Aoi Hana - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #21
NoirTheElitist
Otaku

Default Re: Aoi Hana

Finally had the time to catch up...at least until episode 7. Which I knew it would make me laugh =D

Let's see how they wrap up this up until episode 11. But I bet they'll make a second season or leave it to the manga. No way it fits u.u

NoirTheElitist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #22
ThePatches
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches

Episode 8

How can something so pretty move me so little? Am I missing something? Noir? Anyone?

TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #23
ThePatches
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches

Episode 9

I actually didn't want to set everyone on fire and even laughed a few times. The series seems to do a little better when it's not really about anything than when it attempts drama--at least to my eyes.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #24
ThePatches
Otaku

Episode 11

... ... ... If there's anyone listening you have one week to convince me that wasn't a COMPLETE waste of my time.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
DavidSeth
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
... ... ... If there's anyone listening you have one week to convince me that wasn't a COMPLETE waste of my time.
I don't think I can convince you otherwise; different strokes for different folks. While not the most engaging anime, I enjoyed it quite a bit (but then again I tend to like the slower paced slice of life stuff). I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if the story continues (which I'm sure it does) but how it ended was fine with me.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #26
n00bl3t
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to n00bl3t

Well, I have seen up to Episode 7.

So far, so good.

n00bl3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #27
Fireaxe
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Fireaxe

Just watched the final two episodes and I've got to admit that they were pretty darn good. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but it the end it stayed true to itself. This ISN'T your conventional yuri series. In fact, at its very core Aoi Hana isn't a show about girl-on-girl relationships, though I only realized it at the very end. Much like Hatsukoi Limited, Aoi Hana is a story about first loves, moving on and... not much else, really. I did hate Yasuko's character with a passion, but Fumi more than made up for it. Loved the hand-painted backgrounds, loved the music, and really liked the show in general.

4 / 5

Top 20:
Fireaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #28
soultorndrummer
Narumon Z

This anime seems to be met with mixed reviews so I'll just toss out my experience.

I'd first like to point out that this is my first anime in the genre. I've watched many romance/drama anime before, but this was my first shoujo-ai. I didn't watch it because I wanted to see girl on girl action, I watched it for the romance aspect. I found this anime while quite randomly wondering around the website and decided I'd give it a try.

It has been about 24 hours since I started watching the anime and I finished it about a half hour ago. The show sucked me in instantly. I found that I liked the characters (at least the 2 main characters Akira and Fumi) and that I identified with them (especially Fumi.)

I will say the show was rather slow, but in my opinion, it wasn't so slow to the fact that I'd drop or stall watching it. If this show was longer, I probably would have found it to be boring, but considering it was the length it was, I think it achieved it's primary goal.

My one and only complaint is the ending. I feel it ended fairly abruptly and I was hoping more would develop.

That being said. All around I was happy with the series and I think I'm going to give it a 4/5.
soultorndrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #29
Fireaxe
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Fireaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultorndrummer View Post
My one and only complaint is the ending. I feel it ended fairly abruptly and I was hoping more would develop.

That being said. All around I was happy with the series and I think I'm going to give it a 4/5.
Well, the manga isn't completed yet so

Top 20:
Fireaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #30
unitzero
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

whoa lot's of hate up in here.
I'm glad I didn't look at this before I finished the series :)

I watched this over the course of last week. My biggest complaints are Fumi's horrible voice actress and the sluggish pace of the first half of this 11 episode series. That said my overall experience was good.
If you look at what happened as a whole it was a well constructed story.
I don't care about the manga.
It wasn't the most fun show to watch, and I probably will never watch this again but I still thought it was pretty good. 4/5

the music was really, really nice. I especially like the OP and the melodramatic instrumental used throughout with the flute.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
unitzero is offline   Reply With Quote