Your help needed! Please take 10 minutes to fill out this survey for the AP redesign

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi everyone,

We've set up a card sort usability survey that will help us determine how to group features and content for the upcoming Anime-Planet redesign. While the survey might look random, the idea is to group the items into categories that you think fit well together, and then to name the category. Please choose names that describe the grouping (an action, a classification, a noun, etc) rather than 'stuff I want' or 'other'

TAKE THE SURVEY NOW

Thank you very much in advance for completing the survey - you are directly helping influence how the redesign will look, coming soon!

:love::drink:

Re: Your help needed! Please take 10 minutes to fill out this survey for the AP redes

Done.
I can tell someone is a project manager.

Re: Your help needed! Please take 10 minutes to fill out this survey for the AP redes

I just posted my contribution. I really wanted to thank you for doing this; most other sites don't actively seek out their members' thoughts or opinions, so I think it's really nice that you posted this. Your recent integration with Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Viki were fantastic ideas, and I really can't wait to see what you update next. The three things I'd really be interested to see would be:

~ Crunchyroll videos on AnimePlanet recognizing users with Crunchyroll subscriptions/memberships
~ Anime/manga recommendations based off members entire anime/manga lists (so, instead of finding a list of recommendations based off a single show I like, AnimePlanet would compile the recommendations for all of the shows I've seen and list them in order of which shows best match the majority of what's on my anime list)
~ A way to stream episodes of anime and real time chat with friends simultaneously (like a combination of a chat room and a live stream)

I tried to tailor my survey to match the two later ideas, but I don't know how easy it was to determine, so I just figured I restate my thoughts here in the forum. But more than anything else, I just really want to thank you for setting up this survey, and showing us members how much you value our thoughts/opinions. It really makes me glad to be a member on this site when I see you do things like this.

Done but I would have preferred a Venn diagram to allow for overlap (which I guess would translate to links between different site features).

Done. That is very, very nice way of probing user preference on menu layouts and grouping.

It was like doing a puzzle!

One that required lots of thinking!

20 minutes for me, how slow.

In all seriousness I spend quite a while figuring out where to put what and changing my mind a lot, but in the end I managed to put something together that I thought was workable. Though I must say that sometimes I really wanted to put down things in two categories. Including lots of gimmicks in some sections just for conveniences sake...

Last edited:

Done. I just did what my first instincts were. I am going to be late for work now but at least I have my priorities straight :megusta:

AP is the best!

Done.

Didn't take me too long because when I read this thread I knew somewhat what I was looking to do.
Actually turned into some kind of fun game/time killer for me.

20 minutes for me, how slow.

I thought I have to sort boxes in left pane vertically. So i spent 5 minutes grouping them and then figured out I should drag them to the left... Not my finest moment.

Yeah that was what I did...I gave up on the thing....but then went back later and stared at it till I thought...why is there so much open space over there on the right side.....

Done.

Good luck with redesign.

Done, thought it took me way more time than I expected :baka:

Finished! :balloon:

Done! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Yeah that was what I did...I gave up on the thing....but then went back later and stared at it till I thought...why is there so much open space over there on the right side.....

Exactly...

Sothis, if you get results in some form of fancy graph could you post it for us? I'm curious how my preferences related to popular opinion :-)

Done, no need to thank me :drink:

Added my two cents.

Back