Strike Witches TV - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #1
Oehr
Otaku

Default Strike Witches TV

Strike Witches TV

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

is this just like sky girls? if it is, i will gladly not watch it...
could someone tell me please?

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 09-30-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Oehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
Niw
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Strike Witches TV

Loli assault! Haven't seen skygirls, but it's probably pretty similar. Lolis flying around in bloomers and shooting aliens with huge guns. This if anything gets Pedobear's seal of approval.

Last edited by Niw; 07-05-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Niw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
ern3sto
Anime Fan in Training

so far i dont like this anime at all, the action is nice but every 5 sec u have a panty shot guarantee which is kinda annoying, also as ive read in another comment to this series "the word underwear loses its meaning if its the only thing u are wearing" which is quite correct in this case^^

the whole anime seems be a combination of gunslinger girl and kanokon, if things keep on like this thats probably a "wont watch" or at least a "dropped"

PS: why do they get neko ears and tails when equipping whith weapons?
ern3sto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
syronis
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to syronis Send a message via MSN to syronis

This anime seems particularly similar to Sky Girls, I'm not entirely thrilled with it, but I'll give it a couple more episodes to develop and we'll see what happens... it could turn out to be a bit better.

I think they get he neko ears and tails every time they use their witch powers, i don't think it has anything to do with their weapons in particular.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Oehr
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern3sto View Post
so far i dont like this anime at all, the action is nice but every 5 sec u have a panty shot guarantee which is kinda annoying, also as ive read in another comment to this series "the word underwear loses its meaning if its the only thing u are wearing" which is quite correct in this case^^

the whole anime seems be a combination of gunslinger girl and kanokon, if things keep on like this thats probably a "wont watch" or at least a "dropped"

PS: why do they get neko ears and tails when equipping whith weapons?
mahou!mahou!

anyway, spice and wolf started something: tails!
after spice and wolf ended, we get kanokon with more wolfs and tail buddys and right after this we get a loli tail show with a pair of animal ears...

spice and wolf was great, kanokon is also good, but this show seems to destroy my love to furry tails!

i just watched the ova and decided to NOT watch this show.

btw, do you want a girl friend that sounds like a airplane?

EDIT: gonzo will fail! FAIL HARD. good bye gonzo!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
syronis
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to syronis Send a message via MSN to syronis

Speaking of Spice and Wolf, do you think there will be a second season of it? I really enjoyed that series, although it took me a while to get around to it. I didn't even think about it, was Strike Witches done by Gonzo, if so.... then the story will become incredibly redundant and I'll lose interest relatively quick. I"m not quite sure where the hype for Gonzo comes from, alot of the stuff I've seen that they did I would consider mediocre at best.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
BTime

Default Strike Witches

Witches around the world are being recruited into a strike force against an alien presence that is attacking the world.

First episode was decent, however I found myself wishing that the Strike Witches would battle in Tights or Pants rather than Pantsu. If you can get past the panty shots it would seem there may be a story here worth watching.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-18-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Mod Note: Merged
Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Oehr
Otaku

Default Re: Strike Witches

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/cu...itches-tv.html

somebody, merge

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-18-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Mod Note: Merged
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #9
BTime

Witches around the world are being recruited into a strike force against an alien presence that is attacking the world.

First episode was decent, however I found myself wishing that the Strike Witches would battle in Tights or Pants rather than Pantsu. If you can get past the panty shots it would seem there may be a story here worth watching.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
Khoukharev
Narumon Z

Send a message via ICQ to Khoukharev

Quote:
spice and wolf was great, kanokon is also good, but this show seems to destroy my love to furry tails!
just started watching Inukami. there are some nice tales and it seems to be pretty good parody on series like Wagaya no Oinari-sama.
Quote:
Speaking of Spice and Wolf, do you think there will be a second season of it?
I think there surely will be 1 to 2 seasons, since the story in incomplete.

back to topic. Strike Witches is a waste of time. I'll try to watch 2nd ep., if there would be no drastical changes then I'll drop it
Khoukharev is offline   Reply With Quote