Needless - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Quizap
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via AIM to Quizap
Default Needless

Needless

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Uh... lets see....

Ridiculousness of TTGL meets S-Cry-Ed... that's what I got out of it.

And what in the flippin hell does the ED animation have anything to do with this? It threw me off so bad from remembering what even happened in the episode.

R-18, if you read this.. you'll probably pull an Endless 8 watching the ED, can almost guarantee it.

Therik, you may want to protect the little one's in it, you may have to admit them into SPOIL.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 07-10-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added link to AniRec.
Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Wright
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to Wright
Default Re: NEEDLESS

lol yeah, that ending theme was...interesting....the show seems kinda cool, but nothing too special yet.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Scython
Anime Fan in Training

What were they thinking when they decided to animate such an ED. Really.

Eve is the only reason I'm watching episode 2. She somehow reminds me of Tenma from School Rumble a bit, and I liked her character a lot.

Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Holychrono
Otaku

I smell something epic. More updates soon.
Holychrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
Xennon

Default Re: Needless

Doubt it.

haven't checked the studios, but this has to be from the makers of TTGL. I mean, practically same characters/character designs. The Priest as Kamina, Eve as Yoko (not the same personality, but they practically fill the same role and look a lot alike, except Eve is younger, plus the hair), and also the little brat as Simoun.

It's like they are trying really hard to try and make another TTGL. Although, I guess I shouldn't compare and just watch the show without any bias (although it is hard). The show itself was ok. Nothing special, it was a so-so first episode.
Xennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
Oehr
Otaku

this really feels like a ttgl copycat without its epicness and awesome story telling plus unique characters. using religious names(testamentooo, etc) is also just stupid, unless its an anime focused on the bible (and this one clearly isnt).

also: germany names in this anime used as well^^
Oehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
ThePatches
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches

I... I... I might watch this, even though it's clear there's going to be no content here. Gleh. I hope the next episode either completely wows me or gives me a reason to drop it.

TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Lenaxia
Anime Fan in Training

I dunno, I JUST finished a TTGL marathon (like 2 days ago) and after the first episode I can honestly say that Nameless completely lacks the same epic feel that TTGL had. Don't get me wrong after watching TTGL it's now added to my list of top favorites, but I didn't really see any of the "slapstick" that was supposed to be there. I don't think I laughed once during the whole episode.

I've tried to match up the character comparison that people have made in this thread and I'm just not seeing it. Eve more reminds me of Excel (from Excel Saga), versus Yoko who was much more down to earth. And the priest is nothing like Kamina. He completely lacks the aggorgant recklessness that Kamina has.

Pretty much the only thing I've felt similar is the comic feel to it during the fights/etc. Not even seeing how the characters look similar.

I guess I should also note, after watching it, I deleted the first episode.
Lenaxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
OkamiNoKaze
Narumon Z

I thought this show was pretty cool, I thought the main guy resembled Kamina too especially the glasses. I liked the grenade in the bible bit, I bet there will be Python Parodies of that scene. How soon do new series get a listing on Anime Planet?
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #10
Quizap

Send a message via AIM to Quizap

They're normally done a few weeks in advance. Sothis has been ultra busy putting V3 live which is why we're not questioning it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote