Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

Episode 01

Haha, this was pretty good.

Them riding on the two-person bike with everyone watching was just great. And when Nozaki picked up the cat, I seriously thought he was going to put it back in the tree (darn it, he didn't!).

Though I had a problem in the beginning when Chiyo readily agreed to go home with him after he asked - who does that?

But here's hoping it continues with the solid humor and won't reuse the autograph bit every episode because that will get tiring.

Come on, next week! I'll probably read the manga to tide me over.

Episode 1

I really enjoyed this
The animation was really amazing imo. It made the Sakura look really adorable. It seems to be a light hearted romcom which I can easily get into with just the minor annoyance of the MC not telling her crush how she feels.

Nozaki looks to be a a great character too. His VA fits so well with the personality.
I'm really looking forward to watching this one compared to some of the other things I started this season.
I expected a relatively empty thread.

show is cute.............why do I enjoy shoujo?

Because it's usually cute?

Episode 1:
I quite enjoyed this. More please.

I expected a relatively empty thread.

show is cute.............why do I enjoy shoujo?

Because shoujo heals your heart. Or tears it into tiny little pieces, destroying you entirely. One of the two.

I remember reading this manga awhile ago or at least whatever was out at the time. I think I was mainly hooked in originally by the art. It doesn't have your typical mass produced shoujo vibe. Then I got hooked on the characters. Gonna pick it up.

Probably because it does have the usual shoujo vibes. There's nothing wrong with shoujo mixed with shonen when it can turn out like this.

Can't go wrong with Dogakobo as of late. They've been a consistently good studio for a while.

I've enjoyed everything they've produced for 2+ years now.

ep1 - Cute, funny, I liked it. It's an interesting take on the school romcom ...
I thought Sakura's frank internal monologue about being invited to his room "So easily? Wait, I should leave ... but then he'd bring some other girl here, and I don't want that!", while betraying a rather low self-esteem, was funny. It seems a little more believable than sighs and doe-eyed staring (KnT, I'm looking at you ...)

But what really sold me on the show was when he asked Sakura whether she liked someone, and she starts to describe him to himself, saying "I confessed but he didn't notice" ... and he responds "What good is a guy like that?" That sums up the series vibe right there.
It's simple for me - if they sustain the comedy but allow at least some progress in the romance, I will enjoy this a lot.

episode 1... it had me.
it had me until she couldn't confess the second time. i have no desire for those shenanigans. then, they introduce red head douchebag and i was lost forever.

dropped.

it saddens me to do so, because the 70's-tastic opening theme song is so good!

Episode 1

One thing that's bugging me is...
...how Nozaki nonchalantly buys Chiyo's claim that she is his fan when he states in the episode later on that most people in the class don't even know about him being a shoujo manga artist and that even when he told them they didn't believe him. He should have had been somewhat taken aback in that situation and asked Chiyo about how she knows that he is a manga artist and more importantly how she came to believe it even though most people don't.

Episode 1
I'm sorry bit I got a real good laugh out of that moment when
they were riding the tandem bike. The way he nonchalantly ride it while everyone was stunned with that background music was pure comedic gold.

I wonder why I was so hesitant to pick this up before the season started. I must had assume this was some sort of serious romance anime. That and I thought the animation wasn't to my liking. Weird. ._.

Dogakobo had done it again. Another great work.

Loved this, i agree with 8MangaMan above, the art compliments Sakura very well and makes her look that much cuter, truth be told i wasn't sure if to watch the series, the main reason i decided to try it was because of this cute art and i see i made the right choice, very nice.

Im someone who enjoys a show like this time to time, some fun laughs here and there with a nice (thus far) feeling romance on the side so im down for it here.
Loved the Bike scene as well :D

Not too sure on my take on the red dude, guess i don't know him enough yet, seems like a dick thus far though (yes im judging on a 20 seconds scene), well the preview made me question that further but i wont jump ahead and enjoy what i can whilst it is here :)

Wait, episode 2 is out? well i know where the next 25 mins of my life is going now.

The second episode here built nicely on what came prior and all in all this seems like a pretty delightful, light-entertainment sort of show. On a comedic level in particular, everything here really worked for me and I thought the episode had very tight construction in terms of punchlines, timing and music cues.

The scenes with Seo ruminating on her own greatness as she blunders her way through the school, she and Nozaki's faux-dramatic sendoff, the same-face gag and Chiyo's realization of Mikoto as the heroine stand-in were particularly entertaining. Just very fun stuff, I had a big smile on face the whole time.

Last edited:
Back