Eureka Seven - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
Aydan
Otaku

Default Eureka Seven

Eureka Seven
(a.k.a. Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

New original series by Bandai and Bones.

According to sources this show will run for 50 episodes with a game coming out in the summer. It is kinda like a co-release thing.

Main site: PROJECT EUREKA
Previews: http://mbs.jp/eureka/index2.html (promo + preview of ep 1, 2 and 3)

ep 01:

Animation........................................G ood
Mecha_Design.....................................O K
Waveboard_Propulsion..................Weird
Music/Sound....................................Good
Character_Design...............................OK
Story/Plot.................................Promising

I really enjoyed ep 1, the background art fits a modern world setting just like I would have imagined it. I will now proceed to drop Sousei no Aquarion from my to-watch list and enter Eureka Seven. The main character is a 14 year old so he's overenthusiastic at time, but at least he acts like a normal 14 year old.

Note to all mecha show producers: please get rid of the purple/pink smoke, black or gray smoke with a hint of red and yellow in the center would be so much better.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-11-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Edited to use newer header format.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Aydan
Otaku

ep 03:

OMG OMG the way it ends it's just unreal, too funny for words. Hats off to the animators of this show, great AA evasion animation, very fluid, high production value to boot. Makes me think that they have a huge budget for this show.

Am I the only one around anime-planet that follows this show?

BTW this is a very light hearted mecha anime.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Lucky

Actually, since this is a bones show, I'm following it. Pretty much any show from that studio will have me watching it ever since scrapped princess and rahxephon.
But this one is just weird. Even more so then Kurau was. And Kurau was a bit overboard in weirdness at times even for me. So I'm really not ready to form any kind of an opinion on this show yet. Looks very promising, but that's pretty much it so far
Old 05-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

Yeah, but wasn't Bakuretsu Tenshi a BONES work? That show was crap. I don't *quite* regret watching it, like I do with Sister Princess, but it's damn close. It suckered me in with the visuals, music, and one cool character, but then stabbed my brain with an asinine plot and a spectacularly asinine ending. But enough ranting about BakuTen. I'll go ahead and give Eureka Seven a try ^_^.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
dreadful

I'm pretty sure BakuTen is a GONZO show so having a weak ending isn't really that new, at least for Gonzo.

As far as BONES and Eureka Seven conserned, Bones produce quite good shows but IMO they lack the magnitude of strength of FMA or Wolf's Rain.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
Lucky

BakuTen was embodiment of all Gonzo represented after vandread imo - all animation and design with overly complex and yet utterly simply and very much crappy plot. Definitely not my piece of pie although some people like that stuff very much, and definitely very different from all studio Bones' works to date.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
IceAlchemist
Narumon Z

New Op/ED Announcement

Starting Episode 12 there will be new op and ed

オープニングテーマ:HOME MADE 家族「少年ハート」
Op Theme: Home Made Kazoku "Shounen Heart"
new op goes on sale Aug 3rd

エンディングテーマ:伊沢麻未「Fly Away」
ED Theme: Izawa Asami "Fly Away"
new ed goes on sale July 27th
IceAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #8
Aydan
Otaku

Ep: 6, Hmm I want more eps like ep 5. T_T

Holland is a real man of the house. :)
Old 12-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
redgsrguy

Default Re: Eureka Seven

I had to bump this since I really enjoy this series. It provides quite a bit of comical moments while still coming through with harsh realities and mysterious storyline.

Sadly I have watched up to all the released episodes and will be sitting around waiting for new episodes as they come.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
kaz
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Eureka Seven

i watched an episode of this show on a whim, not knowing it was a BONES production, and subsequently ended up watching another twenty episodes over the course of the next few days. this is as close to perfect as the mecha action formula has been in recent memory, blowing stuff like gunparade orchestra and gundam seed destiny out of the water, and hitting tones that sousei no aquarion can't. the world of eureka seven is well-realized, and i enjoy its varied cast of characters.