Where did the blog feature go? - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Feature Requests, Bug Reporting, and Site Questions

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
sothis
Overlord

Default Where did the blog feature go?

[Note: posting this in preparation for the redesign; blogs are still around for another 24 hours until the redesign launches, at which point I'll remove this top note]

Hello! You've probably ended up here by trying to visit an Anime-Planet blog post.

Back in April 2014 we announced that we were deprecating the blog feature, and put up red warnings about the deprecation on all blog posts and blog pages (and, there was a community effort to inform people about the deprecation, so they could have a few months to migrate content away if desired).

In the few years that the blog feature was up, it saw very little use by only a handful of site users (in relation to how many users the site has). It was a time-sink to maintain, and took away from our ability to add new, really awesome features and functionality you love (like the video integrations, or the redesign). It was a hard decision, but one that was made for the greater good.

For the few of you who used the blog feature over the years, your support is not forgotten and is appreciated.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote