Bakemonogatari - Page 51 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #501
azanimefan
Otaku

Default Re: Bakemonogatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
I hardly expected it to, with it being so wordy and all.... dialogue-y. So much text. The only thing that I've watched as of late that came close to this is Trapeze, both are stuff that I shouldn't enjoy as much as I do.
Damn this for making me think of other stuff to compare it to. Brilliant, and gotta get to 3/4 sometime today.

And instead of crunching down, it gnaws on you. Gnaw gnaw gnash grind, without applying the pressure for a crunch.
the next 3 eps (arc) is where this series is made or broken for most people. if you're going to love this series the next arc will be a good one. if you're going to have issues with the series you'll likely have issues with this arc.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #502
azanimefan
Otaku

ep 3

ep 4
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #503
captaincrunch
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
I hardly expected it to, with it being so wordy and all.... dialogue-y. So much text. The only thing that I've watched as of late that came close to this is Trapeze, both are stuff that I shouldn't enjoy as much as I do.
Damn this for making me think of other stuff to compare it to. Brilliant, and gotta get to 3/4 sometime today.

And instead of crunching down, it gnaws on you. Gnaw gnaw gnash grind, without applying the pressure for a crunch.
The dialogue is the best part of Bakemonogatari.

As to the text, that's just a shaft/Shinbo thing. They love their flashes of text. You don't have to worry about the signs during the eps if you don't like pausing every few seconds, but the ones at the start of each episode are pretty helpful since they give you some background/history on the events taking place (ie additional context from the novels). If you use MPC just step the frame [ctrl+right].

I'm sure there's a place you can find on google that has all the backstory signs written out.

captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #504
Kruszer
Experienced Anime Fan

As people could have already guessed by my avatar, I love this show. Pretty much everything about it really, the wordy, clever conversations, the characters, the quirkiness of the animation. The only thing I did not like was having to wait for the last few episodes to be completed. I'm looking forward to more of the same in Kizumonogatari whenever that's due out.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kruszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #505
Thrawn
POPEE BELIEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by azanimefan View Post
the next 3 eps (arc) is where this series is made or broken for most people. if you're going to love this series the next arc will be a good one. if you're going to have issues with the series you'll likely have issues with this arc.
My expectations are at Dialogue x2 + Hardly any scenery change + fast text + dialogue + Slow. Double for slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
The dialogue is the best part of Bakemonogatari.

As to the text, that's just a shaft/Shinbo thing. They love their flashes of text. You don't have to worry about the signs during the eps if you don't like pausing every few seconds, but the ones at the start of each episode are pretty helpful since they give you some background/history on the events taking place (ie additional context from the novels). If you use MPC just step the frame [ctrl+right].

I'm sure there's a place you can find on google that has all the backstory signs written out.
Damn Shaft, and it's giving me another deja vu moment. I'm either going to go for the Google option, as it seems simple and will somehow turn out to be time consuming or let the episodes tell me what's what and be surprised when it's revealed.

Because my amazing taste is too much for my signature to show outright:

Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #506
oninosweeney
Otaku

Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.
Send a message via AIM to oninosweeney Send a message via Skype™ to oninosweeney

Kruszer, everything i have seen says spring 2012 at the earliest....

as long as it's done in my lifetime i'm cool.

Sar-chasm (n): The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.
oninosweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #507
Thrawn
POPEE BELIEVER

Episode 3

For today's speedy Shaft text, I zoned out on the last, which was slow. What a punk move.

Don't have much to say as usual but still some good stuff and great dialogue. I'll remember this for that and Senjougahara-san.

Because my amazing taste is too much for my signature to show outright:

Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #508
gunstsings
Anime Fan in Training

first thank for the one that recommended that fansub
i just sow ep 3 and 4, sorry im a lill behind, the download is slow

the 3'ep was talking, and is was amazing
hitagi is a very interesting character
and the guy hair is like its having its own life, it expresses his feeling more than the face, if you want to know how he feels at one point look at the hair, jumpy hair

ep 4
we have the kid, the fight was epic, he actually beat someone younger than him, plus it was a girl
hitagi was so cute when she said that he can blame her for going to far, but he said that he wont blame her for that small stuff

life on anime
gunstsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #509
MOJ
Narumon Z

I am horribly sorry guys. I am having some problems with my video players on the internet. I will download the episodes like you said to watch them. Also i am almost about to reach my internet limit so i can't go all out. Don't worry i will catch up soon but i apologize for not being able to contribute to the discussion. Will do so in my next post (a few hours at most)

My Claims!!! Thanks LitaDee!!!
MOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #510
MOJ
Narumon Z

Well first thoughts on this series. Let me try to put it into words...

Confused, love it, confused, PANTIES!!!, beautiful, creative

I only finished the first 5 episodes and i don't really know how to say this but i love the show, yet feel it is a bit slow paced and "bothersome". The animation is spectacular but i find the addition of real 3D shots a bit annoying(maybe that is whats bothering me), but they do give a really cool feel to the whole thing. As for the characters, they couldn't have been better. I have yet to come across a single cliche i hate. My fav has got to be Senjogahara, with her calm attitude and ability to make a head shot with a stapler and that epic nickname of "Tsundere-chan"

Honestly, i am confused as to what is going on and what the actual story is but i can't stop watching. There is something so refreshing in this anime.

My Claims!!! Thanks LitaDee!!!
MOJ is offline   Reply With Quote