New feature: bigger character images! - Page 2 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Site Announcements

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
MwrulesC
Experienced Anime Fan

Default Re: New feature: bigger character images!

Nice, I'll try to keep an eye out for larger pics when I watch stuff in the future. I'm assuming that you'd generally want pictures that are similar in shape like what we've been using so far. (Not sure if I'm being clear, but with dimensions more like 400x600 versus 400x200.)

Even though I'm not a mod, I do try to go through that Help Needed section every so often to see if I can contribute anything. Unfortunately I've usually forgotten too much about a series to be too helpful.

On a side note (and you've probably already planned on doing this), will you be updating the Character Submissions guidelines with this information? I usually skim over that as a refresher if I haven't submitted characters in a while, especially the images section.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Zaig
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Re: New feature: bigger character images!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwrulesC View Post
Nice, I'll try to keep an eye out for larger pics when I watch stuff in the future. I'm assuming that you'd generally want pictures that are similar in shape like what we've been using so far. (Not sure if I'm being clear, but with dimensions more like 400x600 versus 400x200.)
Correct. We encourage pictures to now be taken with the recent function to store bigger images in mind, and that we have a new max width of 400 and a max height of 600. As for this shape you speak of, photos should resemble vertical rectangles and not squares.

Quote:
Even though I'm not a mod, I do try to go through that Help Needed section every so often to see if I can contribute anything. Unfortunately I've usually forgotten too much about a series to be too helpful.
Any help is appreciated! And to clarify, if anybody is interested in helping us verify submission information, please, PLEASE explain why it's correct or incorrect. Merely saying, "This is correct." or "Looks good yo." can't be taken literally as confirmations.

Quote:
On a side note (and you've probably already planned on doing this), will you be updating the Character Submissions guidelines with this information?
We're working on this right now. : )

"To think that the enemy of your enemy is your friend, but still your enemy!"
"You…you still haven’t shown me how to open a can of coffee."

Last edited by Zaig; 04-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote