Kanon (2006) - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Fuyuzuki
Anime Fan in Training

Default Kanon (2006)

Kanon (2006)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

First off, I'm surprised there wasn't topic for this anime. Yes, I tried Search function and I checked the Alphabetical list of animes, neither provided me a link to topic about Kanon.

ANN links to both of the Kanons.
Kanon
Kanon(2006)

Here's the summary of the Kanon(2006)
Yuichi Aizawa returns to this city after seven years. In his childhood, he often visited it, but something happend in the past which caused him to block out his memories of the events of seven years ago. On the day after he gets settled in, he meets a girl carrying a backpack with wings on it. Her name is Tsukimiya Ayu and he begins to recall the memories he had lost.

Then discussion of the series itself. I'll post mine in a spoiler due the massive amounts of spoilers it may and probably contains.

In the end, this was very beautiful story with well places humor to lighten up the mood due the "heavy" story. Much like the Ayu Mayu show in KGNE.
Although there's one thing that did surprise me. I did not find a girl within this series that would earn my unconditional love. I did find one favorite, but none of the girls could get the above. The favorite would be Mai.
Earns place in my TOP 5, which already contains more than 10 series.
Goes little off, but next I'm supposed to watch Air, but after hearing some comments of other people how Air was, I'm in doubt..

Great piece of art, definitely worth of watching.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Fuyuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Niw
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Kanon

Actually...

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/an...724-kanon.html Though this seems to be in the reviews section... ;/
Kanon - Anime-Planet
Kanon (2006) - Anime-Planet

Old 07-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Fuyuzuki
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niw View Post
Actually...

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/an...724-kanon.html Though this seems to be in the reviews section... ;/
Kanon - Anime-Planet
Kanon (2006) - Anime-Planet

Seems like I'm at fault then. But like I said, I did check the Alphabetical list and used search function before posting, neither provided me topic of Kanon within "Specific anime discussion section"
Old 07-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
Fuyuzuki
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hembo View Post
No, you are not at fault. This site has too many rules. Like we're supposed to find every single forum? Anyway there was no forum for Kanon. So don't be worried. Even if there was and you didn't find it, just make a new one. Currently I'm watching the newer version and I want to watch the older version. It's certainly a good show or I wouldn't watch it. How did you hear about it? The strange thing is that there are a few animes that I don't know how I found out about, but I just had to watch them. Kanon was one of them. I have no idea where I heard about Kanon from but it seems like one of those animes that you just have to watch.

Well, it goes back to the time when I was still watching Clannad. I was hanging on another forum where they were discussing of Key's other animations and such, this is basically from where I first heard of Kanon and others. The whole story began from one GIF I saw that was taken from Clannad. That GIF got me pretty much hooked up on these..
Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
riotranger
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Kanon (2006)

Wow, its amazing how higher quality animation and a few different voice actors made this anime seem 100% better than Kanon (2002).

Definitely a good anime to watch.

riotranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Zeroblade4201
Narumon Z

Send a message via AIM to Zeroblade4201

I liked it but I tend to get over emotional with animes like this so i tend to yell NO and YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME a lot, and I did it a lot during this.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
Roman
Experienced Anime Fan

Thumbs up Re: Kanon (2006)

This anime struck me like a hundred Dragon fists attacks. The best psychological drama with a hint of romance out there that I have seen. Yuuichi was a bit douchy at times but other then that it was awesome.

Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Pendevous
Anime Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Pendevous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
This anime struck me like a hundred Dragon fists attacks. The best psychological drama with a hint of romance out there that I have seen. Yuuichi was a bit douchy at times but other then that it was awesome.
Lol agreed at this. I wonder why I never noticed this thread before, considering this anime is in my top 5 (specifically my top 1).

The Wizard of APUCC
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
ForgottenSon
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yuuichi was a bit douchy at times but other then that it was awesome.
God yeah. It's amazing I hold an anime with an arse of a protagonist in such high-esteem.

My Band||My LastFM|MyMiniCity
ForgottenSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
Verified
Otaku

..... You disappoint me Kanon 2006

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Cool Things
Verified is offline   Reply With Quote