El-Hazard: The Magnificent World

VivisQueen

[sadht]El-Hazard: The Magnificent World[/sadht][sadhl=97]el-hazard-the-magnificent-world[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Started initially for Waste Your Weekend, but anyone's welcome to join in at any time.

Episode 1:

It's okay. Standard person in a strange world beginning with slapstick comedy and a bit of silliness. It reminded me of Escaflowne for very obvious reasons, but it's already not feeling half as good. It's just... sillier.

After the initial chuckle, I find I'm not feeling the 'man against the bug' idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!!! That was great!

Jinnai is indeed the only real entertainment in this show. The comedy is otherwise a bit too silly and cliche for my tastes. The endless journeying also feels rather aimless. Sick of meeting new characters to add to the troupe of adventurers. I'm watching mostly in the background now. Doesn't help that the episodes are also longer than normal. Heh.

Finsihed the OVA. It was okay. Mostly background noise while I tried to do other things. Seriously couldn't hold my attention with its silliness and general generic portrayal of everything fantasy. I get the feeling that towards the end the characters became a bit more serious and involving, but that's just an impression I get by their sombre speeches and emotive flashbacks.

Jinnei was a great discovery, though. Cheesy evildoer in a nutshell. Now to watch Spriggan.

Back