Saki - Page 9 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #81
ThePatches
Otaku
 
ThePatches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by therik View Post

And Patches? Who's yours? I know you like Yuuki's voice, but I don't have you down as a lolicon, so I think you'd go for... Fujita Pro? If I'm right, I'm expecting a cookie, btw.
Close, but more on my favorites in a moment.

First:


Now, I was wondering about the loli-con thing... As I'm to understand it all of these girls are technically loli (being underage), doesn't therik's graphic statement of desire in relation to Saki void his own founding membership in SPOIL?

But, enough about you, let's talk about me. These girls are all so... Young. As a result, they firmly rest in the land of no-attraction for me. Fujita IS awesome, but there's something about her hair, were it longer, she'd probably be my favorite (therik, you can WATCH me eat a cookie for getting it kind of right). I'm gambling that I'll find Saki's older sister to be the most attractive girl in the series (when she arrives).

Currently, my second favorite character is Momo. Her "I LOVES YOU!" declaration a few episodes back was one of the highlights of the show for me. Too bad she's not going to last the season.
__________________





TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #82
therik
Otaku
 
therik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,391
Send a message via AIM to therik Send a message via MSN to therik
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
Now, I was wondering about the loli-con thing... As I'm to understand it all of these girls are technically loli (being underage), doesn't therik's graphic statement of desire in relation to Saki void his own founding membership in SPOIL?
Not all of them are underage. For me, underage is less than 16. I've done my research on this and I understand that - being first years - Saki, Nodoka and Yuuki are all 15-16. Hisa would be 17-18 as she's a third year, and the rest of the players will be somewhere beteween 15 and 18, depending on their month of birth and what year they're in. Koromo, for example, was explicitly mentioned as being 16.

As for Saki, I understand she's 15, but I'll wait a year. Somehow. If they do a birthday episode as filler, expect celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
But, enough about you, let's talk about me. These girls are all so... Young. As a result, they firmly rest in the land of no-attraction for me. Fujita IS awesome, but there's something about her hair, were it longer, she'd probably be my favorite (therik, you can WATCH me eat a cookie for getting it kind of right). I'm gambling that I'll find Saki's older sister to be the most attractive girl in the series (when she arrives).
See, that honestly was going to be my guess. Really, it was, but then I thought "no. Surely Patches won't pick a girl who hasn't yet been seen. That would be downright crazy." Seriously, you pick on the length of Fujita's hair. There could be any number of things wrong with Saki's sister. She could have a face in the shape of a shovel. she could have no fingers. She could be on fire. You get an unimpressed smiley for not thinking this through properly: =/
__________________




therik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #83
ThePatches
Otaku
 
ThePatches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by therik View Post
See, that honestly was going to be my guess. Really, it was, but then I thought "no. Surely Patches won't pick a girl who hasn't yet been seen. That would be downright crazy." Seriously, you pick on the length of Fujita's hair. There could be any number of things wrong with Saki's sister. She could have a face in the shape of a shovel. she could have no fingers. She could be on fire. You get an unimpressed smiley for not thinking this through properly: =/
I'm not gonna touch the hair comment. That will get us wildly off-topic because there would be a presentation. With pictures. Maybe I'll start a thread or something. BUT, I can speak to the rest of the comments.

First, lest anyone think therik telepathic, I have loudly proclaimed my preference for older women in anime (when I say Christmas Cake, I mean a woman over 25). therik took a gamble on the two older women in the series.

Now, in regard to the sister: Doesn't me pulling a crazy wait on my favorite series cutie fit in with the overal milieu of the anime? Besides, the wait is not as bad as it looks. There's also the possibility that Saki has a "Hot Shounen Mom".
__________________





TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #84
therik
Otaku
 
therik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,391
Send a message via AIM to therik Send a message via MSN to therik
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
First, lest anyone think therik telepathic, I have loudly proclaimed my preference for older women in anime (when I say Christmas Cake, I mean a woman over 25). therik took a gamble on the two older women in the series.
Sssshhh! Don't give away my secrets! >_>

*therik mutters something about it being your fault for being too predictable*


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
Now, in regard to the sister: Doesn't me pulling a crazy wait on my favorite series cutie fit in with the overal milieu of the anime?
I just imagined you as Hisa, holding a bunch of character tiles, waiting for one "Saki's sister" tile to complete your hand, while your team mates lament your decision to throw away a three-way wait on Momo, the girl with one eye, and Fujita Pro. This mental image amused me greatly. And you most definitely did fit in with the milieu of the show, so fair play to you on that.

Also, I really do want to see the presentation about hair length now. Very curious.
__________________




therik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #85
ThePatches
Otaku
 
ThePatches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by therik View Post

Also, I really do want to see the presentation about hair length now. Very curious.
I will take the time to gather my photos. Likely the presentation will be on my Tumblr. Any interested parties should PM me so that I can send them a message when I've got it up.

Also, the Kazekoshi Captain is cute, but ONLY WHEN SHE OPENS THE OTHER DAMN EYE. When both eyes are closed, I'm all "Ahh... What a refreshing smile." When the eye is closed, I'm like "Wear an eyepatch (Marie Mjolnir is high on my list), or slide your ninja headband down to cover it (no, I don't have a thing for Kakashi)."
__________________





TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #86
Moonfail
Otaku
 
Moonfail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spinning
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Moonfail
Default Re: Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatches View Post
I will take the time to gather my photos. Likely the presentation will be on my Tumblr. Any interested parties should PM me so that I can send them a message when I've got it up.

Also, the Kazekoshi Captain is cute, but ONLY WHEN SHE OPENS THE OTHER DAMN EYE. When both eyes are closed, I'm all "Ahh... What a refreshing smile." When the eye is closed, I'm like "Wear an eyepatch (Marie Mjolnir is high on my list), or slide your ninja headband down to cover it (no, I don't have a thing for Kakashi)."
I agree, I find a little weird appearance-wise. Also, doesn't it feel weird when you just have 1 eye closed? She must have gotten used to it by now, but it still probably feels weird. And anyways, if she thinks its weird, then she needs to have more self-confidence in her appearance. She is, very cute.

Anyways episode 18 was awesome. Go Saki.
__________________

Moonfail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #87
ThePatches
Otaku
 
ThePatches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches
Default Re: Saki

Saki 19


Non-spoiler for episode 20:
A POOL EPISODE? We already had a hot-spring episode. TWO FANSERVICE EPISODES IN ONE SEASON?!? This... This is excellent.

P.S. Hisa's apparently got a bangin' bod under that seifuku... Quiz has good eyes.
__________________





TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #88
Quizap
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Quizap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earthland, with the greatest guild imaginable
Age: 30
Posts: 4,582
Send a message via AIM to Quizap
Default Re: Saki

Indeed I do

I'd love to have a Hisa sig but can't find any good pictures anywhere.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #89
azanimefan
Otaku
 
azanimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 36
Posts: 2,925
Default Re: Saki

wow... that loli convo in this thread makes me feel unclean for watching saki. roflol

seriously though the amount of implied yuri in this show is about at the edge of my limits for yuri. i don't know much about this game but is it me... or
__________________
azanimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #90
ThePatches
Otaku
 
ThePatches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via AIM to ThePatches Send a message via MSN to ThePatches Send a message via Skype™ to ThePatches
Default Re: Saki

Oh, poor Az. My watch list would make him toss his cookies (Yakyuu Musume + Saki + Kanamemo + 3rd time through Strawberry Panic! for the review).
__________________





TACO? Don't mind if I do.
ThePatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.