Gundam Wing - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing
(a.k.a. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

No existing thread, seemingly, so thought I'd start one.

Wow, this is quite abysmal. Trawling the Code Geass R2 depths of irrationality and nonsense.

Only another twenty episodes to go. >_<

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 12-16-2008 at 09:49 PM.
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
PausebreakV
Narumon Z

Send a message via MSN to PausebreakV
Default Re: Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing is one of the first series that got me into anime. I miss Toonami.
My favorites were Trowa and Duo.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Leshrac
Narumon Z

One of the best anime i have ever seen. The storyline is very good, not too much sidestories. I like the Deathscythe gundam with Duo piloting it the best, hence the signature :P.
Leshrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Pidjiken
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via MSN to Pidjiken Send a message via Skype™ to Pidjiken

I disliked Gundam Wing entirely.

I finished it since it had epic hype and ended up being thoroughly disappointed.

Most of the fighting is easily summarized. Gundam flies by in front of 3 or more suits, suits then explode for no fucking reason at all. You don't see a slash or a shot, just boom. It's as if the sheer awesomeness of the suit's design blew them up. Hated that so fucking much.

At least the grunts in Gundam 00 put up a fucking fight, and on top of that, when they get raped you get to see why they were raped. The only reason I believe wing was popular was because of how awesome some of the suits were. Deathscythe was cool no matter how you looked at it. The Heavyarms was pathetic and retarded as it runs out of fucking ammo fast and has to piss itself and run EVERYFUCKINGTIME it fought. The scientist that designed the HeavyArms should be fired. Sandrock was meh, it was as if they needed the token arab suit or some shit. The Shenlong gundam was really cool, and the Wing Gundam was decent.

This particular series would hardly make my top 100 list. -.-; It's a hype driven snooze fest.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
ParaParaJMo
Anime Guru

Gundam Wing is more for the casual anime or hardcore anime fan that hasn't seen Gundam. It's not the best Gundam has to offer (Zeta and 08th MS Team are far superior), but the designs are more flashy, and the story is not as complex.

Be sure to check out: www.youtube.com/hajimenojmo and his top 50 anime at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kngwg5N5APw
ParaParaJMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #6
exacerbatedpoet
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by PausebreakV View Post
Gundam Wing is one of the first series that got me into anime. I miss Toonami.
My favorites were Trowa and Duo.
Yes! This is exactly how I feel except I have to disagree with the favorites. Heero and his Gundam were the most awesome in my opinion although Duo and his gundam were pretty cool too. Trowa was cool except his gundam had a major problem with the ammunition. I think Gundam Wing is a great series to watch if you are watching Gundam Wing for the first time though.
exacerbatedpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
onewingedangel
Narumon Z

Send a message via MSN to onewingedangel

a loved gundam wing when it was on toonami a havent seen it in a long while though my fave was duo he was the best
Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
Helba
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post
I disliked Gundam Wing entirely.

I finished it since it had epic hype and ended up being thoroughly disappointed.

Most of the fighting is easily summarized. Gundam flies by in front of 3 or more suits, suits then explode for no fucking reason at all. You don't see a slash or a shot, just boom. It's as if the sheer awesomeness of the suit's design blew them up. Hated that so fucking much.

At least the grunts in Gundam 00 put up a fucking fight, and on top of that, when they get raped you get to see why they were raped. The only reason I believe wing was popular was because of how awesome some of the suits were. Deathscythe was cool no matter how you looked at it. The Heavyarms was pathetic and retarded as it runs out of fucking ammo fast and has to piss itself and run EVERYFUCKINGTIME it fought. The scientist that designed the HeavyArms should be fired. Sandrock was meh, it was as if they needed the token arab suit or some shit. The Shenlong gundam was really cool, and the Wing Gundam was decent.

This particular series would hardly make my top 100 list. -.-; It's a hype driven snooze fest.
I agree with you. I never saw Wing growing up so I decided to check this anime out because everyone was raving how it was the best in the Gundam series. I got 5 episodes in...and I just couldn't do it anymore. You're right how it just seems like the Gundams appear then the enemy is dead. I don't even have a clear idea who the enemy is supposed to be. There doesn't seem to be any sign of a war going on. Just some...kids, then there's that annoying, unrealistic Relina girl. Uhg, I wouldn't know since I've only seen 5 episodes, but this might be the worst Gundam series out there and I haven't even seen all the Gundam series...I just, KNOW. -__-
Helba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Duomaxwe
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Duomaxwe Send a message via MSN to Duomaxwe

Gundam Wing is a good series.

Animations a little old, but it's still worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Duo Maxwell, the God of Death is an amazing character, throughout all anime and not just Gundam.

It is not foolish to have a dream, but mad to have only a dream. Unfortunately this world is full of dreamers - Lord Il Palazzo
Duomaxwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Cyberia
Narumon Z

Wing is my least favorite of the Gundam series. They dropped the normaly deep characters of other Gundams for pretty boys who are about as shallow as a piss on the sidewalk.
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote