Dance in the Vampire Bund

Quizap

Dance in the Vampire Bund

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Pretty interesting first episode. Can't say I'm a fan of a loli vampire but the way the episode and the series started off made it pretty interesting. For a couple minutes, I thought I was watching something else when it first started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the first ep. Can't say much about the story yet though, the pilot was a bit annoying though. Too bad the release was of horrible quality too.

Still this is probably the most anticipated anime of winter '10...

Oh my ****ing god. What the hell was the first episode? I wasn't going to comment on this but I can't restrain myself. It was horrible, even excluding the quality. They better introduce the real story in the next episode. I couldn't even watch it all the way through.

[edit]

And what the hell is with her tits? Wow, this awesome manga has just been ruined by this horrible anime... No coherency at all. And he's an iguana? wtf?

Gotta say, Hime-sama's voice was pretty good, except for the fact she can't really express certain emotions very well.

Last edited:
wow i was so looking forword to this, why cant they just stick to the freaken story. They came out so much better in the manga :'(

They dragged that TV show bit for way too long. I'm still watching next week because I'm curious to see how the show really is supposed to be.

This first ep was sorta dull. The fight at the end didn't really redeem it, the weird salamander was... weird; and i'm not sure i'm too pleased with the main character being a 10 yo school girl who acts like she's the ****. just doesn't seem that interesting to me. I don't know. It just feels like i've seen far too many anime centered on so called badassed lolis to really look forward to a new one; especially one with tsundere eyes, twin tails and blond.

It's like Shaft got a hold of Nagi from Hayate then turned her into a vampire queen. yawn.

well i guess i'll give it one more ep since it seems they were determined to pull an "adventures of mikuru asahina ep 00" with this ep. hrm... yet another derivative thing about this anime. this ploy has been done before too.

I'm sorta disapointed. this isn't close to as good/funny or interesting as the last 3 shaft anime I saw started out. I mean the little 40 sec op sequence in bakemonogatari where they showed some scenes from before the series, was more interesting then this whole episode (let alone how good the first ep was); don't get me started on "Pink Supervisor's" entrance; and just like SZS, Maria†Holic killed me it was so funny in ep 1.

It's probably funnier if you watch Japanese television. They even got the goofy transitions right, where sound from the reporter has already cut out but the studio isn't on yet.

It seemed pretty neat at first, then
a vampire turned into a crazy lizard thing, and a loli with the geass turned out to be the ruler of vampires.
I am disappointed.

This first ep was sorta dull. The fight at the end didn't really redeem it, the weird salamander was... weird; and i'm not sure i'm too pleased with the main character being a 10 yo school girl who acts like she's the ****. just doesn't seem that interesting to me. I don't know. It just feels like i've seen far too many anime centered on so called badassed lolis to really look forward to a new one; especially one with tsundere eyes, twin tails and blond.

It's like Shaft got a hold of Nagi from Hayate then turned her into a vampire queen. yawn.

well i guess i'll give it one more ep since it seems they were determined to pull an "adventures of mikuru asahina ep 00" with this ep. hrm... yet another derivative thing about this anime. this ploy has been done before too.

I'm sorta disapointed. this isn't close to as good/funny or interesting as the last 3 shaft anime I saw started out. I mean the little 40 sec op sequence in bakemonogatari where they showed some scenes from before the series, was more interesting then this whole episode (let alone how good the first ep was); don't get me started on "Pink Supervisor's" entrance; and just like SZS, Maria†Holic killed me it was so funny in ep 1.

In defense of Dance in the Vampire Bund, the original manga is amazing. It may have a loli as the secondary lead character, but it doesn't detract from the, rather serious, story line in the least.

Actually, in the real story, the "nudity" is on par with Senjouharaga when she declares "I don't want to, only poor people do that!" when told to put on towel by Araragi after coming out of the shower. Same concept, similar personalities.

And atleast in the original story line, they gave a -reason- why she is loli, this isn't really a story for "otakus" because of it's seriousness, so the fact that she's a loli is actually part of the story line.

It's interesting how opinions are so different depending on what site you go to. Here it seems like the opinions are pretty negative so far. On another site, they love the show. Well, the other site is Sankaku Complex. They get excited about a show if it has loli and fanservice.

As opposed to the other posters in this thread i thought the first episode was brilliant. In fact it was one of the best intros ive seen, and the end really topped it all xD Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this anime :balloon:

Meh, the "paordy" of japanese television started midly enjoyable, then turned to be too long and boring. And the salamander was a lol wtf moment. I'll still watch, because I don't drop series after 1 episode, but I hope it gets better.

Wow i am supprized how many people here on this board are disappointed in this anime i personally think it is going to be one of the best this season. For those of you who haven't read the manga then the i will tell you the intro was different, and yes but much better imo than the manga. And if they began to show the story in the next episode which one can only assume they will , because of the way they ended the first episode.

Why the WTF moment when the actor/vampire turns into a Cameleon. Mina(the main charcter) explains in general terms why the guy turns into a Cameleon. She says:

"True forms reveal one's heart. You're just an incarnation of your self-pride and arrogance."

This is basically saying (in the case of the first ep) that you have different sides of yourself such as a actor would have because oh his roles in film or tv. So a Camelon can change the color of his skin to blend in with the surrounding environment. Which represents this particular vampires true form/heart.

With that said this is not one of those simple romance/Harem animes, it actually has some depth to it.

I personally can't wait for the next episode.

Hmmm...I actually thought the whole TV show concept was really interesting. I found it entertaining; I think I'll stick with this show for now, this episode really grabbed my attention.

Second episode was better, but really awkward. Young girls can be cute, but I don't find them sexually attractive. She was naked half the time, and I was just turned off by it.

Back