Toshokan Sensou - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Toshokan Sensou

Toshokan Sensou
(a.k.a. Library War)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Anybody watching this? What do you think?

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 03-12-2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Edited to use newer header format.
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
Pieman2006
Narumon Z

Default Re: Toshokan Sensou

yes, and i think it is very watchable. Strange having gunfights over books but i've seen stranger plots.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
vonpost
Anime Fan in Training

Yep, feels a bit like Moyashimon to me, for some reason. Can't quite figure out why, though.

Not too sure how I feel about this anime so far. It's pretty funny, and watchable
like above said. It's like a light snack between meals, or something like that (hope someone gets that metaphor D:)
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Xennon

I planned on watching this one, but it was late on getting subbed and I kinda forgot about it, but Im getting the episodes now. It looks very interesting.

"I've found out in life that you can't live in the past... or the future, or the present." - Al Bundy
Xennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
ace52387
Experienced Anime Fan

I'm watching the R.O.D TV series right now, and granted I've only seen 1 episode of Library Wars, but it's kind of funny to me how both these series' kind of forget the importance of the internet as far as information goes.

That's a stupid gripe, since forgetting the internet is probably one of the less ridiculous pieces of fantasy in either series. I don't know why I can't get over it.

This series reminds me of Planetes, just with a little more comedy. The animation quality is very good for a TV series. I hope it's not just first episode, as is often the case. I would have liked those blunt "character file" introductions omitted though.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
aboumonkey
Anime Fan in Training

I watched the first three episodes yesterday.This show has some very nice characters to watch.The end of the second episode was kinda unexpected since in most anime these things take seasons to happen.I love the ending song and animation.The plot is weird ,yes, and it is hard to believe it but I am in for the characters and the whole military thing.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
Xennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboumonkey View Post
I watched the first three episodes yesterday.This show has some very nice characters to watch.The end of the second episode was kinda unexpected since in most anime these things take seasons to happen.I love the ending song and animation.The plot is weird ,yes, and it is hard to believe it but I am in for the characters and the whole military thing.

"I've found out in life that you can't live in the past... or the future, or the present." - Al Bundy
Old 05-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
aboumonkey
Anime Fan in Training

I don't agree the whole military thing is crap.It is just that its hard to believe that a 'war' is raging about books.If it was for information in general it wouldn't be that hard.Also libraries are a state within Japan ? What does the central government support ,libraries or the Media Cleansing thing ? Too many questions...but I hope they will answer all of them in the course of the series.I don't want another Samurai Seven anime.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Xennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboumonkey View Post

I don't agree the whole military thing is crap.It is just that its hard to believe that a 'war' is raging about books.If it was for information in general it wouldn't be that hard.Also libraries are a state within Japan ? What does the central government support ,libraries or the Media Cleansing thing ? Too many questions...but I hope they will answer all of them in the course of the series.I don't want another Samurai Seven anime.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
Xennon

Uh, this one makes my brain hurt. They should have made the first episode just entirely on how the war started and the rules, because this is just confusing.