Tower Of God - Page 11 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Manga Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #101
GenericUser
Otaku
 
GenericUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hannibal's Kitchen
Age: 22
Posts: 1,767
Send a message via Skype™ to GenericUser
Default Re: Tower Of God

Putting down some general thoughts about the series and this looks like the appropriate thread for it.

__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
GenericUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #102
GekoHayate
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
GekoHayate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kalos
Age: 24
Posts: 3,805
Send a message via Skype™ to GekoHayate
Default Re: Tower Of God

^

__________________
"Die flügel der freiheit"

1693-1716-4178


GekoHayate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #103
Bradalee
Moderator
 
Bradalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 24
Posts: 10,261
Send a message via Skype™ to Bradalee
Default Re: Tower Of God

And another one appreciated the awesomeness of ToG, huzzah!

__________________


Bradalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #104
SpaceDaiGun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tower Of God

Just read the first 2 chapters, the art is great but how long does it take for the story to start getting interesting?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #105
BrainBlow
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
BrainBlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Guitar shaped Viking land
Age: 21
Posts: 16,241
Send a message via Skype™ to BrainBlow
Default Re: Tower Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDaiGun View Post
Just read the first 2 chapters, the art is great but how long does it take for the story to start getting interesting?
A while longer, but make sure to pay attention. It won't get interesting by just browsing pages.
This is an epic that just builds and builds.
When Rak and Koon appears, it starts getting good.
__________________

Open the spoiler! You trash!!
BrainBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #106
SpaceDaiGun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tower Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBlow View Post
A while longer, but make sure to pay attention. It won't get interesting by just browsing pages.
This is an epic that just builds and builds.
When Rak and Koon appears, it starts getting good.
Koon just showed up, I'm also making sure I actually read the words with this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #107
Bradalee
Moderator
 
Bradalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 24
Posts: 10,261
Send a message via Skype™ to Bradalee
Default Re: Tower Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDaiGun View Post
Koon just showed up, I'm also making sure I actually read the words with this one.
Seems odd to me that you normally don't read the words

But yeah, in ToG you need to carefully read everything. You'll see things you thought were random, inconsequential or pointless along the way, only to find out it was epic foreshadowing or backstory a hundred chapters later.

Also - The new chapter being delayed is lame as hell
__________________


Bradalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #108
SpaceDaiGun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tower Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradalee View Post
Seems odd to me that you normally don't read the words

But yeah, in ToG you need to carefully read everything. You'll see things you thought were random, inconsequential or pointless along the way, only to find out it was epic foreshadowing or backstory a hundred chapters later.

Also - The new chapter being delayed is lame as hell
I read the words, but for some reason I felt like I had to read Shokugeki no Soma at lightspeed. I tend to read manga very fast but I can usually still tell what's going on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #109
tonycassidy
Otaku
 
tonycassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the arms of my beloved
Age: 34
Posts: 1,492
Send a message via Yahoo to tonycassidy Send a message via Skype™ to tonycassidy
Default Re: Tower Of God

Isn't like shades of Sword Art Online?
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



tonycassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #110
SpaceDaiGun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tower Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycassidy View Post
Isn't like shades of Sword Art Online?
I think it's more like Shadow of the Colossus.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.