Elfen Lied - Page 2 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 09-18-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
XMrNiceguyX
Head of the Pokémafia Propaganda department
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via ICQ to XMrNiceguyX Send a message via MSN to XMrNiceguyX Send a message via Skype™ to XMrNiceguyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcuin/smokydrag
Well, everyone seems to be obsessed with the inhumanity of Lucy,'

episode 8:

Possible explaination, yet:

Episode 1 and 5 and 8

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:47 AM.
XMrNiceguyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #12
dreadful

ok, thought about it for a while

Last edited by sothis; 02-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:03 PM   #13
alcuin/smokydrag

*****evil spoilers*****

^_^
spoilers all the way (including episode 10)

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #14
dreadful

Old 09-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #15
alcuin/smokydrag

ah yes more spoilers of horns/vectors and catgirls and also a wishful thinking for how i want the serie to end

Last edited by Kazeumi; 02-19-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:26 AM   #16
wickedragon

Viva la Power of lesbian sex =P

Episode 8:

Old 10-12-2004, 01:22 PM   #17
Lucky

If that is truly so, what the hell can you expect of a young child? I believe majority of kids go through the phase where they pull the legs off the insects just to see what happens - it's natural curiocity that comes with that age and not being burdened by understanding of ethics yet, children are far more cruel then adults - that's basic psychology.

Moving on, watching episode 12 is like mental masturbation - female one. Euphoria all the way with one hell of an orgasm in the end =P. Now all we need is episode 12, and judging from the episode name and preview content, it sure as hell won't be a happy ending

Sigh. This is one of the very very few shows that made me feel this way all the way as it progressed. Damn. World needs more shows like this.[/spoiler]

Old 10-19-2004, 10:14 AM   #18
MechaTama31
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to MechaTama31 Send a message via MSN to MechaTama31 Send a message via Yahoo to MechaTama31

I find it sad that some people get nothing more from this show than cheap thrills from the gore (and, let's face it, the nudity), and for whatever reason can't handle it when the gore is "too realistic". Maybe, instead of wishing they hadn't put that in the show, you can take the shock and revulsion you feel and imagine how Lucy must have felt. Then, OMG, you might actually come to understand more of the character and her motivations. I, for one, think this show has been pretty brilliant about that sort of thing. Not to mention that they managed to use nudity in an artistic way, to enhance the show, rather than the "hurr hurr look at t3h boobies!" you see in so many other shows. The stark contrast between their innocent, vulnerable appearance and their amoral (not to be confused with immoral) lethality was a very nice touch.

On the one hand, I'm pissed off at you "hehehe. blood and boobies!" people, because you very nearly made me skip over this series entirely with your childish babble. On the other hand, I'm grateful that I wasn't left on the edge of my seat every week for the past few months, and will only have to really wait for ep 13 (which is killing me, btw). That's another masterful touch in this series, the way the episodes end. They make you go "AAAARGGGHHH!!! NEXT EP!!!!", but when viewed straight through, the breaks are almost seamless. It watches more like a long movie than like a series.

If any of you out there are like I was, shying away from Elfen Lied because of the "blood & boobs!" crowd, give it a look. You may like what you see...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #19
dreadful

in response to Mecha's post, imo, gore and nudity what attracts people to the series, plot, story and development are what keeping people in.

Last edited by sothis; 02-29-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #20
Julianlivre
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre

bleh elfen has ended, shiet no fun. Elfen was awesome, all the good genres in one series.