Rozen Maiden - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-23-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
dreadful

Default Rozen Maiden

Rozen Maiden

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

From the creators of dears and based on the manga bearing the same name, with the music by project ali.

Seems kind of cute and gloomy/dark at the same time. Appears to be pretty descent but doesn't stand out as much as My Hime or Tsukuyomi so I guess not as highly anticipated.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:16 AM   #2
Aydan
Otaku

Although the dolls cuteness and personality could carry this show, there are some other nice things too. The relationship between brother and sister, etc.. The characters are a bit young for my taste, but then again who else would play with dolls. Music, art, plot, all in check.

Another nice show, 8 out of 10.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
Kerghan
Otaku

the intro performer sounds familiar but i cant think of another show that she did.

"The best is deep quiet in which i live and grow against the world and harvest what they cannot take by fire or sword" Goethe
Kerghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
dreadful

the intro, as already mentioned, by Project Ali (who did op for Noir and music for Avenger)
Old 10-26-2004, 11:59 PM   #5
tardo

i like this show. already. i was wondering where it was headed, but its kinda interesting now. i'll definitely check out the manga too, Peach Pit has a way with shounen magazines >_<
Old 10-31-2004, 01:39 AM   #6
randall

the OP is l33t ;D
Old 11-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
Ultima

Yup, I agree the dolls really do carry the show. I think Shiku really is the big star because she keep the series in check with her mannerism. As for the series as a whole, I've watched up to episode 4 and it seems to be aimed towards kids. I mean the brother is in middle school? And it seems that he has a pretty nice sister :P I'm still looking forward to future episodes though, the animation is pretty good, and yes the op rocks :)
Old 11-23-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
Redempteur

i like this show ..good animation nice music and intresting story ..so i'm looking forward how the story will turn...

too bad it's only 13 eps
Old 11-26-2004, 02:25 AM   #9
Crystal

Usually I would say a show like this seems to be for kids but...

Episode 3:

But yeah, I like this show. Nothing fantastic, but I'm enjoying watching it. And I like the OP. I like Project Ali's style of music.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:28 PM   #10
Kagari

I agree, this show is great... it's simple and has a plot... unlike the last Peach-Pit story turned anime(DearS), which lacked plot completely.