Elfen Lied - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #21
wickedragon

After watching the 13th ep I am left with but one desier: MORE! GIVE ME MORE!!!!!111oneone

Althou, I must admit, I am a bit glad they ended the series, since very few of the "firever and ever and ever" series end up as good as they start off.

I guess I will have a beer in remenisence about the great anime that was; Elfen Lied.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #22
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

Good god, what en ending that was! Simply beautiful!

Not that that really matters. though. Great show, start to finish. This one will definitely be gracing my shelves when ADV gets it out.

And dreadful, you say that plot development and story are what keep people in, yet you piss and moan because the gore disturbed you a little too much, which would suggest to me that you are still fixated on the gore itself. Otherwise you might have understood it in relation to the plot.

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:51 AM.
MechaTama31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:47 PM   #23
dreadful

Mecha, I do understand about the puppy in relationship to the plot and effect on Lucy and you're not the first one to mention it. The point of my moaning was "Why include an element of realism in a show that exagerates things from the beginning to the end?". After all, the creators could have been more inventive. You do remember the later events in Narutaru, don't you? There are planty of ways to apprach the cituation in order to achieve needed effect.

And, yeah, the ending was pretty good.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:01 AM   #24
alcuin/smokydrag

heh totally agree with mecha abt EL being a beautiful series with a gorgeous ending.

regarding the horns,

manga

I wonder how many ppl visit 4 chan, but of late 4 chan has a vast number of posts featuring both EL anime and manga

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 AM   #25
alcuin/smokydrag

this is something posted at the animesuki forums by vud911

for those still wondering about lucy at the end of ep 13

notice nyuu as opposed to Lucy

very nice way to describe the ending ^_^

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:04 AM   #26
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

dreadful, my point is that your point is pointless. Just because parts of the show are not 100% true-to-life doesn't mean they have to make everything bizarre and unreal. It's a basic way to start a story: take your world, then change one thing in it, and imagine what things that would change, what events might happen, etc.

It just doesn't make any sense to me at all to object to that one single aspect of it for no other reason than that things like that probably happen in real life. People get shot in real life too, but I don't see you complaining about any of that.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:37 AM   #27
dreadful

I guess first part of your post makes sense, particularly if you make it a starting point and put child's psyche into account. What is she, 8-9 at the time of events? And I believe children are very impressinable at that age.

I guess I'll just leave it at that, because I don't want to get into a whole new new argument cartoonish vs real like violance and where and how much peoiple get shot.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #28
Shinji103

Last edited by sothis; 02-29-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #29
DistMan
Otaku

A beautifuly executed story. Only "complaint" would be that the animation could've been better (korean animation company), but that is something which is quite subjective so let's not start a discussion about that.

The ending was very well done aswell.

Now about the ending

"Any effort that has self-glorification as its final endpoint is bound to end in disaster."
///-=DistMan=-

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:53 AM.
DistMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:32 AM   #30
Shinji103

Last edited by sothis; 02-29-2008 at 02:16 PM.