2004, 09:59 PM   #23
Kerghan
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagari
Lunamaria doesn't look too bad for one of the girl characters. Let's hope she's not a slut like Frey was. >>
there is nothing wrong with having sex every once in a while, there is something wrong though, with being a psycho bitch.

"The best is deep quiet in which i live and grow against the world and harvest what they cannot take by fire or sword" Goethe
Kerghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:41 AM   #24
[BVD]WhoCares

Well, I don't want to hear the details since I'm not done watching Gudam Seed. But if Gundam Seed Destiny is as good as its prequel, it's a must-have for my collection.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #25
Knightmare

Pics/Descriptions of the new Gundams: http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/destinyms.jpg

ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam - The high mobility mode when Impulse Gundam is equipped with the Force Silhouette. Main weapons are beam saber and beam rifle.
ZGMF-X56S/β Sword Impulse Gundam - Impulse Gundam in its close-combat mode, "Sword Silhouette". Equipped with beam boomerang and anti-ship swords.
ZGMF-X56S/γ Blast Impulse Gundam - Impulse Gundam in its mid-range combat mode, "Blast Silhouette". Equipped with long range beam cannons and rail guns.
ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with the "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". In MA mode, it specializes in high mobility combat. It was developed later than the other 4 Gundam. The "2" in X23 means aviation-related while "3" refers to the research number.
ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". Equipped with giant claws on both legs and large firearms. Specializes in assault combat.
ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". It can transform into MA mode for marine use. Equipped with beam weapons and lance, enabling it to deal with various situations. The "3" in X31 means marine-related
ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". It can transform into a 4-legged MA. Specializes in land combat. The "8" in X88 means 4-legged MS/MA.

And a picture of the known cast:
http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/dchara1.jpg

Unforutnately, I'm not impressed.... Sigh...

Impulse seems to be able to change colors. Everything else seems to be a rehash of the old.

-Knight
Old 07-23-2004, 06:14 AM   #26
Zechleton

I liked seed, but the gundam's in it were not impressive at all. Seems to me like that'll be the problem with this too. I prefer the old series' where Gundam's were unique and there weren't four or five of them :(
Old 07-23-2004, 07:09 AM   #27
DJ*
Narumon Z

Justice and Freedom were unique enough for me.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #28
Kerghan
Otaku

not unique? WTF. in old gundam, there was no uniqueness whatsoever, because that thing was only a prototype for production models.

in gundam seed there is only 1 strike, 1 aegis, etc.

"The best is deep quiet in which i live and grow against the world and harvest what they cannot take by fire or sword" Goethe
Kerghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #29
Zechleton

I mean unique to other suits, like there's only one gundam in the series, not five... i just didn't like the gundams in seed. They were *too* powerful and made everything else seem pointless. For example, what's the point in having battleships if they can just be shot down with one blast from a gundam? Why bother with all the other units if they do nothing?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #30
Prisoner1138
Otaku

The design looking generic doesn't have anything to do with how unique it looks. It looks like an amalgamation of gundams from a half dozen other series just plopped together.

and as far as everything else being useless because gundams can blow everything up in one shot, you didn't pay much attention. in gundam seed, the gundams had JUST been developed. meaning they were new. the entire human race isn't going to just scrap everything and switch to gundams within the week. and also, the ones that were mass produced by orb later were weaker in comparison anyway. if you also look at a series like 08th ms team, those mass produced gundams weren't all ridiculously powerful either.
Prisoner1138 is offline   Reply With Quote