[Request][Forum] Videogames and Entertainment forum(s) - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Feature Requests, Bug Reporting, and Site Questions

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Lithium
Otaku

Default [Request][Forum] Videogames and Entertainment forum(s)

At the moment the entertainment forum exists as a sub forum and the Videogames discusion here seems to get split between the aforementioned entertainment form and the pretty much hidden gamer's club sub forum (which I didn't even knew existed until a couple of months ago). Due to this, I think activity on these forums are lower than they probably would be if they were presented as their own forum(s) viewable from the Anime-Planet forum index page.

These forums could be their own separate forums as seen from the main index, but in the case that these are sub forums because the admins worry about post density, Just making the "Entertainment" forum seen from the main index would suffice. I personally have no preference between the two proposals in this paragraph.

I understand that there will be a new message board soon, so this request doesn't have to be for this old one, assuming that the switch will be happening in the foreseeable future. Since if there is an ETA on the new board, I couldn't find the announcement for it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Lithium; 09-14-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: edited to make what im suggesting more clear
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
MrBlank
Otaku

Default Re: [Request][Forum] Videogames and Entertainment forum(s)

Video games fall under entertainment does it not? Posting anything related to entertainment, such as new game releases, what game you are playing, help identifying games and so on. It's not strictly a section for video games and to be honest not much video game related conversation is even talked about on the forums outside of maybe a couple threads for it to warrant an entire section to itself in my opinion.

Maybe clumping together all the video game related threads in a video game sub forum would be nice but I'm not sure it would get a lot of traffic even if put into a noticeable spot.

Credits go to Fumze for the Sig.

MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
Lithium
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
Video games fall under entertainment does it not?
Sure, which is why I suggested it be one forum if the admins were worried about post density. IE: just make the "entertainment" forum part of the main index. Sorry if that wasn't clear before*.

Main reason I'm requesting this is because Anime and Video game fans would have a fairly large overlap if there were a venn diagram of the two groups; Which is why I'm thinking that there would be more conversations/threads going on if the forum(s) were more noticeable. I also hope to have a little more activity in the entertainment forum, so I'm more or less following the same logic with that as well. Considering how a lot of the other forums on the main index don't get much activity anyways I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

*edited OP for clarity

Last edited by Lithium; 09-14-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Bluntjoker

I'm actually on board with this one, seeing the entertainment forum on the main page could promote its usage a lot more.

Bluntjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
sothis
Overlord

yeah, i actually think video games should be its own forum at this point, there's always a lot to discuss.

will keep this under consideration before doing some reworking with the forum sections, going to remove and move around a bunch of stuff soon

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote