Monster - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
sothis
Overlord

Default Monster

Monster

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Discuss!

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-15-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Edited to use newer header format.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:53 PM   #2
alcuin/smokydrag

Aul Right!!.. well, in case ppl are not aware of this already, this serie is also by VAP, the makers of Elfen Lied. That said, its completly different in practically all aspects, for starters, it has no cute female charecters ;_;, no humor, no fanservice..and though there is a lot of killing, most of the voilence is off screen<<Well one bishoujo does appear at at later stages, and shes a important chrecter to boot>>. Also being a 70 episode serie, it is somewhat slow paced. But the story is extrewmly good, dark and suspenseful. Being a relative n00b to animes, I have watched far less anime than most ppl here, otherwise Id make some recs for this one. In any case if you are a horror/mystery fan, who likes the shounen type stories, do check it out!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
snowcrash
Anime Fan in Training

I agree that it is a long series, but I disagree on the slow paced comment. The show is essentially the Fugitive-an insanely creepy and somewhat metaphysical Fugitive. And for such a show, it is reasonably paced, and the recaps are very limited (upto now (ep 24) anyway), well done.and most importantly, few and far in-between.

I like what they've done, which is instead of breaking up the overall story arc with recap episodes, they've opted to break it up with character pieces on different people-like Nina, Eva, and Runge. It's a far better method, and helps avoid my distaste of recap episodes.

Anyone know when the last ep (78?) is supposed to air? That is, will it be done by end of 2005?

A good man has few enemies. A ruthless man has none.
snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:03 AM   #4
tardo

who cares when it ends, this show is what most anime shows SHOULD take after. this is a beautiful adapation of the manga (not that i've read it, but i can only assume such), spectacular directing and screen-writing. the music too is great. this is the show thats definitely on the instant-buy list when it comes out, waiting for more episodes makes me feel like a narutard, always beggin to the gods.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #5
Alex_Liu

I think the sotry is really good, but the author are trying to get the story as wide as possible, hence creating many sub plots revolving characters other than Tenma.

Have anyone read the manga already? did the manga have subplots as like inthe anime? or is it just the anime version that has subplots.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:28 PM   #6
BTime

It kind of reminds me of the old TV show "The Fugitive", which isn't a bad thing.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
LazyWulfran
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Liu
I think the sotry is really good, but the author are trying to get the story as wide as possible, hence creating many sub plots revolving characters other than Tenma.

Have anyone read the manga already? did the manga have subplots as like inthe anime? or is it just the anime version that has subplots.
The manga has a lot of subplots too.

Sorta spoiler, I guess:
[spoiler:e7a4640ebf]The subplots are for the most part actually important to the resolution of the story. They're not just filler.[/spoiler:e7a4640ebf]
LazyWulfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 AM   #8
Aydan
Otaku

I finally made time to watch this. Lets see, I'm about 30 eps or more behind, that will be some marathon today.

*Ahh anime at its best*
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #9
Neo_FNR
Narumon Z

Monster to me is teh best series im currently watching, but im too behind >_< (need to watch 25-43 : O). Anyways, i dont know how the creator had the ideia to make an awesome anime like that .

PS: I hope tenma die in the finals episode!
Neo_FNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #10
Aydan
Otaku

This is a great great show, but i'm also very behind.
Each ep is just so heavy and full of story, it give so much satisfaction that it's hard to watch 5 in a row.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote