Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Page 11 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #101
Aydan
Otaku

Sorry, the person in the red circle, you know I have a thing for female captains. >.< There is no way I could forget her. I'm going to re-edit that pic.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #102
snowcrash
Anime Fan in Training

On Shinn's tragedy:
[spoiler:a880c91443]The last image they showed of Calamity and Freedom had Calamity firing straight ahead and Freedom doing an Alpha Strike, where some of the beams were arced downwards. There's a chance that Calamity was responsible, but from what they've shown us, IMO there's a greater chance that Freedom was the source of the explosion.[/spoiler:a880c91443]
As an aside on the four individulas who appear in the end of the OP, that is Athrun, Shinn, Unknown Female and Unknown X, is Unknown X (who saluted the ZAFT chairman at the beginning of the ep) male or female? Looks female, but you never know with anime. Heck, I still don't know what gender the BlitzGundam pilot (Nicol?) was suppossed to be.

A good man has few enemies. A ruthless man has none.
snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #103
Aydan
Otaku

Unknown X: this would be Rey, he looks like a girl doesn't he. So cute when he smiles....
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:12 PM   #104
Jing.X.

how often is this series going to air in japan? once a week? once every two weeks? and what are some other highly anticipated animes that are upcoming or has already started?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #105
-=Masakari=-
Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to -=Masakari=-

It airs once a week like the overwhelming majority of animes (only ones I can think of that air biweekly are GITS TV and Initial D 4th Stage). As for what other shows are highly anticipated, probably Bleach (AKeep/ANBU or Lunar), Gankutsuou (AKeep or AKraze) and Gunbuster 2 (Lubar).

The preceding post has been officially endorsed by Usamaru Furuya's Bondage Bear.
-=Masakari=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #106
Shinji103

The unknown female is Lunamaria Hawk, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who is a ZAFT Special Forces pilot aboard the Minerva and the pilot of her own custom Zaku Warrior. As Aydan said, unknown X is Rey Za Burrel, voiced by Toshihiko Seki, a ZAFT Special Forces member aboard the Minerva with his own custom Zaku Phantom.

Ep1
[spoiler:077222c5f6]And it's 99% known for a fact (I say 99% because they didn't actually show on screen the explosion occuring, but that's where you insert common sense ) that Kira is the one responsible for the death of Shin's family (besides Orga, pilot of the Calamity Gundam, but he's dead ). I think the Freedom and Calamitys' beams just collided rather than bending downwards (that wouldn't make any physical sense unless it involved the Forbidden's one-direction I-Field), and when the beams collided, they caused a huge explosion since they were high-powered beams hitting each other head on, and they were pretty close to the ground (Calamity was on the ground), so it caused lots of damage to the surrounding area.[/spoiler:077222c5f6]
Old 10-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #107
DJ*
Narumon Z

Ep1

Am I the only one that felt that
[spoiler:10a0a67a7c]Shinn's grieving at the start had more emotion and feeling than Kira ever had at any point he sobbed in SEED?

To me, at times, it felt so 'forced' when he cried.
[/spoiler:10a0a67a7c]
Old 10-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #108
Lucky

Err... no? Shin was just more vocal, while Kira always was the silent "I can bear it all myself" type, who coulnd't ever open up with the grief to anyone fully. I personally think that the "silent suffering" had far more emotion in it then crying out like a madman.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:03 AM   #109
DJ*
Narumon Z

He never came across as silent to me. He blubbed over everything. Atleast to the best of my memory.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #110
Shinji103

Yeah Kira was the silent type
Gundam Seed (a bit about Orb)
[spoiler:d41444f257](besides which his family wasn't killed in a battle where the country was supposed to be neutral and was being attacked for very unjust reasons, which brings in a lot of hate ).[/spoiler:d41444f257]