Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

randomredneck

Majestic Prince
Alt title: Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

================================================================================

Checked out the first episode. The main 5 are excessively bland in the character department, but those fight scenes were totally Boss. So, as long as they keep that up, I'll keep watching.

Episode 1:

Pretty design and nonsensical mecha orgies... I'm sold.

It was unlikely i was going to pick this series up (nothing against it, simply i never looked into it and i think i got enough spring anime on my watch list) but something about that comment made me less tempted to watch it xD

They so used up all their budget on the mechs and fight scenes. The character design are just awful to look at.

Episode 2.
So, the reason they don't take out the stand still good guys is...cause it was too easy? Okay then...that aside, that press conference was worth a giggle. Especially him holding up the drawing as his answer.

I hate mecha's. The only thing i hate more are fucking Neko's. But i will admit that i enjoyed the designs of the mech's in this show, which is something for me.

But as usual my main gripe is this. The whole operation/government is ran by adults and the military, who are adults themselves. Why the fuck do they need children to pilot multi-million dollar space-ready fighting mecha's??? Wouldn't it be more sensible to train adults, who aren't impulsive, immature and have proper training? No? Just me? Right, ok then....

Then we get onto who they chose to pilot these awesome mech's. Nope, they didn't choose the team that came top in the training exercise earlier that day, they chose the ones who always finish bottom, and even get called 'loser team'. Yeeeeeeah, great idea based on cold, hard logic there Mr big shot military LeVar Burton wannabe.

As that wasn't bad enough they wipe out the enemy with ease to begin with. Then it gets worse, one of them single handedly destroys the entire enemy main fleet when the second wave comes. Come the fuck on, this is stupid. I was led to believe these kids sucked hard in the first 10minutes, now i'm meant to believe they're mech piloting overlords? Fuck off.

Then we get onto the characters themselves. Not a lotto say here except that they flit between bland or irritating.

Animation wise the mechs were pretty badass and the battle scenes were enjoyable. But the character designs are horrible, it' one of the worst i've seen in a long time to be honest. The characters mouths are all just.....strange.

I'll keep watching for now, but i can't say i'm impressed thus far, outside of the nice battle scene that is.

Good points for the first episode but I believe some of it is explained in the second epsiode I mainly kept watching this series because I enjoy the Sibyl.. Juria System idea which does seem quite interesting and I am surprised that it hasn't been done before well I can't think of anything else doing it.

Episode 2
1st: Unlike most mecha anime at least this clearly states that this is a new project to help them fight back and they have problems funding it too. The purpose of the project is to take a human from birth and link it to the Juria system otherwise it wouldn't work efficiently. Not the most satisfactory but hey its much better than most other series with similar themes.

2nd: As for why they picked the crap team to do it I have no idea doubt that will be explained anytime soon.

3rd: Why they kicked ass is because of the system they basically got high on an adrenaline rush.

4th: Looks like the enemy has something similar because they seemed to know the weakness and typically came alone to remind the puny humans just how puny they were before leaving. Yeah I never liked this kind of theme in any series.

All in all an alright series could get better but then again could get a whole lot worse but due to its animation I doubt anyone will be keen on watching it.

dOmRHFw.gif

now to see if i can do it with less colour banding...

ep 2 was ok, the press conference scene was funny especially the accepting applications scene

as for why there were selected well their either are genetically breed kids to be war heros and based on their genetics are the most superior in that school, like in enders game or are the worse and were intended as easy targets while the army does its rescue mission

Episode 3.
If I had to hear "Resort, Vacation, Romance" one more time, I was gonna reach through my monitor and strangle that bitch. With all the robot action crammed into the last few moments of this one, it just leaves you with the actual characters. And that's not this shows strong point. And thank you preview, for demolishing my hopes of Tamaki actually being dead. Ugh.

Episode 3
I wasn't paying attention but exactly why
did hero enthusiast ran towards that butler guy at the resort? It seems out of place and really, really stupid. Unless it was intentional to introduce that silver haired girl which I must scoff at the producers/staff/w.e for doing a terrible job at not only the anime but introducing characters as though they were meant to be important later on.
Also, anyone thinks this anime is leaning towards the younger audiences...

Episode 4.
>Possibly seconds from dying.
>Only thought it that she never got to go on a date.

...God, I hate that chick. I'm starting to wonder if getting their memories wiped is why these five have personalities as shallow as a frigging mud puddle. Oh, and look, mystery heiress lady likes picture books. How convenient that our hero likes to draw, huh? And seriously, funbags is an heiress too? Oy...
But, like usual, the mech action keeps me watching.

Back