Burst Angel - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #1
Katchura

Default Burst Angel

Burst Angel
(a.k.a. Bakuretsu Tenshi)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I hate CG, face it, it looks shit, but when done like this, is bearable. The first half of the first episode was so typically clichéd that my brain turned off altogether, and just continued watching for the sake of it.
No, this anime isent bad, its just the theme is so done to death. Even the settings nice, characters interesting, mecha groovy, effort ....... questionable.

Like I said, first half was annoyingly clichéd, however, everything seemed to pick up nicely in the second half when the director decided to get off his ass and mix events and music. I hope it just had a rough start.....although I seriously doubt that to be true.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Katchura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:08 AM   #2
rsg_6100

yeah i got to say im thinking this is another chrno crusade.... over hyped and did not deliver
Old 04-10-2004, 03:12 AM   #3
Katchura

Yikes, I was hoping Chrono Crusade was decent, but I have heard nothing but crappy opinions the past week. Shame, it had some nice character designs going for it.

That and I dig the whole "Nuns with Guns" thing, just liked I digged the "girls with guns" in Baketsu Tenshi, and Gunslinger Girls, and Noir...and on and on and on, they are all weak. They always fuck it up.
Katchura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:13 AM   #4
rsg_6100

it needs to be rori girls with guns... i.e. GsG
Old 04-10-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
Mercurial Morpheus
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via MSN to Mercurial Morpheus Send a message via Yahoo to Mercurial Morpheus

Glad to know I'm not the only one that isn't impressed by flashy CG. I'll give this a try, but I never expect much from Gonzo.

"There is a real world; just nobody lives there", Baycon 03
The Haisho, A Place to Call 'Home'
Mercurial Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #6
BakuretsuNavi

man .. my name represents that anime .. but I like it =(

I just saw it myself, its pretty good, but a lot of people *here* don't like it ... heh .. its pretty good, reminds me of a mix between cowboy bebop and .. spy-girls =D
Old 04-11-2004, 12:02 AM   #7
KidOtaku2003
Anime Fan in Training

Default eh well, ya

I just got done watching eps. one a second ago, Yeah.. i'm not to big into CG myself.. specially stuff like Platonic Chain and Urda, but this wasnt all bad, kinda reminded me of Knight Saber's... <bubblegum Crisis> with the with the future setting and the fact there woman rideing around in a truck with armor suits, and Aika naked mission wraped into one, fan service and all the guns, i dont know, i'll see where this heads..
Old 04-12-2004, 05:26 PM   #8
-=Masakari=-
Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to -=Masakari=-

Has anyone else noticed that this show IS Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, but with a male main character, mecha instead of ocean craft and much better animation? Even the characters are the same, there's a 'grown up logical boss' one, a 'bitchy' one, a 'silent and violent' one, and a 'cute mecha expert' one.

I don't think the CG is THAT bad either. Not great, but certainly lots better than other previous attempts at having CG mecha in a show, like Divergence EVE. Stellvia was the only one so far that did it really well though IMO.

The preceding post has been officially endorsed by Usamaru Furuya's Bondage Bear.
-=Masakari=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #9
Tolone
Experienced Anime Fan

Eh I thought vandread did cg mecha pretty good too but thats just my opinion..

Anyways for some reason the main character reminded me of the main character in nadesco(gah cant remember his name..). Hes even a cook too =P
Old 04-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #10
-=Masakari=-
Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to -=Masakari=-

Akito. Yeah, that's a good comparison actually. Kinda hapless main character totally out of his element surrounded by military women.

Vandread is a pretty good example too, at least 2nd stage. CG there did work well.

The preceding post has been officially endorsed by Usamaru Furuya's Bondage Bear.
-=Masakari=- is offline   Reply With Quote