Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
Windrider

Default Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
(a.k.a. Gundam Z, Kidou Senshi Zeta Gundam)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Hi... i just finished watching all 50 eps of gundam Z, and i'm abit puzzled by the ending parts... partly because i thought the version was quite poorly subbed.Hopefully someone can clear some of my doubts about this show?

- After Axis helped AEUG destroy titan's colony laser and space fortress, Jamitov and paptimus went to negotiate with Hamaan. Halfway during the negotiations paptimus wanted to kill hamaan, but char appeared and shot Jamitov and Paptimus instead. After that they all left hamaan's ship, and i would guess that axis were still helping AEUG, but in the next episode Axis were attempting to drop their space fortress on AEUG's base on the moon...?? I would guess that axis would be still helping AEUG considering that that titans wanted to kill hamaan? But instead they went to attack AEUG?

- In the second last episode, Axis and titans were allied against AEUG? (not sure about this part). If so, why?

- Did Char die in the end?

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
Freakzilla

Hi Windrider,

I assume you must have watched the bootleg set of Z Gundam. As I'm sure you've noticed, some of the subs were good and others were abysmal. This was because for various reasons, the bootleggers who made this episode stole fansub scripts for some episodes, and for others (particularly those that weren't fansubbed for one reason or another) they did original scripts.

Honestly what I'd recommend doing in this case would be to go to:

http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/zeta/zgmain.htm

And reading the episode write-ups for whatever episodes you weren't quite sure what was going on.

Regarding Char.......... he does not die at the end of Z Gundam. If you are interested, I'd HIGHLY recommend watching the movie "Char's Counterattack" (Bandai released this on an excellent DVD recently, and I imagine if you don't want to buy it, there should be a good rip of it). It is essentially the conclusion to the main Amaro vs. Char conflict, and tells their final story.

Also, you may want to keep an eye out later this year, because Z Gundam is finally getting a commercial release, so there should finally be a nice set (and I'm sure people will rip the DVD's too).

-Freakzilla
Old 03-04-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
sothis
Overlord

annnnd soon freakzilla will write up a big thing for all gundam questions, that might help too ;)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
Windrider

bootleg... shit... to think i paid near 100 dollars for this show...

thanks alot for the site... its amazing

But after looking at that i still don't understand why AEUG attacked Axis after the talks... because if the titans were told by Scirocco that hamaan killed jamitov i don't see how the hell they are able to ally together against AEUG
Old 03-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
Freakzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider
bootleg... shit... to think i paid near 100 dollars for this show...

thanks alot for the site... its amazing

But after looking at that i still don't understand why AEUG attacked Axis after the talks... because if the titans were told by Scirocco that hamaan killed jamitov i don't see how the hell they are able to ally together against AEUG
Some of this story thread is picked up in ZZ Gundam (although not much, and most of it is an awful show), and in the Char's Counterattack. I'd definitely recommend Char's Counterattack in particular.

I'd also highly recommend checking out Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, an OVA series which also should hopefully shed some light for you on how the Titans and AEUG operate.

Re: the bootleg...... yeah, if someone charged you $100 for that, you definitely got ripped off. I mean, you get ripped off with any bootleg inherently, but they were essentially charging you much more than the bootleg should even sell for.

-Freakzilla
Old 03-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Kerghan
Otaku

damn for 100 bucks i got both z and zz.

"The best is deep quiet in which i live and grow against the world and harvest what they cannot take by fire or sword" Goethe
Kerghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:25 PM   #7
Freakzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerghan
damn for 100 bucks i got both z and zz.
A tremendous amount to pay for bootlegs and to support criminals.

-Freakzilla
Old 03-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #8
Kerghan
Otaku

true, but the quality wasnt that bad.

"The best is deep quiet in which i live and grow against the world and harvest what they cannot take by fire or sword" Goethe
Kerghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
Freakzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerghan
true, but the quality wasnt that bad.
Yeah, the quality should be somewhat decent, since I believe the Z Gundam boot at least was using either the laserdisc sources, or possibly even the more recent DVD remaster of Z Gundam that came out in Japan. Combined with whatever fansub scripts were available (for a number of the episodes), it's probably not bad.

Fortunately Bandai's R1 release of Z Gundam is coming out later this year, apparently in a complete box set, so I'm really looking forward to that. I have no idea about their plans for ZZ Gundam, but also don't care. I would consider it to be a REAL crime if somehow schlock like ZZ Gundam gets out on DVD in R1 before Turn A Gundam does.

-Freakzilla
Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 PM   #10
-=Masakari=-
Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to -=Masakari=-

Why would you buy a bootleg set of Z Gundam when Anime-Gundam has fansubbed the entire show...? Ditto with ASS's cleaned up HK rips of ZZ Gundam.

The preceding post has been officially endorsed by Usamaru Furuya's Bondage Bear.
-=Masakari=- is offline   Reply With Quote