How to Add or Edit Characters - Page 19 - Anime-Planet forum
Why register?

make an anime and manga list, and more! all free!

Theme

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Moderation > Character Submissions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #181
sothis
Overlord
 
sothis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 15,236
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

give the image rules are long, it might also make sense to clean it up a bit with some subheadings. such as:

The following types of images are not accepted:
  • Fan art
  • Visual novel, blah blah or other non anime/manga sources
  • Images used as a main from any other anime database (or google image search)
  • Manga images, if an anime exists

(etc)

right now the 'we dont accept x types' are scattered throughout the section so its a little hard to find them, also using the official bbcode style might make things easier to raed
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #182
Anudevil13
Otaku
 
Anudevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: India
Age: 18
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

We need more manga char mods
__________________
My DeviantART Profile- Check it out, I do renders, Manga/Line-Art Coloring and Folder Icons Minus Profile


Anudevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #183
vernanonix
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
vernanonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anudevil13 View Post
We need more manga char mods
We're all capable of working on manga. It's just most of us don't read a lot of manga. Manga take a bit more time to dedicate to reading. Plus there's a lot of obscure ones out there. Unlike anime, there's not really a regulated release of a lot of manga that people swarm over. Usually, only those that are already popular or have an anime get picked up by someone. It's actually only happened once that I picked up a manga before seeing the anime.

So yeah. We do what we can, but the number of manga submissions will likely just keep growing and we won't be able to take care of any of the series in question. Otherwise, it's an initiative thing. I believe kari and sothis will pick up manga just for the sake of clearing a number of submissions.
__________________
Come check out The Anime-Planet Podcast Club!
Check out what I'm working on as a Character Moderator


Pokemon X Info:
vernanonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #184
Anudevil13
Otaku
 
Anudevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: India
Age: 18
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernanonix View Post
We're all capable of working on manga. It's just most of us don't read a lot of manga. Manga take a bit more time to dedicate to reading. Plus there's a lot of obscure ones out there. Unlike anime, there's not really a regulated release of a lot of manga that people swarm over. Usually, only those that are already popular or have an anime get picked up by someone. It's actually only happened once that I picked up a manga before seeing the anime.

So yeah. We do what we can, but the number of manga submissions will likely just keep growing and we won't be able to take care of any of the series in question. Otherwise, it's an initiative thing. I believe kari and sothis will pick up manga just for the sake of clearing a number of submissions.
Ofc all you awesome mods are capable of it, But as u said urself
Most/None actually read manga between the Mods, and there lies the problem
Since no mod reads manga - no manga char gets added,
I've even seen Many manga's with empty char list but their anime counterparts full of them .
And due to this our no1 Manga for 1+ year on site is char less.

Though if it helps - I Volunteer for this. Since I'm Primarily into manga reading.
__________________
My DeviantART Profile- Check it out, I do renders, Manga/Line-Art Coloring and Folder Icons Minus Profile


Anudevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #185
Tyranid5
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Tyranid5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 22
Posts: 4,607
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

Nah there are manga mods. Hasse and Jahu were the major ones. Before them there were a couple others. Now there is chik, hasse, kari and dreador doing a fair bit. There's less subs in manga help needed than anime help needed.
__________________

Tyranid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #186
sothis
Overlord
 
sothis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 15,236
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

i read quite a few to add chars as well (usually ones users submit, to help out with those)
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #187
Anudevil13
Otaku
 
Anudevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: India
Age: 18
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis View Post
i read quite a few to add chars as well (usually ones users submit, to help out with those)
We all know you have great work in your hands Overlord sama!
But ur help is highly appreciated!

I started working on Tower of God / Tower of God Part 2 (Did around 10 submissions for starters)
Just yday
Since they are No 3 /1 Manga on site respectively for the past year, But since no Mod has read them - They are character less
If u shall read them, i can submit all characters in them for you to review, Easing ur workload.

http://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tower-of-god
__________________
My DeviantART Profile- Check it out, I do renders, Manga/Line-Art Coloring and Folder Icons Minus Profile


Anudevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #188
Kari5
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Kari5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Posts: 10,858
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

I've read over 300 manga and submitted characters to a large number of them.
We certainly cover manga; it just so happens it's not the series you're reading ;)
__________________

Kari5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #189
HasseRovdjur
BREAST CLAW
 
HasseRovdjur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Umeň, Sweden
Age: 27
Posts: 8,070
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anudevil13 View Post
We all know you have great work in your hands Overlord sama!
But ur help is highly appreciated!

I started working on Tower of God / Tower of God Part 2 (Did around 10 submissions for starters)
Just yday
Since they are No 3 /1 Manga on site respectively for the past year, But since no Mod has read them - They are character less
If u shall read them, i can submit all characters in them for you to review, Easing ur workload.

http://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tower-of-god
I'm going to start working on the characters for ToG this week, and I request that you do not submit any more. It will create a lot more workload for me since I have to moderate the submissions, with all that entails.
__________________


HasseRovdjur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #190
sothis
Overlord
 
sothis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 15,236
Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

tower of god is being used as training material for a would-be moderator, hasse is the mod covering it, so it's actually not a good thing to submit chars for that :) it'll create double work and make training the potential moderator harder

the best way to help us out is to confirm other users' submissions in a specific way, as that helps the moderators trust people have read the guidelines and can trust their future submissions easier. (as opposed to just bulk submitting tons of stuff, since at first we have to assume it all must be verified and takes a ton of work) we're currently working on a guide on how to best confirm users' submissions that will hopefully be posted asap
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.