New feature: bigger character images! - Page 2 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Site Announcements

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
MwrulesC
Experienced Anime Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default Re: New feature: bigger character images!

Nice, I'll try to keep an eye out for larger pics when I watch stuff in the future. I'm assuming that you'd generally want pictures that are similar in shape like what we've been using so far. (Not sure if I'm being clear, but with dimensions more like 400x600 versus 400x200.)

Even though I'm not a mod, I do try to go through that Help Needed section every so often to see if I can contribute anything. Unfortunately I've usually forgotten too much about a series to be too helpful.

On a side note (and you've probably already planned on doing this), will you be updating the Character Submissions guidelines with this information? I usually skim over that as a refresher if I haven't submitted characters in a while, especially the images section.
__________________
MwrulesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Zaig
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Zaig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Alchemy Workshop
Age: 23
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: New feature: bigger character images!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwrulesC View Post
Nice, I'll try to keep an eye out for larger pics when I watch stuff in the future. I'm assuming that you'd generally want pictures that are similar in shape like what we've been using so far. (Not sure if I'm being clear, but with dimensions more like 400x600 versus 400x200.)
Correct. We encourage pictures to now be taken with the recent function to store bigger images in mind, and that we have a new max width of 400 and a max height of 600. As for this shape you speak of, photos should resemble vertical rectangles and not squares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwrulesC View Post
Even though I'm not a mod, I do try to go through that Help Needed section every so often to see if I can contribute anything. Unfortunately I've usually forgotten too much about a series to be too helpful.
Any help is appreciated! And to clarify, if anybody is interested in helping us verify submission information, please, PLEASE explain why it's correct or incorrect. Merely saying, "This is correct." or "Looks good yo." can't be taken literally as confirmations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwrulesC View Post
On a side note (and you've probably already planned on doing this), will you be updating the Character Submissions guidelines with this information?
We're working on this right now. : )
__________________

"To think that the enemy of your enemy is your friend, but still your enemy!"
"You…you still haven’t shown me how to open a can of coffee."

Last edited by Zaig; 04-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.